Fleece backing

Foxrocs

Question

2 answers to this question

Crochet stretches and fleece doesn't.  My personal opinion is crochet blankets don't need to be lined and it would ruin it and make it less versatile.  It would make more sense to make a second, unconnected coordinating fleece blanket or sheet with a cute print with a crochet border to go with the crochet blanket--really, would be almost the same amount of work if you were thinking of just connecting the lining at the edges, which is a bad idea because of the crochet stretches/fabric doesn't problem.  

If you must line it, I'd go with a tied quilting technique, using the blanket yarn with the loose ends on the fleece side, and tie close-ish (like every 4 inches, not just the edges but the blanket interior, like a fabric quilt) so the crochet wouldn't be able to stretch and sag, as it would if you only connected the edges of the crochet and fleece pieces.  Google 'how to tie a quilt' and there are a ton of tutorials and videos out there.

Thank you 

I made a zookeeper blanket my stitching still needs a lot of practice so best to line to tidy the back of the blanket.

i originally started a plain crochet back but due to the amount of color in the blanket it didn’t look good. I will try this technique tks😃