Bethiev1

Need help determining pattern

Question

My friends mother crocheted this beautiful Afghan but passed away before finishing and I’m trying to help her finish it but I can’t figure out what pattern this is. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Beth

3E0C14F7-BC16-43D9-B098-28030314B92A.jpeg

3 answers to this question

I dont recognize it but there are so many combination stitches out there. Can you pull out stitches and figure it out that way?

Posted (edited)

I had the same thought as Bgs to pull out a stitch and reverse-engineer it. 

There is a good source of stitch patterns here, but so many it might make you dizzy!  Go to 'stitionary' at the top menu.

https://newstitchaday.com/category/stitchionary/crochet-stitches/

It's very sweet of you to finish this for your friend.  A thought, if you can't find the pattern-finish it in a plain stitch, example rows of DC in the direction the pattern left off for half the distance to finish, then work from the chain edge in the other direction for the same distance, so the Mom's work is framed in the center.  Or make a wide border all the way around in a plain stitch to make it blanket sized.  Sort of like what archaeologists do to repair old temples - the repair fill-in of missing bits purposely contrasts in some way to the original.

Edited by Granny Square

Thank you!! That is a good idea! It's already rather large. If I can't figure it out I'll take out the last row and tie it off. I appreciate you taking the time to reply and I'll be sure to check out that link!

Beth