Sign in to follow this  
NicoDet

Pattern help

Question

Can someone please help me figure out the individual rows to complete this pattern? I lost my instructions! This is the right side and I can see to maybe start with a single crochet row, then maybe a double row, I have NO IDEA how to duplicate that third row! Next a shell row, then maybe the last row is another double crochet row? Thank you in advance!!!

15607217319678124996873389503960.jpg

3 answers to this question

I dont think I can guess it all but working backwords ( row where hook is) looks to be dc in back loops only in each sc and each chain of previous row.

Next row back looks to be 3sc in each chain space of previous row then chain 1 all across

Next row back looks to be chains ( dont know how many but maybe 3) and sc's across .  This is where I cant guess.  In order for me to duplicate this I would have to pull it apart.  

It does look like row 1 is sc and row 2 is dc back loop only.  Not sure if there are ch every so many dc or if that next row has multiple stitches made into one dc but they are possibly worked into a ch space.

Sorry not a lot of help.  Maybe someone will recognize the pattern.

Chiming in to say I don't recognize it either.  It is interesting, tho.  

I agree that the last-made row was not made in a conventional way, but I don't think it's in the back loops of the shells because there are 2 top loops of the shells showing - BLO would have 1 loop showing.  The shells themselves appear to be made into chain loops, which makes me wonder if that last row of DCs were made in chain loops made into the backs of the shells - sort of like Irish roses are made, with a row of petals, a row of chain loops behind the petals, then the next row of petals into those chain loops so the second row of petals sits behind and between the first row of petals.

The first (lower) set of shells are interesting in that they are 2 rows tall and made to tilt to the right.  Which makes me think it's a teensy bit odd that the second row of shells weren't designed to correspond and tilt to the left, but it is more interesting this way.

Sorry, none of this is a bit of help.  The only good thing is you haven't gotten very far, so if you can't find the pattern it won't be TOO painful to rip and find another pattern.