Hi and welcome to the 'ville!

I've been crocheting for decades and have never seen the word 'inclusion' as an instruction.  I'm having trouble imagining what it might mean.

I have, however, seen 'inc' mean 'increase' many, many times.  Are you sure that's not what is meant?  As in (usually) put 2 stitches into 1 stitch (sometimes more, but then it should say how many stitches into 1).

Well written patterns, if they use stitches beyond the most basic ones, will include a section in the pattern which defines the stitches used.  They can even give a name to their own made-up stitch, or sequence of stitches, and name it whatever they want (example, 'Mary', that you'll never see outside that pattern, so they can type 'Mary' instead of re-typing a long sequence over and over if it repeats in the pattern).  Does the pattern have a list of special stitches or terms that defines 'inc' or 'inclusion'?  

If the pattern is a free one that you can link to, if you are still in doubt you can post a link and hopefully we can help decipher it if you don't think it means increase.  Or, if not, it is OK to type in a couple of lines of a pattern here if it is a purchased pattern (it's just not OK to post the whole thing due to copyright laws)

I understand your doubt about INCL. It amazed me for quite a bit as well until I DID find several sources that referenced it...without any further explanation, of course. Here's is just one.

I appreciate all the good information you included with your reply. :)

INCL.jpg

Aha, interesting.  My guess is that it would be used like it would in a non-crochet context.  As in, 'do something from row 20 to row 42 inclusive', meaning rows between 20 and 42 and also including rows 20 and 42.