katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

On 2/5/2020 at 9:04 PM, bgs said:

Lea I filed for SS online.  It said I might be contacted by mail to supply more info but never was.  I took my marriage license in to them right after I got married and got a new SS card issued with my married name so it was verified at that time.  SS is federal so state wouldnt have any say on application process----they dont play well together most of the time.  We made an appointment to go in a year or so before applying because we both had questions.  The lady was ok but said we could have just called.

I sent paperwork in by mail after I got married and got a new SS card with same number with my new name.  I had to send them copies of my marriage certificate but I was told at the time it was required that if I was going to work under my new married name I had to submit my marriage certificate to the SS office and get a new card with my new name.  I would hope at this point they realize that I've had the same name for all these years when I retire.  Then again perhaps my expectations are too high?

good afternoon,quite windy,not raining at this time

the up and down temps continue 70's to 30's wish it would settle down,have a great day

I think SS number always stays the same from the first time that person applies for SS card.  It dos not matter how many times that person changes the name.

Krys

good morning

the winds have died down,but its very chilly

headed out after lunch to bring  a load of stuffed animals to the raccoon rescue

have a great day

Good Morning! Quiet day today. I may head to joanns for some plastic canvas. It really worked well in the last pair of mickey ears so i am going to try and fix two other pairs I made that are too floppy without it

Good Morning and Happy Birthday to ReniC.  Be sure to stop by the Birthday wishes for her.

Got up late, went to the store and forget to get what I went for.:sigh

Well, let's see how the rest of day goes.

Popping in to say Hello. I hope you are all doing well.

Thurs I got a few more boxes emptied out and put the little bit of Christmas I had out away.  Fri my niece came by and we went shopping.  Got dh a Super Bowl cap and he got me a t shirt.  Did not go with the shirt I intended to buy as the fabric was so flimsy and one of them on rack already had a tiny hole in it. Then we stopped for pizza.  Spending this afternoon at a chocolate festival where dh is playing mountain dulcimer with other club members.

good morning

its sunny but chilly,going to skype in a bit to Germany

have a great day

COLD, COLD, COLD again this morning.  They keep promising that it will warm up.

Just wanted to pop in before I make breakfast.

Went over the tax stuff this morning.  I hate doing taxes.

Well off to make pancakes with blueberries.

Have a fun day.

The rain has stopped and we are having a beautiful sunny dat today.

8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

COLD, COLD, COLD again this morning.  They keep promising that it will warm up.

Just wanted to pop in before I make breakfast.

Went over the tax stuff this morning.  I hate doing taxes.

Well off to make pancakes with blueberries.

Have a fun day.

ooh ill take two please, with extra blueberries!!

On 2/8/2020 at 2:40 PM, bgs said:

Thurs I got a few more boxes emptied out and put the little bit of Christmas I had out away.  Fri my niece came by and we went shopping.  Got dh a Super Bowl cap and he got me a t shirt.  Did not go with the shirt I intended to buy as the fabric was so flimsy and one of them on rack already had a tiny hole in it. Then we stopped for pizza.  Spending this afternoon at a chocolate festival where dh is playing mountain dulcimer with other club members.

wow cant beat that, and the music too!! lol  

well, got the washer connection done, so it doesn't leak, and the carpet in the laundry room we wet vac-ced up what we could and puut fans on it overnight and its drying nicely  otherwise we were going to wood lino it lol  it knew better than to be too ruined to still be ok lol 

so when dry handy will steam shampoo it a last time.  before we move the washer back into place.tomorrow aft i will have use of my washer again lol  haven't much to wash but it grows a bit every day lol 🤣 

bout it here, nice day, sun has been out, and no sign of any more snow for now so we are good with that.. ok all for now enjoy your day all!!😁

Good Morning.  Up, breakfast made and shopping done.

Got an apple pie in the oven and all is going well.

Beautiful bright Sunny day.  Sorry guys, but we may bet up to 80 today.  NOW I am happy.

Have a fun day.

I have been up for hours. Cleaned the yard, trash is out and already picked up. Breakfast made and dishes are already done.

I crocheted a pair of leg warmers for daughter for they are having a valentine party at the gym and doing Zumba to the 80's.. She couldn't find a pair in the store so I crocheted her a pair. Very cute and funny how it's coming back..

It was really nice out this morning here to. I love the warmth and am so over the cold.

11 hours ago, owlvamp said:

Hello all!

Just checking in to how everyone is doing?

hey ya sandra, been thinkin' about you, glad to hear from you  life is normal here i guess!!

I actually made a apple and a cherry pie Friday and Saturday. The girls had it with vanilla ice cream. I also made cinnamon swirl bread and regular bread.

Hi Katy life here is everything but normal.LOL

But I'm here plugging along.

Edited by owlvamp

Went to Disney yesterday and wore my handmade Beauty and the Beast ears that I stiffened by adding plastic canvas. Lots of compliments. 

Then we went to a fundraiser for the Give Kids the World Villiage which provides free accomodations to Make A Wish families as they visit Orlando theme parks.

The fundraiser was An Evening With Jodi Benson. She is the voice of Ariel, The Little Mermaid. 

Quiet day today. Went to help my friend stuff envelopes at her job.  Then a quck stop by the preschool to talk to the director about a project.

Hope everyone is having a great day