katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Good Morning.  Beautiful pictures Ratdog.  You all look like you had a fun time.  Lots of smiles and sunshine.  Love the ears.

Ok now I understand the weather this week.  It is time for the Florida State Fair.  For some reason we always have iffy weather with rain usually on the last day.  We use to go to Disney this week, as our Anniversary is this week.

Got my noses yesterday, so I can make my dogs.

Have a fun day.

Oh my heat is back.:rofl

good morning

that seems true with the weather here too,if an air show is in town we usually can expect rain

have a wonderful day

All this talk of pie makes me want a hot piece with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  I only like two kinds of pie ------hot and cold.

Ratdog I love all your themed ears.  Thank you for the shots of you and dh with the Disney celebrities.  Looks like you had a great time.  I tell people I pretty much only watch Disney and John Wayne movies and John doesnt make many anymore.  Little Mermaid was an instant favorite as was Beauty and the Beast.   

This morning we got our vehicles registered with this county for taxes.  We lucked out and got it done within an hour.  The line was very long when we left and I have heard you can easily be in line for 2 or more hours.  Then this afternoon we attended the required initial training and paperwork for volunteering here.  Dh had visited the woodworking shop and they told him we needed to go to this.  He thought it would be about safety stuff and signing waivers but it was about HIPAA, filling out paperwork for background checks because volunteers work in Care Center and assisted living.  As it turns out making prayer shawls is a volunteer activity and they keep track of volunteer hours.  The "volunteers" at the woodworking shop make toys that are given to groups that hand out to underprivileged kids at Christmas.  As it turned out a new part time chaplain was in attendance so when I had to introduce myself and said I had completed a prayer shawl I brought up how the ladies were very concerned they were no longer being handed out.  The lady in charge of volunteers seemed surprised and talked like she would be addressing the issue.  Now for the kicker dh registered and then told me we were registered but they didnt have me down. It wasnt a problem except he got his volunteer name tag and I am the one that has already logged in volunteer hours and have to wait for mine.

Some single digit mornings coming up along with rain/ freezing rain/snow again tomorrow.  

Well, the crocheted trains were a hit!  Now on to dinos for the next grandbaby party ( Ethan will be 4 in April).... Heard this evening we have another grandbaby on the way due in Sept. Not sure yet if its a boy or girl, just praying Mama and baby are healthy, her last 3 have all had complications...

it has rained, rained...and then rained some more around here... spent the day crocheting different projects, briefly getting up to do dishes or laundry, bed...etc..

Ratdog, love love the ears..and the pics... how fun...

More rain expected tomorrow, I need to mail out the Valentine pkgs before its too late.. so rain, sleet, snow... dark of night...  the MeMe delivers...😂

My nephew and his wife had a baby girl on Feb 3, they named taht sweet girl after me... like having another grandbaby..LOL

On 2/11/2020 at 6:53 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Got my noses yesterday, so I can make my dogs.

Mary Jo where did you bought those dog noses?

Thanks,

Krys

I was looking for 12mm dog noses, as I am making some dogs, and that size was hard to find.

Krys I found them at CR Crafts https://crscrafts.com/ 

I must say they charge shipping by amount spent and not weight.  The smallest amount for shipping is $5.77.  I found it was cheaper than a lot of places I went to.  The noses for 12mm was $.89 per package with 8 noses per package.  

I am just finishing a turtle, he will be my next picture.  Then I have another dog to make and I am looking for a special dress to make for a doll.

I am in love with the weather.  It is SUMMER right now.

Have a great day.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder!!!  I saw this in the other thread when you were looking for them and meant to bookmark the site as I needed the pink and red noses and can't get them locally.  Ordered them today!!!

44 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

I was looking for 12mm dog noses, as I am making some dogs, and that size was hard to find.

Krys I found them at CR Crafts https://crscrafts.com/ 

I must say they charge shipping by amount spent and not weight.  The smallest amount for shipping is $5.77.  I found it was cheaper than a lot of places I went to.  The noses for 12mm was $.89 per package with 8 noses per package.  

Thank you Mary Jo,

I was just looking there. Are you sure those dog noses you got are 12mm?. They are showing there the smallest size 18mm.

Krys

5 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I am in love with the weather.  It is SUMMER right now.

This was my view from the pool.

20200212_144919.thumb.jpg.0b1a03933adf6b5c1ab2e7bd3a7e5c58.jpg

20200212_144748.thumb.jpg.108620670e1654ea943770fad45a9689.jpgA friend of dh's was going to come by and we were going to go off campus for lunch but rescheduled due to snow.  We decided to dial a ride and go to a different restaurant on campus from our regular one.  Then called dial a ride to go to pool.  Streets were actually better than sidewalks.  It was a slushy snow with temp hovering at 32°.  8° in morning with -18° wind chill.  Going to a funeral for a friends mother.   My friend that lives nearby is picking us up.  

Sorry Brenda, I love the pictures, but I am loving this weather.  This is why people move or winter here.

Hey Brenda, remember the QB Murry who played for KC?  Well he is playing again in the XFL an he is playing for the Tampa.  Another sucko QB for a Tampa Team.  Oh and they have Jerry Glanville (Atlanta's old HD) for the DC coordinator. 

This will make you laugh the QB Winston got Lasik surgery on his eyes, because he was near sighted and that is WHY he threw so many interceptions. :rofl

Off to work on my projects.

Have a fun day.

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Sorry Brenda, I love the pictures, but I am loving this weather.  This is why people move or winter here.

Yes, winters sucks!. Where I live winters can get very bad, I am always counting weeks & days to get closer to summer. I think this morning here was 1 degree :(.. On the other hand I do not think I would be able to live thru those hot & humid summers in Florida. In Arizona is not humid, but that summer heat can kill you. I know I would die there! :(. People cars are melting from that heat. They can not do much a day time outside.

I think the only place where the weather is perfect and I would love to live there is Hawaii. But that is out of a question. It would be too far from family & way to expensive.

So, I am back to square one, dealing with my very bad winters...

Krys

hi all  cold cold here, it was 4 below when i awoke at 639 lol  has been warming up no to about 5 above and the sun is out shining  

neighbors water froze his heat tape was not working,  better now though  

baily4, i forgot what size you kike the dolly ghans??Im also helping segi with about a 34 to 36 baby ghan drive, so let me know ok thanks 

well back to work i was or i should say, i did finish restocking and taking inventory of my yarn on the shelves, and now i will go order the few i need online..  see ya soon stay warm!!

good afternoon

4 yrs in Hawaii,I can say the weather was really great,no humidity,but I hear its starting to get humid there now

we have been away from there since 1985,costs were high then,living off base was not an option for us

being a person who likes seasonal change,it was hard to get in the Christmas spirit with 80 degree temps.

Mary Jo it was great being in the pool and looking out at the snow.  I am now starting to see advantages to living in some of the apartments in the complex but that one is the newest one and I believe cost quite a bit more than our duplex.   Maybe you will get Brady to add to the collection of old QB's although I was saying last year we will lose Mahomes and wind up with Brady (shakes head remembering our Joe Montana seasons)

Krys winter is worse in your area than here.  Seems like stuff starts forming here and whooshes your way getting worse as it goes.  Sometimes we luck out and it forms just missing us.  I dont like hot and humid either----makes me feel like I am going to keel over.  

We got up to 13° today.  They are showing 60° for Mon.

good morning

happy valentine's day

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.  Hope some special treats are coming your way!

well i hear ya bgs, lol and thanks alp and lyn Happy v day to you too!! 

I like my seasons too, im afraid i would get so bored if every day was the same lol  gives me something to look forward to, i guess, lol  

ok got the sizes i needed, thanks Bailey4, and segi, i'll get busy on both dolly ghans and baby ghans  i have 2 done but have to measure them first to see if i did ok in those particular sizes specified lol

If im within an inch or so, im counting them as ready to go, lol The other alternative would be either frogging a few rows, or adding more, lol neither which i want to do at this point lol when i call it done, to me, its done lol  im tired of it by that point you know  just want to fold it, and stick it in a box by then lol  

deli fried chicken tonight, as the store we go to now, has it on sale, only today, lol  8 pieces for 5 bucks, so we are getting 2 and eating one, and put the other in the freezer for another time    It already comes in a zip lock!! lol  

oh boy rolled up some stray skeins of colors today, i''ll use them first i guess with white or something else, but only have the one skein so  they won't make anything complete  know what i mean    

I have 2 boxes of squares now for pam, that will be mailed out in March, at least 100, 6 and some 8 inch ones lol  

snowbear, hey girl, happy birthday albeit a late one lol  

well all for now i suppose, its still cold here but we are holding together lol  talk to yo soon  < teeth chattering  lol  😬

Edited by katyallen8090

Hey all

BGS sounds like you live in a fun place with all of the activities to do.

It is very cold here in Pa.  I was getting used to the 40's 50's ish temps but they say we are getting the coldest air of the season. 

I am now trying to finish a veterans blanket I started before Christmas to take to the Hospice.  It is red, white and blue.  I am trying so hard to get back into the swing of crocheting.

Happy Valentines Day to all

Good Morning.  Happy Belated Valentine's Day to everyone.

Yesterday was my Anniversary, 49 years, so I took the day off.  We spent a nice quite day without news and anything that will annoy either of us.  We had a nice steak and lobster tail with butter noodles for dinner.  It is a special dinner we have every year. 

Brenda this place you moved to is sounding better and better every time you post what is going on.

Cool today 59 this morning, so the sweats have come back out.

Well, off to see what is going on in the world.

Have a fun day.

17 here this morning.  Won't be doing much outside stuff today.  I have to go and return a shirt I bought and know I probably won't wear back to Boscov's so I will be venturing out to do this.  I have to finish a blanket I have been working on so I can get back to my baby blankets. 

good morning

I agree,Mary Jo,its sounds like a fun place something for everyone

have a wonderful day

I know I'm late but Happy Valentines Day!

I was under the weather yesterday and spent a good portion in bed. Much better today..