katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Good Morning.  When I moved down here, yeah it was a shock to see beer and wine in the grocery store.  We also laughed when Walmart opened the grocery store in with the regular store.  My how things have changed since I grew up in the 50"s & 60's.

Today we have the bug guys for the lawn coming today and our handyman is coming today.  Company WOW!.  I can at least sit here and watch people.

They had a commercial free concert last night on FOX.  I missed it, but I heard it was really, really, good.

Well, off to make breakfast.

Have a good day.

Good Morning! I have an appointment at 10:30 then home for the rest of the day. Getting ready to give up on the jigsaw puzzle amd switch back to crochet or get out my coloring books (have several but only have colored in one).

good morning everyone

yesterday we saw temps near 90,today in the 60's

stay safe

well,now we are under the stay at home order.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

They had a commercial free concert last night on FOX.  I missed it, but I heard it was really, really, good.

I watch part of  that concert. I am not crazy how those "artists" singing now.  There was a doctor who sing beautifully! :). He probably will get a lot of offers... I do miss Dean Martin, Sinatra. Those guys could sing!!! :). Right now the way they sing I think almost everyone if they would try just a little could call them self a "singer-artist" LOL. 

Right now there is very little commercials on FOX-News. Probably only 1/3 what use to be. Yesterday something very funny happened and that made my day!. There was one TP commercial but they cut the end of that (for a very obvious reason)  It is like they need more costumers to buy that LOL 

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

that is so nice bgs, and for the record, im a browser, lol  handy is the shop and grabber, heads straight for the meats, before someones buys them all out lol I like to look around and i do the produce aisle, stopping to drool  at the deli, and bakery lol    but we compromise, usually meet up in the cat food aisle, or canned goods, or frozen food aisles lol  then after that lol   when necessary lol  

our one neighbor across the street had her daughters kids bring over a store bag ad just hang it on the door and leave  they did a good job of no contact  inside was some fruit, some toilet paper, and that too was unexpected  we washed the fruit, and i lysol sprayed the t paper so it is ok  that was nice too, with a note inside, that he daughter and  grand kids will do whatever we might need done, in the way of shopping or scripts and such and left a phone number  so that was nice  another neighbor asked to borrow some flour as they didnt have any left last time they shopped, luckily i had plenty so  handy left it on his deck ,  he is taken care of, and the circle of kindness continues to him now to help someone i guess  His random act will be placing our trash cans out tomorrow if handy hasn't already got it done lol  or do a lady down the streets i know he helps out that way too  so it continues on my friends  so the baton will be passed  

had a good supper last night, i call it camper stew, as we made it when we camped , handy calls it hobo stew because when he was small, he came across a hobo once on his biking adventures, and this hobo guy was so kind to this curious little kid, he was making this on an outside grill, and made him one, and handy says he thanked Zeek, as was his name, and they sort of came waving passing type friends till one day Zeek must have pulled out

on midnight train, without even a goodbye, and he was crushed, but then there on the ground, by the old grate he  had put over the fire, a store bag, with a bag of marsh mellows in it, and a note from Zeek, written on an old envelope back, Zeek wrote he wished he had been able to say goodbye, but the old train whistle tugged at his heart,

and a traveling man, well he gots to travel  thanks for being my friend, till we met again,

your friend,

Zeke  

in,

old Zeeks hobo stew 

, make a couple single burgers, place one each on a piece of foil, 

more than one if you both want one, lol  put it in a sheet of foil,  add to the foil on top of the burger, chopped taters, cut carrots, even vegies left over like  green beans or corn,  and always onion and peppers, and a little butter and garlic  fold the foil tight over the contents,  crimp the ends tightly,put in the oven about 350 - 400 guess as im not sure what temp he  used and 

in about well less than an hour actually, you take out the pouches and open them on your dinner plate, and wala, a whole meal hot and filling and all in one place!! It is always good      and if you are real careful not many dishes either lol tonight i dunno lol  we'll figure out something lol  we have a smallish chest freezer, for meat and our bread  and are relatively sure, since all our lines are underground here, that the electricity wont go out so we keep it stocked most of the time if we can  i can only remember twice in the time we have been here, almost 12 years now, that it went out, at the substation and only for 10 minutes once and a half hour the other time so  dot dot dot crossing my fingers XXXXX

well im off i guess, hope you are are well, nice to see you sandra and Chris, and avon too  see ya soon stay well, stay in, stay calm  lol  

Hello Everyone. 

This online teaching stuff stinks! The system crashed this morning, by the time it was up and running again it was the middle of the day. So I don't know if my students were able to access any of the activities and we didn't have our video conference. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I'm exhausted just from the stress of trying to figure it all out. I think I'm going to crochet for a little while.

Enjoy your evening and stay safe.

So sorry that happened cshort.  I think part of the problem is so many people using the internet now that we are all home.  I have trouble on and off all day.

I just saw, they arrested a preacher in Tampa, cause he help 2 packed services yesterday.  We are not suppose to go to church, so he went against the laws that are in place for notw.

I called my hairdresser to cancel my haircut Saturday and they are closed till further notice.

We called the Dr. to move our appointment for Thursday and the nurse told DH we can come, as they are not allowing sick people to come in.:think  So we will go in at 8 AM on Thursday.  This is just a check-up.

I just went out to get the mail and a couple was walking by with 3 little girls.  I stood at the top of my driveway waiting for them to pass.  The Dad said they have been walking for 30 minutes and only went 1/2 a block.  I laughed and said they looked like they were having fun.

We are now on the phone with the insurance company, because they did not pay for the blood test strips.  One group says the insurance company is trying to contact us, but can't, yet the insurance company says they never got it.  So they are now talking to each other and we are on hold.:bang

Cshort hope tomorrow goes better.  It took pastor 3 times to get his sermon going on fb Sun.  You are not alone in your struggle and I am sure systems are overwhelmed right now.  I got an email from a company that was doing a teleconference last Wed saying they were sorry to those that couldnt get in.  They had never had problems in the past but also never had so many people trying to participate.  

Mary Jo dealing with insurance is so frustrating.  I imagine sis is going to have all kinds of problems with hers after all this.

I went to Aldi today.  Forgot to check out toilet paper but they had meat, produce, milk, eggs bread.  They looked pretty well stocked.  I picked up things niece needed too.  I made a point to thank the two cashiers for being there.

Niece had to dash out this morning to find more ostomy supplies.  She talked with wound care nurse at hospital this morning who thought it sounded like we were on the right track. Then she spoke with someone else with company she has been dealing with for supplies.  After explaining what was happening this person said we needed to be using a completely different set up and would be sending samples.  

in part our stay at home order was caused by the outrageous numbers of people at the beaches this weekend

thanks you inconsiderate people

Good Morning.  Up early.

Brenda, sounds like you and your niece are doing a great job.  Good news on the supplies.

pineknott did you hear bout the 21 year old who went on Spring Break and when he came home Dad would not let him in the house.  He was told before he went this would happen and went anyway.

I have not been watching the news, as it is all the same.  Yesterday I happen to turn on the new and there was the My Pillow Guy and a lot of other CEO's who have changed over from what they normally do and helping to make things needed.  It is amazing to see these large companies help out.  The Walmart CEO was on this morning and saying what is going on in their stores and how they are helping the people working there.

So they are promising some rain, sparatic rain or no rain.  Boy could we use some.

Have a good day and I hope the internet stays up for you Cshort.

good morning

no,I hadn't heard  of that,don't blame the family

we got shut down here,in part due to all the people who flocked to the ocean front this weekend,ours in effect till June 7th

stay safe everyone

Home today, again. I doubt I will be working next week but will call later today and check in.

Today is my younger sons birthday. 22! Where did all that time go?

I plan on making an ami today. Got all the stuff together yesterday but then turned on the tv and got lazy. So I am posting it so I have to hold myself accountable! (In theory).

Schools now closed until june 1.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Yesterday I happen to turn on the new and there was the My Pillow Guy and a lot of other CEO's who have changed over from what they normally do and helping to make things needed.  It is amazing to see these large companies help out

In that case It is a double WIN ( good for our country & good for him). He is not only helping out country, but helping himself at the same time.  First of all not many people are even interested of buying new pillows right now, many do not have money for that. Almost all of us have a lot of bigger problems & needs than new pillows.  He would  had to let go of a lot of his workers now if would not be for the changes he made. He will get pay for all of that :). Nothing better than to keep your business going & keep on making money..I seen him on TV couple days ago, he said he got a BIG stock pile of those pillows, so he is not worry he will run out.

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

Posted (edited)

I've been fascinated to hear the different projects companies are taking on outside their traditional production lines.  I remembering reading stuff like this happening during WWII, but nothing like it since.  It is good for the country, the companies who are able to keep functioning when many of their other product lines aren't selling right now, and especially good for employees who will continue to get paid and any beni's that the companies provide.  Who knows it may also provide new innovations and inventions for making things we need with new minds in the market with time on their hands.  It may change our ability to produce things here for the future.

Jockey was talking about making parachutes during WWII and I suspect there wasn't a huge market for that in post WWII.  However, there will still be a need for medical wear in post COVID so perhaps that is a market that they can continue to work in past this disaster.  Perhaps not, but I'm looking for positive things that can come from this nightmare.

Edited by Bailey4
  • Thanks 1

Face it, even if it is more expensive, we need to bring essential manufacturing back to the USA. Permenantly!

• Like 1

I was on either FB or Yahoo this morning and someone had a video of their neighbor.  Now they are on lock down and the neighbor had, had enough.  So they made a complete suit out of leaves and wore it outside.  He would walk and then crouch down like a bush.  It was really funny.  

Posted (edited)

This my friends IS the new normal. whether we like it or noot

so onto a new note, went through some things today, just organized them, and read that a lot of the yarn mills are locked down so now get ready for a yarn shortage as well  i guess.. t hats it for me today   till later, stay in, stay well is the motto of the day? week? month? chose your answer lol  

Edited by katyallen8090

17 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

This my friends IS the new normal. whether we like it or noot

so onto a new note, went through some things today, just organized them, and read that a lot of the yarn mills are locked down so now get ready for a yarn shortage as well  i guess.. t hats it for me today   till later, stay in, stay well is the motto of the day? week? month? chose your answer lol  

Hey I started hoarding yarn way before toilet paper hoarding became popular so I am good to go.......... 

• Like 1

Looks like my hours at the preschool next week will be cancelled. 

Working on my ami. Just a few details to finish up.

I saw a t-shirt the other day that said "Hoarding yarn and Crocheting are two Different Hobbies":rofl

3 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

I saw a t-shirt the other day that said "Hoarding yarn and Crocheting are two Different Hobbies":rofl

I agree with that shirt! I am much better at hoarding yarn than crocheting it.

What a day... Dh started a job at the VFW in VA it is closed because it is non essential, we live only 20 minutes from VA so they all figured it would be a good time to do it.....well, on hisa way in today they said they got a text saying NO one can be in the building until June or when the order for VA is lifted... he came home so mad he is not one to let it go, and about once an hour he fumed for about 5 minutes about it...

I made him a nice dinner and a couple stiff ones and stuck him in bed for the night..told him he better get a hobby or I was moving to the camper for the next 3 months!

Ratdog, worked on an ami here today too

So I have a cat who has been going into the craft room all day and grabbing balls of yarn and dragging them into a pile behind the rocker like he just caught a mouse... he has been meowing his head off in victory.... last was an orange cotton.... he is so proud of himself!

Off to perhaps do a cross word puzzle and tuck in for the night...

Be safe

9 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

mills are locked down so now get ready for a yarn shortage as well  i guess

When it comes to yarn, I think I am good at least for 10 more years!, maybe 20? LOL

Krys