katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

7 hours ago, bgs said:

I agree with that shirt! I am much better at hoarding yarn than crocheting it.

I think many of us are that way. Few weeks ago I just needed 3 balls of sport weight yarn  (different color each) for an appliques. So after looking at all those different colors there I started picking more & more..Than there was an offer on FREE shipping so I added more of that yarn to my cart. On the end instead of just buying what I really needed, that would amount to with shipping about 12 Bucks. I bought big box of that yarn for a total = 98 Bucks! LOL. I for sure do NOT need more yarn in my house!  Specially now, I do not crochet much, I lost interest in it LOL. I prefer to make wreaths...:). I guess I still like to buy yarn...

Anyone here see anything wrong  with my behavior??? :rofl

Krys

On 3/30/2020 at 7:24 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Today we have the bug guys for the lawn coming today and our handyman is coming today.  Company WOW!.  I can at least sit here and watch people.

I hope everything went well as you planned and you had a great time with your company! LOL

Krys

Lea are you sure that is a male cat?  Maybe she is getting a nest ready.:rofl

A little cloudy today and quite cool.  We went from almost 90 to 65.  It will be in the low 70's during the day an high 60's at night.  Wow what a change.

Hoping to change over the table and tree today.  We shall see.

Off to make breakfast.

good morning

wow,a new month,to me the days seem to drag,it seems like it should be later in the week,and I find myself saying its only Tuesday ?

please stay safe everyone

1 hour ago, pineknott said:

good morning

wow,a new month,to me the days seem to drag,it seems like it should be later in the week,and I find myself saying its only Tuesday ?

please stay safe everyone

Your in luck Lyn.... its Wednesday.... :)

My Ami version of Our Lady of Lourdes. With the world's tiniest Rosary!

I hope to go to Lourdes someday. Been talking about it for two years but things keep getting in the way!

IMG_20200401_090943701.jpg

1585754515079429969738.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

So I have a cat who has been going into the craft room all day and grabbing balls of yarn and dragging them into a pile behind the rocker like he just caught a mouse... he has been meowing his head off in victory.... last was an orange cotton.... he is so proud of himself!

Lea maybe your Kitty is trying to place an order for few crochet  Kitty Balls? LOL

Krys

DSC01194.JPG

Edited by USpolishgirl
  • Like 1

Ratdog, that is so awesome Lenten crochet!   Krys, is there a pattern... although the Shepherd would probably just chew it to bits.... he will do anything to annoy the cat and  visa versa...its like watching Tom and Jerry!

o:claph big newsFlorida is now on statewide lockdown!!thank goodness, but lets hopeits not to late huh  i hope my state follows suit and soon :ty 

7 hours ago, ratdog said:

My Ami version of Our Lady of Lourdes. With the world's tiniest Rosary!

I hope to go to Lourdes someday. Been talking about it for two years but things keep getting in the way!

IMG_20200401_090943701.jpg

1585754515079429969738.jpg

Love this stuff and hope that soon you get to Lourdes.

Yeah they shut the state down, but last week they had State Troopers at the border to check licenses to make sure the people coming in lived here.  They are willing to take the people off the ship, if they live here.  So we have really been shut down for a while.

Oh our Governor and his beautiful wife had a little girl the other day.  They had a family picture, him, his wife and the 3 kids.  2 Girls and 1 boy.  Just a nice note in all this.

Yesterday was busy with work and my granddaughter and I never made it here to say hello. My granddaughter wasn't here today but I started working at 6:30 this morning and didn't stop until 5:30 this evening and there is more I could do but I'm too tired and the work will still be there tomorrow. I spent part of the day just getting myself better organized for my new teaching style. The online teaching program is working better and I've been able to do video conferences with my students for 2 days now. I turned on the news a few minutes ago and its depressing, I need to change the channel and do some crocheting. I hope you all enjoy your evening.

3 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Krys, is there a pattern... although the Shepherd would probably just chew it to bits..

Lea I do not have pattern for any of that, I just made them. Those are just plain balls about 1,5" in diam. I started with 6sc in magic circle, keep on increasing 6sc in each row until you get to about 1,5" in diam. Than crochet couple rows even. After that start decreasing the same way you were increasing. Teach your dogie to stay away from Kitty toys! LOL

I am sure your kitty would love that. I bought for my daughter spray catnip and that works great :). 

Krys

Something to bring a smile to your day 😃

pictures from FB

POOP Toilet paper TP 1.jpg

POOP Toilet Paper TP 2.jpg

• Haha 1

oh my, love it, that is so appropriate

hi all  hows it going everyone? rather overcast today, but not raining yet so i can handle it lol  

dont have any project going, just biding time lol  daughter is back at work as of Monday, and doing fine, hubbystill has about a week more to go before he feels 100% again    

we are looking at the store tomorrow for groceries, so the masks wil lget used  best thing about them they are washable, handy used his this am to go to the Rotella bread store, and said everyonethere ws wearing masks, so, there ya go.. when he got in, he threw his in the sink. hot water and a bit of chlorox , and hung to dry so it is clean for tomorrows outing our ham last night was delish, and the gravy even turned out excellent  with gravy sometimes, its hit or miss, lol  this was a hit  lol   daughters boss's wife conducts a sewing circle i guess and her and her people, made all daughters people masks, worked on them really hard, and they

are nice too..I think i will go and find something to do, i never have the tv on in the day cause it distracts me from doing other things lol  handy has the living room one on though unless hes not here    all for now, stay in, stay safe, take care       

• Like 1

bad news everyone  sorry to be the bearer of this particular news, i just read on ravelry, that Pam, our lady in Louisiana we all sent/ send squares to, has passed away  she will be remembered for her giving spirit, and her undying devotion to the cause  rest in peace, my friend, gone, but not forgotten  all our condolences to her family      

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

bad news everyone  sorry to be the bearer of this particular news, i just read on ravelry, that Pam, our lady in Louisiana we all sent/ send squares to, has passed away  she will be remembered for her giving spirit, and her undying devotion to the cause  rest in peace, my friend, gone, but not forgotten  all our condolences to her family      

Katy I saw this last night and was just crushed.  Also just heard from my friend that lives nearby her son went to ER mon and is waiting results on covid 19 testing.  He works on equipment at VA. His family had visited with his mil who is a PA at Mayo clinic a couple of weeks ago and she has since tested positive.  Even though they most likely will be okay the huge worry is who all did they infect before symptoms appeared.  And this had a good tip on how to handle bringing groceries home.

https://www.sunset.com/lifestyle/wellness/grocery-shopping-quarantine-covid-19

Article points out most tp is not being hoarded.

https://marker-medium-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/marker.medium.com/amp/p/c812e1358fe0?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fmarker.medium.com%2Fwhat-everyones-getting-wrong-about-the-toilet-paper-shortage-c812e1358fe0

Edited by bgs

good morning

stay safe everyone

Good Morning.  Up at 6 to put the trash out, went back to bed and got up about 8:30.

Saw my neighbor putting out new mulch.  He said he is bored and does not even want to do that.  Across the street they got new sod delivered and down the street they are getting work done.  They close down Hobby Lobby, but keep open Home Depot, Lowes and Ace Hardware,  Go figure.

Well off to make breakfast.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.  Up at 6 to put the trash out, went back to bed and got up about 8:30.

Saw my neighbor putting out new mulch.  He said he is bored and does not even want to do that.  Across the street they got new sod delivered and down the street they are getting work done.  They close down Hobby Lobby, but keep open Home Depot, Lowes and Ace Hardware,  Go figure.

Well off to make breakfast.

I can see the hardware stores being open----I have spent emergency time in plumbing aisle.  Just saw Hobby Lobby Michaels and JoAnns are still open here.  I sort of thought they would be closed.  

Edited by bgs

Posted (edited)

I CAN understand why they closing Hobby Lobby and keeping open Home depot and other stores like that. Hobby Lobby it is a "Hobby" store. It is not essential for people to survive. No one will get hurt if they do not get more yarn, silk flowers or stickers and on.. LOL. Just a place with bunch of people inside looking around and infecting each other with that deadly virus. 

Stores like Home Depot & others like that are very important to our existence. Our homes & appliances need constant repairs or replacements. Some can wait and others can not. Usually repair guys are going to Home Depot  to buy parts & more...before they can fix anything. For instance: It would not be very funny if a window would break and we could not buy a  piece of plywood to put on temporary until that window can be fix. Or to buy a sump pump for flooded basements and on and on...

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

Posted (edited)

being invested in repairs as handy is, i can verify many trips to a hardware place for parts and such but not any yarn or hook  emergencies foreseen in my immediate future  lol unless they invent a new drain cleaner called modpodge or redheart..lol  

Its really a rock, or a hard place, health vs. economy, i chose health at this time   

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

i too bgs was shocked by the news about Pam, I was literally speechless for a while after reading it..

I dont know her age, but i do know she had a caring and generous soul and I wish for her family all the best going forward ..

overcast today had a call from my ins. to check how we are, she was surprised to here we didnt have a lock down, but we have enacted our own stay at home stay well policy till if and when our state wises up and enacts one most people i know have been following that plan

so people stay in stay well, catch you later!! 

I will say this I can see supporting Hardware over yarn however I still can't wrap my head around what is deemed "essential" vs non-essential.  For instance liquor and pot (not medical but all pot shops as pot is legal in this state) are open because they are deemed necessary.  The local paper had an article to explain the reasoning because people were a little "upset" that some stores they wanted to visit were closed but the local weed store was open.  It was explained in the paper that liquor and pot were deemed "essential" because the state didn't want to create a black market for the products.

So clearly essential isn't as clear as what you need to keep your home maintained or your family fed.  Sometimes it is what the state doesn't want people finding alternative methods of getting.  So our problem is we don't have a black market yarn problem when we are asked to stay home.:lol