katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

17 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Some joanns locations are still open with online order/curbside pick up so we can get yarn , thread, fabric, etc. 

I sewed two face masks. The first one fit me but was  too small for dh so I sewed a larger one for him this morning. It may not do much to help but wearing it along with social distancing while at Publix will certainly not hurt anyone.

Which pattern are you trying?  I have printed off a couple of styles.  Looking to see what I have fabric wise.  Most of what I have is a cotton poly blend.  I did dig out a couple of my large cotton handkerchiefs and tried the following.  Its not too bad.

http://blog.japanesecreations.com/no-sew-face-mask-with-handkerchief-and-hair-tie

Hello

I slept in until 5:10 this morning, I think that's the latest I've slept in 3 weeks. I took care of some paperwork stuff, did laundry and helped my dad wash my car and his truck. I'm sewing some more mask for my daughter who is a nurse and family members just in case we have to go out, we've done really good about staying home and I don't really want to go out and about. 

Hope you all are enjoying the day.

quick fly by hello

4 hours ago, ratdog said:

Some joanns locations are still open with online order/curbside pick up so we can get yarn , thread, fabric, etc. 

I sewed two face masks. The first one fit me but was  too small for dh so I sewed a larger one for him this morning. It may not do much to help but wearing it along with social distancing while at Publix will certainly not hurt anyone.

No it will not hurt. Some are putting coffee filter between two layers of fabric in that mask. I guess those filters are removable & disposable so that mask can be washed.

Krys.

Posted (edited)

With the masks I made maybe you could pin a coffee filter  inside it against your face. But the two layers of fabric are sewn all the way around.

They are machine washable. DH wore his out today to cvs. Sprayed it with lysol and hung it up when he got home. Will wash it in the next load of laundry.

Getting ready to watch the mass live stream on facebook.

Edited by ratdog

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

With the masks I made maybe you could pin a coffee filter  inside it against your face. But the two layers of fabric are sewn all the way around.

That will work too. Some other people using towel paper (folded) instead of coffee filters.

If I would be sewing those masks I think I would use white color fabric. So that can be wash in hot water & some Clorox (we do know what Clorox can do to colors).  That is my opinion only.

Krys

I just wonder what he is thinking wearing that..?? LOL

image.thumb.png.1ab0142d70c7731372dbed7f02f6f1fd.png

3 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

I just wonder what he is thinking wearing that..?? LOL

image.thumb.png.1ab0142d70c7731372dbed7f02f6f1fd.png

Just wait til I get to their toilet paper!

• Like 1

Just popping to say Hello.

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to say hi. And let you know all is well and with me and my family. Stay safe.

Good evening ! Do well here. Just staying home., It's not a problem for me.

Good evening all!

Spent today sewing 4 masks. Will take them to the post office tomprrow and send them overnight mail to my boys in Orlando.

They are staying put so they will not be home for Easter. For the first time in over 2 decades they will not get Easter Baskets. 

What a strange time this is. No easter baskets, no sunrise mass together, no breakfast out on Sunday. Strange.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ratdog said:

Good evening all!

Spent today sewing 4 masks. Will take them to the post office tomprrow and send them overnight mail to my boys in Orlando.

They are staying put so they will not be home for Easter. For the first time in over 2 decades they will not get Easter Baskets. 

What a strange time this is. No easter baskets, no sunrise mass together, no breakfast out on Sunday. Strange.

At least they will get Masks for Easter made by Mom!

Easter this year will not be the same for anyone! :(

If we will live thru all of that we will remember that for the rest of our life's!!! :(

I just hope that we will not ruin our economy with all of that. That would be horrible!!. Maybe going thru another Depression ..?:(.  Almost all our economy is "put on hold" and we are spending trillions of dollars...that we do not really have, we were in debt before that C-virus came here.

That will all depend how long people will need to stay away from work, at home. I do not even want to think about that...what might happen after that virus "goes away". It that thing ever goes away..? :(

Hopefully very soon they will find a medication that will work. That is the only thing what will help us. 

Happy Easter to Everyone! We all need to make the best of it..

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

Did you hear on the News yesterday: Tiger at the Zoo got Corona Virus! :(. He got that from Zoo worker the guy who was taking care of him. That guy is sick with that virus too. Poor Tiger! :(.

I think what that means that out pets can get that virus too :(

Krys

Found this in the closet today. The artist, 4 at the time , just turned 22 last week.

1586187449997757535212.jpg

• Like 1

wow, how special 

Posted (edited)

I've been crocheting like it's going out of style!! In the past two weeks, I've made 17 little thread butterflies, 16 yarn can cozies, 3 Chemo Hats, 2 Flower earrings, 3  thread Granny Square bookmarks, 5 lacy thread bookmarks, 5 lip balm key chains, 1 ponytail hat, 2 slouchy hats, 3 baby hats, 4 cobweb catchers, and put thread lace edgings on 3 pairs of gloves!!  These will be sold at our yearly Craft Shows in November and December.  (I HOPE!!!)  I keep thinking:  "That's enough, girl!!"  Then my fingers get to itching again--and there I go, making something else!!!  (HELP ME!!!  :2eek  I CAN'T STOP!!!!) Maybe I can get some afghans done for the Veterans and some prayers shawls for our local Hospice, now!!   The funny thing is, I've been retired for years now, and I've never been this "obsessed" before!!!  I think I must have the feeling that I CAN'T get outside now, so I HAVE to do SOMETHING!!!  (My hubby and I get out almost every day and ride down to the river, and about town, so it isn't like we're locked in!!!)   :shrug

Edited by Avon Lady
to correct spelling
  • Like 2

Good for you for getting so much done!!!

21 minutes ago, Avon Lady said:

I've been crocheting like it's going out of style!! In the past two weeks, I've made 17 little thread butterflies, 16 yarn can cozies, 3 Chemo Hats, 2 Flower earrings, 3  thread Granny Square bookmarks, 5 lacy thread bookmarks, 5 lip balm key chains, 1 ponytail hat, 2 slouchy hats, 3 baby hats, 4 cobweb catchers, and put thread lace edgings on 3 pairs of gloves!!  

😄 .... and a partridge in a pear tree!

Awesome job!

2 minutes ago, ratdog said:

😄 .... and a partridge in a pear tree!

Awesome job!

Hey!!!  I never thought of THAT!!!!!  Now....to find a pattern...….:P

I think the remote teaching is starting to get a little easier. I didn't have any anxiety attacks today. Walmart delivered groceries today with only a couple of things missing because they were out of stock. I just finished dinner and I think I might do a little sewing or crocheting.  

Have a nice evening.

good morning everyone

stay safe

Quick fly by to say Hi!