katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Finished the ears, made a penny bracelet for a friend (sadly the tool I bought for making the bracelet broke but i got it done).

1580747805468364887950.jpg

• Like 1

Ratdog love the ears.

Lyn for some reason sis #1 was into watching the Chiefs back when we were kids so we all watched with her.  She has always loved Len Dawson their quarterback back when they won Super Bowl 50 years ago.  For many years he was the sports reporter on a local tv station.  The team dr was on staff at the hospital where my mom worked and which is where players were sent.  Its pretty hard in this area to not see or hear about the Chiefs.  

Mary Jo my favorite replay is the one with all those 49ers partying in the end zone thinking they had the game won.

We had a good time at the Super Bowl party.  Tickets were $5 and there was so much food-- little smokies, meatballs, chicken poppers and ranch dressing, chips and queso, vegetables and dip, rollups, little bags of chips, coffee, tea, cans of pop, decorated sugar cookies, pretzels and cash bar.  They had drawings and games like trivia and bingo.  It started out with probably 250 people.  Some left right after eating and people kept leaving until there was about 50 of us left.  The staff "tried" to get the group fired up using their megaphones.  They also went around and checked that everyone was doing okay. 

Mary Jo cold and snow in forecast for Wed parade. 

Getting caught up on projects. I have a request for a beige hat so I will look for a pattern today.

Good Morning. Ratdog love the ears.

Sounds like it was fun at the party Brenda.  Like I said, I fell asleep after half time and woke up when there was less than 2 minutes left.  I did not have to worry, as John taped the game, so I got to see the last half.  I saw them win and laughed when Andy said he was going to find the Biggest Cheese Burger around and spend the night with his trophy wife.  I am sure no one is going to care if it snows or not.  They are all out to celebrate.  I had to laugh Mr. Lorie, the owner of the Eagles, said he never roots for any team, but the Eagles, but he was rooting for Andy.  I also heard he got into the locker room to congratulate Andy.  Lots of people were rooting for him and said he deserved it.  Best place to watch the parade is at home on the TV.  Bet the DH wishes he was still working so he could see the parade.

Still cold this morning, but we are suppose to be in the 70's all week.

Have a fun day

Here is what I have been working on.  These along with 2 other outfits will be going to Bailey4 for her charity.  I did not do all the bead work, as I felt they stood on their own as dresses.  I am going to make one more outfit, not sure what kind yet.

The first two were Cowgirl outfits.

Charity Doll Outfits 2020  (1).JPG

Charity Doll Outfits 2020  (2).JPG

• Like 1

Mary Jo love the doll outfits especially the colorwork you did on the red one.  Dh made darn sure he was off work and not downtown for the Royals parade and that would have been the one he wanted to see.  (He likes baseball not football.  He only got interested in football when Mahomes started playing).  Some that did go into work the day of Royals parade thought they would get to watch but it was just too crowded-------- much better on tv.  There will be many more people try to get there this time as Chiefs are way more popular and they are a rowdier bunch.   Last time people parked cars all along the interstate and on entrance and exit ramps and hiked in.  I sure wouldnt want to be packed in a crowd that size standing for that long not to mention the logistics of getting to one of the very few porti- potties.  They are trying to be better prepared this time.  On news they pointed out last time cell phones often didnt work because towers in area were overwhelmed so they would be using walkie talkies, should have one adult with each child and hang on to them, child should know name and contact info or write it paper and put it in their pocket, and think about bladder control--they are going to have more porti-potties but.....

It snowed hard for a while this morning but melted but temp is dropping and more is on the way.  

hello all kind of a chilly day, and the wind makes it seem way colder  handy says he has a cold, but im ok  He probably picked it up in one of the places he went into  oh well, tis the season right  

im having a few cheese 😏  its with the remainder of my diet coke lol 

got one baby ghan done, i think i posted it and working on another off and on  just haven't been too ambitious with the hook lately lol but just piddling,  no other real projects other than that   

snow is all melted off the yard yesterday got into the upper 50's and took it all away lol  

well i got a new vac, did i tell you the bi ssel*

daUGHTER GAVE ME, its chip board went out, now i dont even think she had it long before she got the roomba, but anyway, part would cost more than another vac it still sucks, i mean the hose attachment does, but the roller brush will not turn on  handy took it all apart, and we tried everything but its a no go, so i got another full option one Dirt Devil Max, with pet hair  control rollers lol  that ought to do, i tried it yesterday and although heavier than my little lite weight bissel, it is still manageable, even in the craft room around all my obstacles lol  so i like it, and ill keep the daughters for hose work i guess, till i get tired of looking at it lol handy says, we are now vacuum rich lol   

"On Iknow, she whined, but i needed one in the living room with an ultra longer cord, lol  and a working brush roller,"  she added for emphasis,  he said    OK thats fine lol  😇

hey segi is collecting baby ghans too, like bailey, and is wanting help for the nicu where she is, she wants them like 34 by 34, so ill have to add a few rows i think lol  to the size i make them for bailey4

well that is all i got, glad you all enjoyed the game lol  take care now  later 😁 

Edited by katyallen8090

good morning

heading across town for  Rene's appt

.and libraries,boo hiss next appt. is the 17th,all libraries are closed that day

have a wonderful day

Good Morning.  The sun is out right now, but we are waiting for rain.  We will be close to 80 today with high humidity, but going down into the 50's or 60's tonight.

Going to work on a new panel of a c2c afghan.  I am using the panels for doll afghans.  Just have to put ending around the other two.

I remember when the Buc's won the SB.  My cousin's husband was in Tampa for work and got to see the parade and everything.  His hotel was right there.  He took pictures to show his sister, as she was a fan.  Typical older brother.

Well off to do some crocheting.

Have a fun day.

Both dolls are very nice.

I like that red one.

Krys

Love both of the doll dresses Tampa Doll.

We are having record rain fall this week.  Glad we live on higher ground.

Thank you all.  I like the second one also.  It is more colorful and was interesting to make.  There is a total of 6 patterns in this book, I only made 3.

Well, the SS office was certainly wild... after waiting forever they told me I wasn't int he 90 days to sign up.... Very politely I told her to use the calendar.... she told me she wasn't good at math and then she said no one in the office knew how to do ss claims... I needed a phone interview.... first appt was march 10... I asked why I had to come in and she said I needed a copy of my marriage license which I showed...and then she said.. oh, if you want to  now you can do it on line....now why the flip did I have to show marriage license.... after all these years...oh well, its in the works now..

MJ, love the dolls... very pretty...and ratdog the ears...oh my... great work!

Warm weather here...flood warnings are up... maybe crochet club tomorrow if the weather is okay and then Carter's party on Sat.

I am crocheting dinos for Ethan's 4th birthday... not til April so I have time...

12 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Well, the SS office was certainly wild... after waiting forever they told me I wasn't int he 90 days to sign up.... Very politely I told her to use the calendar.... she told me she wasn't good at math and then she said no one in the office knew how to do ss claims... I needed a phone interview.... first appt was march 10... I asked why I had to come in and she said I needed a copy of my marriage license which I showed...and then she said.. oh, if you want to  now you can do it on line....now why the flip did I have to show marriage license.... after all these years...oh well, its in the works now..

MJ, love the dolls... very pretty...and ratdog the ears...oh my... great work!

Warm weather here...flood warnings are up... maybe crochet club tomorrow if the weather is okay and then Carter's party on Sat.

I am crocheting dinos for Ethan's 4th birthday... not til April so I have time...

That woman sound little "OFF"! LOL

I do wonder why would you need marriage licence?. Unless your name would be different now.  Yes, you might need a  marriage licence if you would be a widow trying to get SS on your late husband record.

Krys

I was wondering why you did not apply on line.  I thought maybe your state required you to go in person.  It is always so much fun to go to a government office and ask questions.:rofl

Have you tried to do it on line?  Maybe you can skip the phone interview.

Well have a good night.

Lea I filed for SS online.  It said I might be contacted by mail to supply more info but never was.  I took my marriage license in to them right after I got married and got a new SS card issued with my married name so it was verified at that time.  SS is federal so state wouldnt have any say on application process----they dont play well together most of the time.  We made an appointment to go in a year or so before applying because we both had questions.  The lady was ok but said we could have just called.

Edited by bgs

Good morning.  Warmer today and waiting for rain.

Today is more of a lazy day then normal.  Slept in and can't seem to get moving.

Lea, I hope you get the SS straightened out.  When it was time for me almost 10 years ago, we had to go to the office.  It was pretty easy, but it depends on the people.

I had more trouble getting my new drivers license, when they changed the rules several years ago.  I even had to take DH with me to prove I lived where I said I lived, as all the utilities are in his name.  This was just state.  It is always an adventure dealing with the government whether State or Federal.:rofl

Few years ago my health ins. was trying to "dump" me. They came up with a very unusual excuse/story.  I was told: because I do not live where I say I do!. They said I do not live in Illinois State!!.

I did asked them if I do not live in Illinois to PLEASE tell me WHERE do I live??? IDIOTS!.

I been living in the same house for about 30 years in ILL. State (North-West  suburb of Chicago).

Krys 

Mary Jo I dont think they would accept dh vouching for me here. They want very specific mail ---- letter from one bank where we changed address and closed out account wasnt good enough----had to be a statement.   Letter from another bank reminding us when safety deposit box fee would be charged was not good enough as it was not a statement or bill.  They want bills dated within the last 30 days and not a photo copy of it.  All my bills you mail back the part with name and address and most all come with just his name even if I am on the account. They will not accept anything you have printed from online--- bank statement or bills.  At least they did let me black out my bank account number on bank statement. They copy everything you use to qualify into a computer system for the state and I was concerned about hacking.  I was shocked that they accepted the change of address notice we received from PO when we had mail forwarded because it just says our last name and then family.  I have been there and they nitpicked how the address was written out on my mail---NW 850 versus NW 850th Rd.  

Krys that is just insane. What planet are these people from?

33° and sun is shining.  Yesterday was in the 20's, cloudy, and a touch of snow.  I stayed in all day and watched the parade on tv.  

oh my what stories huh  being a long time state employee, i never heard any complaints😁 ..lol  but in our county but the next one over, where omaha is, was  always rude, un-help-ful and incompetent, 😵 even to us!! depends on a lot of factors i guess, we had good people and good service but could see, and heard about the   obvious contrast whenever we had to deal with them lol well that and our sheriff deputies that patrolled the hall lol but we seldom heard a cross word  😍

ok well, bright and sunny here  😎today,our snow is gone, but our next door neighbor, still has a place or two in the backyard, that should melt today lol  🌞

The dolls and their outfits are so pretty, i liked them both, you do fab work mj!! 💜

I worked on another ghan for segi, but ended up frogging a couple row as i spotted a boo boo, lol so frogged it  out 🐸  and will start  from  there tomorrow when i am fresh lol  🌼

last load i washed, something leaked, so handy operated today, it is just a nozzle leak on the hot water side, easy fix, get a new spigot thing lol so that will be tomorrows job as he is better, but not feeling fully well  good thing my laundry is done this week lol  ✔️

we knew it had to be in the connectors, or the drainage hose, as it is a new washer, and the leak was very small, so good he found it so it can be fixed and not rupture, or crack huh 🆗 

He earns his keep around here, huh lol  i always have a chore he and only he can fix for me lol I have tried, but most oft i just make a mess of it lol :yes

well all, hope your problems are tiny, and your blessings are numerous!! , till later take care  all 

:ghug

Edited by katyallen8090

On 2/4/2020 at 9:46 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Here is what I have been working on.  These along with 2 other outfits will be going to Bailey4 for her charity.  I did not do all the bead work, as I felt they stood on their own as dresses.  I am going to make one more outfit, not sure what kind yet.

The first two were Cowgirl outfits.

Charity Doll Outfits 2020  (1).JPG

Charity Doll Outfits 2020  (2).JPG

i like them both, the one in blue just looks so elegant though lol  

• Like 1

Goodness it's been a while since I've been here, my phone has been stupid and been giving me fits. I hope everyone has been well! 

Rat dog, I love the ears! What kind of headbands do you use for those? I might need to make me one!

Tampa those doll dresses are gorgeous! I have doll dresses on the to do list, but still haven't been able to find the time. I'm currently trying to finish up my Valentine's scarf/tie and working on a knitting item. 

Have a great day,  all!

16 hours ago, Tribble79 said:

Rat dog, I love the ears! What kind of headbands do you use for those? I might need to make me one!

I buy them at Joanns i dont know the brand name.

I finished the hats for my coworker. Not sure what to do next. Need some motivation