Crochet pants

Lindy Moran

Question

I have tried to crochet the American doll pants and cannot figure out what align legs, join with 6 single crochets, chain 1. If everything is supposed to start in the middle, where do the 6 single crochets go when everything else has been dc?

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville.  This section (Board Help) is for requesting help on navigating the forum and forum issues.   There is a section called Crochet Help for questions regarding crochet projects and you might get a better response there.

Can you share the name of the pattern and source--- the link if its a free pattern or purchased pattern from the internet or book /magazine that its printed in.  It helps if we can see more of the pattern and even though forum guidelines prohibit posting patterns in their entirety due to copyright violation you are allowed to post a few rows.  It would help for us to see a row or two prior and row following.  

What I think is happening is you put the two legs side by side and sc them together for 6 stitches.  This forms the crotch and brings you to center front of the pants where you ch 1 and will start dc again to form the top part of the pants.

Edited by bgs

Crochetville, Fancy Pants-18" doll...Image Intense

The wording confuses me. How do I put my first dc in the same stitch as the sc join?  Do I join the legs side by side or inner legs facing together. One said align the legs with the slit on the outside and then. I think I need a diagram or something. I really like how these look and have seen other crochet patterns that say the same thing??  

Your Torso rows begin and end at Centre Front.

T Row 1: Align the two legs and join with 6 sc, ch 1. Begin working in dc around the leg sections, Put the first dc in the same stitch as the sc join.

Your Torso rows begin and end at Centre Front.

T Row 1: Align the two legs and join with 6 sc, ch 1. Begin working in dc around the leg sections, Put the first dc in the same stitch as the sc join.

Ok this is the pattern in case others can explain it clearer.

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/122360-fancy-pants-18-doll-image-intense/

After you make both legs you have two tubes.  Lay them together side by side longways.  Put your hook through one of  the dc like you normally would and then put it through a dc on the other tube then make your sc.  Do this 5 more times.  This is attaching the tubes together for 6 stitches forming the part in pants where the legs join together or inner leg.  After doing the 6 sc, ch 1. Now make a dc in the 6th sc.  (This will look neater than doing the standard ch 3 to reach your height for that round.)  

Now you will be following the pattern working around the one tube until you meet the adjacent tube (which would be center back) at which point you keep working in pattern on the adjacent tube which will take you back to center front.

You could also sew the tubes together for 6 stitches (but many of us would rather crochet pieces together and keep going rather than sewing).  

Edited by bgs

Thank you for trying. I still don't understand where I start the 6 single crochets. The first direction in this pattern says,  Your Torso rows begin and end at Centre Front. So,  i am still confused as to where to start the single crochet, chain one and then be able to be in the middle, starting with the first single crochet and be in the centre front?

I did this real quick with a larger hook and didnt count stitches in leg.  When I got to the join on the second leg I switched to red thread and made the 6 sc.20190512_210256.thumb.jpg.f4b38f011e1b2d9a383676391f0b80ef.jpg

This the ch1 dc in 6th sc 

20190512_213730.thumb.jpg.546d291b0d384ed815cc48697beaef53.jpg

Then you start working around like this.  I just did dc and not the stitch sequence with the increases as in the pattern

20190512_213914.thumb.jpg.b0678323448c5362b3ff4d576d98f249.jpg

Edited by bgs