katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

It should be a Baby Pegasus  by the end of the day. I need to get the correct blue yarn for the mane and tail after my appointment today. Fortunately our Joanns is still open.

1584619627509-1797884190.jpg

good morning,just checking in

Ratdog can't wait to see it put all together.

I did not venture out.  Not up to par, so thought I would stay home and have the groceries delivered.  Got lucky and got a shopper I have had before.

It funny mundane things seem to be emphasized.  I had to add water to the pool and it seems like, I don't know, stupid, but necessary.  

They closed Clearwater Beach yesterday.  Some of the other are being patrolled by police and no more than 10 per group and a good distance at that.  

We got a call from the Pharmacy yesterday as DH is in the donut hole and one of his prescriptions has gone up.  The government wants to do something, get rid of the donut hole during this mess.  I mean going from $125 for 90 days to $200 or more, depending on the prescription, is ridiculous.  Help the Seniors in this way.

I just got an e-mail from Uber saying they are giving free meals to Hospital workers and First Responders.  This is great, as they do not have the choice of staying home.

Checked in with niece and she said they had a good night.  Much better than in hospital.   Told her let me know if I need to come but she thought they would be ok today.  

Its been raining and is warm and humid out.  70's today and down to 32 tomorrow.  

Daughters office is still open but she is working from home, as her temp was over 98.6.. told to isolate and work from home, since she can till her temp is normal    

handy and i are sheltering in place too, as both her and hubby were over on sunday for my bday celebration.. she went to doc, and they advised she didnt get a test just now, but told to shelter t home for a few more days, as she is not sure if a co-workers sister thought she had  it but tested negative  she was not in any direct contact with either so she is a home worker for a while   she does not  mind, cept Pixel, her kitty, thinks its a snow day mama,s home and pesters her lo

pieces!!

we cant get masks here, nor tests, nor anything here it seems so handy devised our own masks, if  we we have to go out to the store, or he does, he wont let me,lol  take a new un-used coffee filter, or two place  over face, nose sotch tape if needed, one place on each cheek and or around nose if necessary  not pretty, but might work!!!l they recommend a bandanna if you have no mask, but handy said no to that, he might get shot as a bandito if he walked in with that on lol   especially if he wore a hoody too!!

Bright side, for now anyway, our pets cant get it, right   

and there may be a drug or two, already used for another sickness, that might kill this, we dont know yet, testing is being done as we type  

so, hope is still alive folks, lets all buck up and rally we are, after all, Americans!!!The sky sin,t really falling, just seems like it sometimes    

Hello

Brenda I'm glad your sister had a good night.

Katy I hope all is well for your daughter. My working from home challenge will be the days I have my 3 year old granddaughter but I'm sure I'll figure it all out. 

I've been to 3 stores today but I think I'm set for at least a week or two with food. 

My daughter just sent me a text that there are groups of people dressed in lab coats and masks knocking on doors saying they are from the CDC and want to talk about the coronavirus and test for it. Once they are in your house they rob you. Please be careful everyone. 

I just finished eating a late lunch and now I need to go separate the meat and chicken that I bought this morning so I can put it in the freezer.

I hope you all are having an enjoyable day.

Still alive, not coughing, have food, have toilet paper, crocheting...

Hope all is the same

All is well here to.

Just staying home and doing what I normally do.

i pray everyone is doing well.

6 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

we cant get masks here, nor tests

I do not think anyone can buy that mask "N-95" or any mask. They are sold out of all of them. BUT bandanna?? LOL. That bandanna probably would keep your nose little warmer in cold weather. I did not seen tests available here either. There must be tens of thousands  or even more people infected here in US. They just do not know because they did not test all those sick people who should been tested.  Same thing is with those who died already. All of them went under different "cause of death" like: flu, heart attack maybe just old age and on....

There is even shortage on Clorox, Rubbing alcohol even Baby wipes.

Krys

My daughters church has a call out for people to make masks that can be used for hospice patients,this is from a chaplain that works with hospice patients

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pineknott said:

My daughters church has a call out for people to make masks that can be used for hospice patients,this is from a chaplain that works with hospice patients

O Boy!, If that chaplain thinks those homemade masks will protect those people from Coronavirus someone needs to educate him that is not right! :(. I guess even Chaplain can give wrong information's. Not even surgical masks will work on that virus.

Maybe it is not warm enough in that place?, that is why he is saying that. He wants to keep their faces warmer??. I know that is crazy..

Krys

PS: I was thinking..maybe that Chaplain knows very well that would not help. That just maybe he dos not want those sick people there to worry about that. And for them to belive that will work. That would not be bad idea, less stress is always better. 

Edited by USpolishgirl

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Still alive, not coughing, have food, have toilet paper, crocheting...

Hope all is the same

As long as you got toilet paper you are doing just fine! LOL.

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

image.thumb.png.a39d4941318047457fc00496268c67cd.png

Krys, thanks for a laugh on this morning when I woke up way too early.

• Like 1

Thanks for the chuckles guys.  Up at 4 this morning, put the trash out then sat down to work on my afghan.  Fell asleep sitting up.

With the pollen count so high, my nose is constantly stuffed, so it is some relief when I can sit up.  No rain in our future either.  What is nice, even though we are up in the 80's, 89 yesterday, there is no humidity, so it is nice.

I saw a pair of earrings that looked like rolls of toilet paper.  I thought it was funny.  It is getting out of hand.

Got an e-mail from Michael's this morning.  You can place and order, get an e-mail with a number on it.  Call them and go pick it up.  They will come to you car, put it in the trunk.  That is a nice feature, plus they have a big sale on some things.

Lea, glad to hear you are no longer coughing.  As long as you have crocheting and food, you will be fine.

Sorry, but the idiot Spring Breakers are still coming down.  One girl said, they are still partying, as that is all there is to do since they closed the beaches.  These are college students, haven't their brains moved up yet?

Well, I am off to make breakfast and answer some e-mails.

Have a good day and stay safe.

good morning,checking in

Love the crochet ratdog...I need to post a pic of  my Baby Yoda......

still not coughing( except from pine pollen), still have food, shipment of wine just came in, I have yarn....

All is well

Posted (edited)

we are still ok too pineknot, glad to see your still checking in 

rained a lot last night, rattled the rafters with wind, this am tuned into a bit of snow  March's last hurrah?? lol  

Still no t paper to be had, nor masks, nor tests, not any guidance or anything  did you hear California , all of it is on total lock down  sheesh  then i read on a news thing fro the cdc, corona is now taking younger folk  as well, 40  per cent that need to be hospitalize,d are 30 something to 55  

Edited by katyallen8090

but besides that daughter is home no doubt ftill next week her temp seems back to normal, or almost   Bgs, hope all is well with you and yours now, hope everyone is taking care of each other  Good to see sanndra too, was worrying about you as well Thanks for the eye candy lea, and ratdog, cute projects..i just am at a standstill right now with everything it seems, but try not to dwell on the bad parts, but honestly, its all bad  only gonna get worse people, strap in, we are in for a very turbulant wild ride me thinks 

Hello

Ratdog the pegasus is adorable.

Not much news here. Just keeping busy with my little princess.

Hope you all have a good evening.

Love the Pegasus.  That is just adorable.