Sleeve attachment unclear on V-Neck Cardigan

myemerald

Question

Hello,

I'm working on Yarnspiration's Caron Adult's Crochet V-Neck Cardigan.

This is all it says for attaching the sleeves:

"Sew in sleeves, placing rows above markers along unworked sts of Front and Back to form square armholes. Sew side and sleeve seams."

I can't figure out what that means - "placing rows above markers along unworked sts".  Also, the top edge of the sleeves aren't as large as the armhole area, so I guess I have to stretch to make it fit.  I'm not quite sure how to work around the corners. 🤔

I'm so happy with how this is turning out, and I could sure use some help in finishing up.  Thank you in advance!!

Linda

3 answers to this question

First sew the shoulder seams if you haven't already. 

I've highlighted the parts that will be matched together.  The red notch at the top middle of the sleeve goes at the top of the shoulder seam, and the little blue lines are areas of the underarm (square armholes) that will match together.

Note that it tells you to not seam anything but the shoulder seam before you do this, which is the much easier way to do sleeves.  Sewing the sides of the sweater, and the sleeve underarm, and then insetting the round sleeve in the round hole is do-able but a royal pain compared to doing it flat.

So after the shoulder seam, sew the sleeve cap to the armhole, then 1 long seam on each side, sleeve cuff to sweater hem.  

sleeve.jpg

Archived