katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

TGIF everyone.

Not much going on this weekend.  I hope to get into crocheting this weekend to start a new project.  This month went by so fast, can't believe it is going to be February.  Have a great day everyone

Mary Jo the Hunt family decided to take everyone associated with the franchise to the Super Bowl----front office staff, scouts, janitors, receptionists, security, etc and their families.  Clark said "We felt it appropriate to bring the entire team." Estimated to be around 2000 people.

Its a gray damp day but at least no snow this morning.  Decided to go off campus for lunch today and swing by genealogy library.  Dh wanted to do some more research and we had old eyeglasses to drop off in donation box there.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:25 PM, bgs said:

Krys hope those 5 weeks go by quickly and its healed by then.  It seemed like forever with my niece.  So have you ever pointed out to your daughter that those cats' feet were in the litter box amongst poop and pee before walking on the table and kitchen counters?   I know they are going to push the limits and get up there but they can be taught not to.

I am counting the days.....................................................LOL

I always remind her about that littler box & their paws/feet :(. I did had couple cats in my life. But,  they never were walking on my counter-tops & tables. I am always very careful there with my forks, knife's & all other stuff NOT to put that on a counter-top without a plate under. I do that with everything else there, plate first. I use a lot of those Clorox or Lysol wipes.

I know cats can be thought what they can or can not do. Before my first dog (I had 2 dogs) I had couple cats thru my life. My last cat I had his name was Ruby. I know that is a weird name for a male cat. BUT, he came with that name. He was a amazing cat. Unusually smart. My daughter still to this time believes that he was a person in his previous life. NO, I do not believe that. But, she dos! LOL. One of this days I will scan & post his picture here and tell you all about that amazing cat..:). 

Krys

• Like 1

Today was my day off, so lots of catching up on things... and buying a dress for baby girl's daddy daughter dance.

Good morning.  Got up and got the old hair cut today.  Stopped at the grocery and picked up cooked chicken wings and fresh hoagie rolls.

Cloudy and drizzly today.  Suppose to get into the 40's tonight, but suppose to be a beautiful day tomorrow for the SB.  I just learned, it will be in Tampa next year.

Well, off to work on a dress I am making.

Have a fun day.

good morning afternoon lol  i just finished the bill paying part of the new month 😜 lol so that is out of the way now  once again, i am always glad to get that over  😁

then i went on amazon, and ordered a few things i had waiting for me on hold, and got that done too  so while the ole laptop was fired up, 🤡 i stopped in to say hello  i know SB must mean super bowl mj, who is playing and who is everyone here wanting to win it?? lol  we dont ever watch football so i have no clue lol  its just as well every  time i chose a team in the world series, they lose lol  so you dont want me rooting for your team but good luck lol  

we may have chicken too, but baked or fried fingers im not sure lol  

our favorite and closest and most reasonably priced grocery store is closing up, in a month or so, too high of rent i think, so it is quickly running out of things, shelves are becoming totally empty, and we dont think it will even last another month as they are not reordering anything  the produce aisle was completely barren last time we were in there, and they dont have any more diet coke at all so we have stopped going in there early now, as it is so empty.  i guess we will now have to get used to the layout of another one, and drive farther to shop now darn it  i will miss it  no chance of another store taking over i dont think either 

a sun- shiney day today maxie was purring away in the sunshine as i brushed him this am , his little eyes all squinty-ed up from the brightness lol just a few minutes in the sun, and his coat gets warm to the touch, amazing huh, that far away 

well enjoy your weekend, and your SB game everyone, hope your team wins lol  see ya later friends    

12 hours ago, howieann said:

Today was my day off, so lots of catching up on things... and buying a dress for baby girl's daddy daughter dance.

i remember that particular event too, how wonderful for them both, a time they will always remember too  

14 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

I am counting the days.....................................................LOL

I always remind her about that littler box & their paws/feet :(. I did had couple cats in my life. But,  they never were walking on my counter-tops & tables. I am always very careful there with my forks, knife's & all other stuff NOT to put that on a counter-top without a plate under. I do that with everything else there, plate first. I use a lot of those Clorox or Lysol wipes.

I know cats can be thought what they can or can not do. Before my first dog (I had 2 dogs) I had couple cats thru my life. My last cat I had his name was Ruby. I know that is a weird name for a male cat. BUT, he came with that name. He was a amazing cat. Unusually smart. My daughter still to this time believes that he was a person in his previous life. NO, I do not believe that. But, she dos! LOL. One of this days I will scan & post his picture here and tell you all about that amazing cat..:). 

Krys

i would love to see ruby and hear of him  we think our Maxie is exceptionally intelligent as well  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, segi1974 said:

TGIF everyone.

Not much going on this weekend.  I hope to get into crocheting this weekend to start a new project.  This month went by so fast, can't believe it is going to be February.  Have a great day everyone

thats great  ill see if i can get a couple done to help  do you have a specific size to aim for??

Edited by katyallen8090

Getting colder here.  Guess we are heading to the 40's.

I had a good laugh.  I just saw a picture of the babies in the NCIU in Kansas City.  With permission of the parents, they dressed the babies in KC Chiefs uniforms.  Anyway, the funny part was they had head bands on with lots of hair.  It took me a minute to figure out, that they were suppose to be the quarter back Pat. Mahones.  I am sorry it is so funny.  These little babies with this big head of hair.

Whether you like football or not, this should give you a chuckle.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/kansas-city-hospital-babies-chiefs-players

• Like 1

awwwwwwwwww that was cute,thanks for sharing it

Mary Jo I hadnt seen the baby pictures.  Such cuties. Mahomes hair is pretty popular.  They sell a hat that is the band with the hair.  Put it on instant for an instant Mahomes hair do.  He flew his barber down for a haircut and to  attend the game.  

Katy Super Bowl 54.  Its the Kansas City Chiefs versus the San Francisco 49ers.  Its been exactly 50 years since KC made it to a SB.  Chiefs beat the MN Vikings which was a big deal because Chiefs were part of the new AFL and the AFL was viewed as being pretty inferior to NFL.  Chiefs also played in SB 1 and lost to Green Bay Packers. 

We went to bonsai this morning and then a group of us went to lunch.  This evening I finally made it in the pool at the aquacenter.  

• Like 1

Such cute babies Mary Jo.  They did make me smile. 

Brenda sounds like you have many things to do in your new home.

Well my sister and I went to Aldi's (not sure if you guys have them in your state) but we like to go to grocery shop there as they have good prices and some great stuff.  Lunch at Cracker Barrel.  Fun day with my sister, son and DIL.  Today is cleaning the house day but I think it will be the fast clean.  Hope everyone has a great Funday Sunday.

Good morning. I am working on a pair of mickey mouse ears. Aladdin genie theme. Have a great day !

Did anyone else have problems getting here this morning.  I tried to get on about 830 this morning and kept getting a error code.

Mary Jo church this morning was sea of red.  Pastor had Chiefs logo on big screen superimposed over KC skyline in faded out red.  One couple was there with their 3 week old baby girl.  She had on a shirt that said "My first Chief's Super Bowl" as did her mom and dad along with another young couple.  They had them made special.  Dh said he guessed ours would say "My last Chief's Super Bowl"  if the past record is any indication of the future.  

60° with lots of sunshine.  Its almost hot out with a touch of snow in a few places.  Time to head out for the SB party.  Things will either be really crazy here in a few hours or else really down.

I didn't try to get on this morning so not sure.

Hubby is watching the Super Bowl. Neither one is his team , but he enjoys football.

Getting ready to head to bed...  tomorrow I head to the SS office to sign up for SS... I am not sure how I feel about that...

busy week.. SS office tomorrow, grands on Tuesday, Senior center tour on Wed , Carters Bday on Sat. I made trains for his party favors..they are so cute!

Hugs~

1 hour ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Getting ready to head to bed...  tomorrow I head to the SS office to sign up for SS... I am not sure how I feel about that...

busy week.. SS office tomorrow, grands on Tuesday, Senior center tour on Wed , Carters Bday on Sat. I made trains for his party favors..they are so cute!

Hugs~

Lea love the trains.   It was a red letter day for me when I signed up for SS.  My mom never lived long enough as well as a grandma, a grandpa and uncle.  I signed up online.  

And its another RED letter day.  I lived long enough to see to see the Chiefs win the Super Bowl one more time.

Good Morning.  Lea, love the trains.

Well, Congratulations to the Chiefs and their fans.  Wow what a game.  Believe it or not, I fell asleep and woke up with less then 2 minutes left in the game.  What a finish.  I did see the half time and it was the best in a long time.  I think they said the little girl that sang was J Lo's daughter.  Anyway, Brenda, I am sure you will run into a lot of horse people today.  They deserve the win, especially Andy.

COLD today 48 right now, but the sun is out and no rain.

Love the sea of red in church, now that is a group of fans. 

Not much going on today.  Trying to get my tax stuff ready to do.

Have a fun day.

good morning

not a football follower but happy you got see another KC win,Bgs

its going to be in the 60's,maybe even 70

have a great day

I was about ready to give up on the Super Bowl at the beginning of the 4th quarter as it didn't seem like much was happening.  Glad I kept watching.  Congrats to the Chiefs.  Glad they won.