katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

She is adorable! Love how tiny she is in that car seat. She will grow fast enough. Congratulations to the family!

good morning

we haven't seen flake one this winter,that may change,Thursday into Friday,we could get a dusting to 6 inches

way to cover their bases,thought it strange when I saw snow shovels at Harris Teeter two days ago

I'm not holding out for snow,we've been teased with that before,and got zilch,nada

enjoy your day

Good afternoon !

Yes, we are in the same for Friday to getting some snow maybe start tomorrow. I have no where to go so if it does then I'll be home inside and warm. It won't stick it's been pretty nice out.

Beautiful picture of Lea!! She's adorable.

Edited by owlvamp

Bgs,  just to think about all you had to do to get moved, 😲 wears me out!! I guess i would just take one thing at a time, cross it off the list that seems to rival Santa's good list,  and move on, but a whole year would not see me get it all done on time lol 😯

You have done well  for sure   🤤

well gotta say, dont mind these mild winters for sure, we have a maybe chance of flurries :yes this aft  my candle this season is still almost new, hardly have used it at all lol  

just heard yesterday that our neighbor across the street, was in a car accident , apparently a semi hit her, anyway she has not been home for w week or two and that is why, she is in rehab  prayers for Barb  :hug 

what is it about ritz crackers that one can just not quit eating, lol  i try to stay to 2 or 3, but it is hard lol  ok putting roll away now lol  

other than that, what is everyone that isn't busy at the pool, or dinner out, or fancy meetings and activities working on now?? im just almost done with a baby ghan, ill pic it when i complete it, its gonna be at least 34 or 35 square i hope, if i dont run out of the colors i,m making it with lol  :think

ok see ya all later, keep well and stay happy!!:yes:heart

Edited by katyallen8090

good morning

waiting for the snow,heard they are jacking up fuel prices already

Edited by pineknott

Well Lyn we got our weekly snow---just a light dusting this time. 

here too,Owlvamp,came in three hours earlier than they said it would

everything was closing between 2-5

Salt was already on the roads and still being put down . I don't have go anywheres. Will stay inside an stay warm.

we went over two bridges that were treated,after two hrs its just starting to stick to the grass

Hello. I am soooo far behind on posts. I hope you are all doing well and staying warm and safe.

hi alll

coming to you from the desktop tonight, so strap n those seat belts, lol  been a while since i last typed on this keyboard, but its like riding a bike, it all comes back to you, or you falloff and break a wrist, lol  

either way, huh, touch and go,so far,g ok, better than i thought i would, im typing just fine, with no probs, thought the diff in keyboards would affect my typing, for the worse, guess that is just not possible, lol,, was just a lovely day out today, albeit a bit chilly lol, sun was out most of the day, and really no wind to speak of at all, so im good with that huh 

igot that baby ghan done today, ends and all weaved in,and will try to remember to photo it tomorrow, and post ok,  it turned out pretty, i like it..

wel   my show  is on soon so i will go, take care all till next time   

good morning

got an inch of snow,in this local its enough to shut everything down,next  town over got 4 inches

so that means Bill has an unplanned 4 day weekend

have a great day,

Edited by pineknott

On 2/18/2020 at 11:02 AM, bgs said:

It is also where the money comes from if residents that bought the home for life option somehow run out of money.   Still a lot to learn. 

Brenda after reading that I was just wondering.. HOW is that working there like : "Home for life" ?, or not for life? Do those people pay more from the beginning?. How many different options are there?. Do you have a different options like:  to buy the place you will live in? or just to rent?.

When those people will get older & sick and they need a full care, like in a "nursing home". Will they provide that for those people? Dos the price goes up? (monthly fees? or what..?). Do you know how much they charge those people?

If they have that "nursing home" facilities did you and your husband ever checked that?. Just to see how they taking care of those sick people?. Is it good care or not so good?.

Krys

On 2/19/2020 at 2:23 PM, katyallen8090 said:

Bgs,  just to think about all you had to do to get moved, 😲 wears me out!! I guess i would just take one thing at a time, cross it off the list that seems to rival Santa's good list,  and move on, but a whole year would not see me get it all done on time lol 😯

Just get a moving Truck, get the things you want. And call for Auctioneer to sell the rest..

Easy! LOL

Krys

We got about 4 inches here. It's pretty but I can do without it. It's already melting and should be gone by tomorrow. Hippy. Sorry for those that love it. I can ship it to you if you want. LOL

yep krys, my nephew did that with his parents household, but i dont know if they did good off it or not      

• Like 1

Happy Friday! :yay I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Settling in for the night. Starting the most recent episode of Picard and will get myself a glass of wine to go with it.

Krys there are several options but you do not buy/own your unit. You can just rent---- all utilities are covered except for landline, internet, and cell.   You have to have landline because its necessary the way the emergency system works.  I think in the newer places they are switching over to systems that work without the landline.  I think some of the newer contracts you are not required to have a landline.  They have a contract with CCI which provides phone, internet and cable tv for a discounted rate.  They set you all up.  I did not have to call anyone to set any of that up and guy came out set up my computer and tv.  Phone service is unlimited nation wide long distance and includes a cable tv plan (no box) for half of what my phone service at old place cost me.  Out there I used a pre paid calling card for long distance and was on antenna tv.  We had a metropolitan calling plan so we could call greater KC area and people there could call us and not pay long distance.  Basic there was worthless for us as we never called anyone that was considered local.  You dont get to choose your cable provider but its a non issue for us.  Just renters also have dining credit, have full access to pool, gym, dial a ride etc.  Everything is fine and dandy as long as you have the money to pay your rent. 

Buy in or home for life you put a large sum of money down---- about what most peoples houses are worth but in our case it was more but that depends on how much square foot of living space you are getting here plus you pay a monthly fee/ rent but it is less per month than just renting.  Part of large sum and monthly goes towards long term health insurance.  You get a form from them at end of year to use for taxes.  There are different contracts depending on if you want money back for your heirs or not and if the time comes whether you want billed 25% or 50% off standard rate for services such as driving me places because its not where the free transportation goes and long term health care.  I am glad that we made an appointment with the tax service that rents their office from this place to make sure we were going to be ok at tax time with all we were doing.  That guy had a large notebook full of papers as to the amounts that were tax deductible last year.  It depends on the type of contract people had.  Other tax offices would not have had those.  In fact at last Town Hall one man got up and said make sure your tax person understands that this is a continuing care facility and that they understand the tax implications in the letter.   He said his were done wrong last year and had to be redone.  You are still going to need your own health insurance/Medicare.  There is a big event coming up that goes over all kinds of medical stuff we hope to attend.  I know this place has visiting nurse agency and hospice.  They also work off campus.  If you need injections, stitches removed, blood pressure checks, surgical dressings changed you can go to their office at the designated times and they will do it at no charge.  

We sort of look at that buy in fee like buying into a cooperative.  We no longer have to pay to replace the roof, replace water lines and sewer lines inside and out, the ac, furnace, stove, refrigerator, paint the house etc.  In 8 years we can have fresh paint and new floors.  They will shampoo carpet annually.  We will have a roof over our heads and enough food to survive  no matter if medical bills take our last penny.  I couldnt say that before.  Thats huge peace of mind.  Buy in people get priority placement in  assisted living and nursing home.  If need be we will both be in same one unlike some couples where one winds up in one place and the other winds up across town.

Nursing home here is as good as any and better than most.  They do very well on their accreditations.  My mom was assistant director of nursing there when she passed away and stepmom had rehab there for knee replacement some years ago.  

Everyone's monthly goes up annually in April.  There is a % limit but we hear its usually between 3 and 5%.  That part scares me a lot but they scrutinized our finances and accepted us so who am I to argue.  They would not have let us move in if they really felt we were not going to be able to afford it.  We looked at a couple of other continuing care facilities.  Buy in was actually higher and not near as many amenities.  

Do you ever play the what would I do if I won the lottery?  For 30 years I said if I won the lottery I would move here and at that time I would have had to wait 15 years to meet age requirement.

7 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Just get a moving Truck, get the things you want. And call for Auctioneer to sell the rest..

Easy! LOL

Krys

Except it wasnt easy at all!  Old time auctions are becoming a thing of the past.  More and more only do them online and want you to haul it to them.  

On 2/21/2020 at 7:03 PM, bgs said:

Krys there are several options but you do not buy/own your unit. You can just rent---- all utilities are covered except for landline, internet, and cell.   You have to have landline because its necessary the way the emergency system works.  I think in the newer places they are switching over to systems that work without the landline.  I think some of the newer contracts you are not required to have a landline.  They have a contract with CCI which provides phone, internet and cable tv for a discounted rate.  They set you all up.  I did not have to call anyone to set any of that up and guy came out set up my computer and tv.  Phone service is unlimited nation wide long distance and includes a cable tv plan (no box) for half of what my phone service at old place cost me.  Out there I used a pre paid calling card for long distance and was on antenna tv.  We had a metropolitan calling plan so we could call greater KC area and people there could call us and not pay long distance.  Basic there was worthless for us as we never called anyone that was considered local.  You dont get to choose your cable provider but its a non issue for us.  Just renters also have dining credit, have full access to pool, gym, dial a ride etc.  Everything is fine and dandy as long as you have the money to pay your rent. 

Buy in or home for life you put a large sum of money down---- about what most peoples houses are worth but in our case it was more but that depends on how much square foot of living space you are getting here plus you pay a monthly fee/ rent but it is less per month than just renting.  Part of large sum and monthly goes towards long term health insurance.  You get a form from them at end of year to use for taxes.  There are different contracts depending on if you want money back for your heirs or not and if the time comes whether you want billed 25% or 50% off standard rate for services such as driving me places because its not where the free transportation goes and long term health care.  I am glad that we made an appointment with the tax service that rents their office from this place to make sure we were going to be ok at tax time with all we were doing.  That guy had a large notebook full of papers as to the amounts that were tax deductible last year.  It depends on the type of contract people had.  Other tax offices would not have had those.  In fact at last Town Hall one man got up and said make sure your tax person understands that this is a continuing care facility and that they understand the tax implications in the letter.   He said his were done wrong last year and had to be redone.  You are still going to need your own health insurance/Medicare.  There is a big event coming up that goes over all kinds of medical stuff we hope to attend.  I know this place has visiting nurse agency and hospice.  They also work off campus.  If you need injections, stitches removed, blood pressure checks, surgical dressings changed you can go to their office at the designated times and they will do it at no charge.  

We sort of look at that buy in fee like buying into a cooperative.  We no longer have to pay to replace the roof, replace water lines and sewer lines inside and out, the ac, furnace, stove, refrigerator, paint the house etc.  In 8 years we can have fresh paint and new floors.  They will shampoo carpet annually.  We will have a roof over our heads and enough food to survive  no matter if medical bills take our last penny.  I couldnt say that before.  Thats huge peace of mind.  Buy in people get priority placement in  assisted living and nursing home.  If need be we will both be in same one unlike some couples where one winds up in one place and the other winds up across town.

Nursing home here is as good as any and better than most.  They do very well on their accreditations.  My mom was assistant director of nursing there when she passed away and stepmom had rehab there for knee replacement some years ago.  

Everyone's monthly goes up annually in April.  There is a % limit but we hear its usually between 3 and 5%.  That part scares me a lot but they scrutinized our finances and accepted us so who am I to argue.  They would not have let us move in if they really felt we were not going to be able to afford it.  We looked at a couple of other continuing care facilities.  Buy in was actually higher and not near as many amenities.  

Do you ever play the what would I do if I won the lottery?  For 30 years I said if I won the lottery I would move here and at that time I would have had to wait 15 years to meet age requirement.

oh gosh bgs, that is so cool, you did it!

Good Morning.

Not much going on.  Finished one project and on to the next, till, (Yeah I had to order new yarn) my yarn comes in.  Did not have the right colors.  :sigh  Such is life.

So Happy Sunday everyone.