AMPR0308

Doing single stitches in graphgans

Question

I'm working on a graphgan of the UK Wildcats logo. At the bottom, its foot has claws that are made of single black stitches surrounded by white or brown stitches. I can't get it to look right. It just looks like a big blobby mess. (I've attached pictures so you can see). How can I make it look better? I've seen graphgans where there are single stitches that are clear but I can't figure out how to do it. Any suggestions? 

20190504_120630.jpg

20190504_120637.jpg

2 answers to this question

I've not tried this, but at tapestrycrochet.com, there's a video 'flat tapestry crochet' (scroll down a little from the top of the page).  She shows 2 methods, working left handed every other row is the first half, second half is sort of like purling if you are a knitter.

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

I've not tried this, but at tapestrycrochet.com, there's a video 'flat tapestry crochet' (scroll down a little from the top of the page).  She shows 2 methods, working left handed every other row is the first half, second half is sort of like purling if you are a knitter.

Thank you, I'll take a look at it!