katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Sounds like you are all keeping busy and hopefully staying warm. Our temps dropped into the low 50s again last night so it was a very cool morning for south Florida. I went to church and stopped at the grocery store on the way home. Then I went to Joann's for a couple of sewing notions for the Pirate Fairy dress I'm working on for my littlest granddaughter. The rest of the day should be quiet and relaxing in my sewing room.

Hope you all enjoy your day.

• Like 1

They were a little chilly for the Gasparella parade yesterday and today for the run.  Looks like everyone had a great time. 

Just finished dinner which was chilie and all the fixins.  Including cornbread.

Have a fun night.

• Like 1

39° with sunshine and no wind felt good today.  Lots of melting but a lot of white left.

Mary Jo it sounds like Lea's Princess should be wearing that t-shirt.  Mahomes was a big hit at lunch.  Sent the remains home with Derek.  I am guestimating he is mid twenties.  He is a beanpole with the best smile/grin and has the most interesting wardrobe----all kinds of Chiefs, Royals, and Mizzou clothing.  He has a men's very tailored suit that is white with little Santas printed all over it--- --and he looks good in it.   I always look forward to seeing what he is wearing.  Today he gave the intro for the service which was on miracles and well uh the Chiefs making it to the Super Bowl and Mahomes were on his list of miracles.

Snowbear it would help to see the body type of the doll-----like is it a baby doll, adult figured doll or child figured doll.  Depending on body type you might be able to use baby or toddler patterns.  

Yesterday was our first Sat back for bonsai since early Sept.  We had a board meeting and late lunch so didnt get back until 4p because I had to stop and pick up the cookie cake.  This morning out to church at old place.  Had fellowship lunch afterwards.  Back here for a bit.  Then off to a Christmas dinner/meeting with the bee association which was nearby.   It had been postponed from Dec to last Sun because of snow.  Then they postponed it to this Sun because of football game.  This was our last time and there were a few people we wanted to let know we had moved and had officially given up beekeeping.  Dont know why I am so tired.

Good Morning.  Up early and off to the Dr. for the 6 month check-up for DH.

Brenda, I get tired reading about all you are doing.

I was mentioning to DH the other day, we are hearing nothing about the Chiefs.  Everything I hear or read is about the 49er's.  

Now of course everything is about Kobey Bryant.  What a tragedy for his family.  

Well, got my dress sweats on as it is 56 out and that is to cold.  Good thing I don't have to get on the scale.  I have about 5 lbs. worth of clothing on.

Have a fun day.

Happy birthday Mary Jo!  Hope Tampa Guy's 6 month dr visit goes well.  I am taking it slow this morning. 

Dh is off to his class.  We will walk over for lunch and then make an Aldi run.   They play a lot of cards here but I dont like playing cards.  This afternoon it is bridge.  Then they have a scrapbooking/drawing group.  Some day I might wander over and see what they do.  Another afternoon ceramics is listed.  From what our area manager said I think they sell at craft shows held and money goes into Foundation which does a lot----provided ambulances, gym equipment, remodeling, replaced audio video equipment in Pavillion etc.  

Back from the Dr. and had breakfast, not to relax till dinner.

it was DH's 6 month check-up, so all is well.

Sounds like a great place you moved into.  Lots to do.

Have a fun day.

Good Morning.  How is everyone doing today?

Well, this is a busy week in Miami, with the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Still chilly here and I can not believe it is the end of January.

Friend coming over to do some handyman work.  The florescent light in the closet, decides when it want to turn on or not, so it is getting replaced.  Now I can see what I want to wear, instead of just grabbing something.  Sure makes the outfit interesting.:rofl

Have a fun day. 

Lets see.  I walked across the street for the prayer shawl group this morning and no one showed up.  I did run into a couple of maintenance guys and asked them about our fireplace.  We flipped the switch the other day and waited for a long time and it never lit up.  Pilot light is on.  They said our unit had been empty for some time and it probably needs cleaned.  Need to catch a day when we will be here for awhile and call in a work order.  I want to be here so I can ask questions.  

Walked over to lunch about 11:30.  They asked about seating us at the big table where people come and go so we could mingle.  We usually sit at little table in section off to side so I can sit and look out at golf course and little lake.  I told them first you make me have to leave the house and now you want me to mingle!  Well we started at big table and our neighbor sat and ate.  She left and a few others we have met came.  Then a couple walked in that we were seated with at the special dinner a couple of weeks ago.  After trying for several minutes to remember their names I went over to ask their names again.  Then dh came over so we sat with them.  Dh had to leave because he had dulcimer practice.  When they left the lady that runs this dining place saw I switched tables and said you're still here?  I replied you told me to mingle and now I am headed over to that table to visit with the lady over there.  When I finally left I told her I had done my mingling for the week or so I thought.  Wound up with lengthy conversations with a couple of other ladies as I walked thru the hall coming back.  One lady said she saw us there all the time and thought we were visiting someone there.  I got back at 2pm.  All this mingling has eat ip the day and worn me out.  I am an introvert and my favorite hobbies are watching tv and crocheting-----or the solitary sports as I call them.

Mary Jo Andy was in a 

Andy was in a ????????????????????????

Hey don't leave me hanging.

I am like you.  I don't like to mingle, but once I am there, I make the best of it.

Working on another doll outfit.  Hope this works.

Dinner was pizza and wings.

1 hour ago, bgs said:

I am an introvert and my favorite hobbies are watching tv and crocheting-

Hahaha! :)  :clap

I like to go out on weekends and have some fun. Because of my broken foot I been very careful this winter because of that ice, so I am not going out that much. I do not want to damage my foot again so soon! :(. I broke my foot very badly, I got 2 screws in it.

Even before  I broke my foot I never liked to run around every day. I always have too many things to do at home...LOL. I like to visit my kids sometimes for couple days. Do not like to stay there for very long. That could be because one her animals is just plain crazy. I LOVE all animals ,

BUT her Pug is so bad, I can not put anything on a coffee table or on a sofa. He will take that and chew that to pieces. I need to remember to always keep my bedroom door closed (either I am in or out) because he will come and do the same.

Last time I was there I needed to go to store and buy 3 new pairs of sleepers, because he chewed apart two pairs that I brought from home in one day. So I bought 3 more pairs, I did not wanted to be going to store again and buying more sleepers before I left. He even bit me on my lower arm very hard last time. He attempted to bite my leg couple hours later. My daughter was trying to explain his behavior to me by telling me: "He thinks those are toys" (my arm & my leg - TOYS?). Hmm?

I always buy him hamburger & bring them toys when I am going there. I know he loves me!  BUT that is not that kind of love anyone can live with LOL. She got 4 of them: 2 cats & 2 dogs. The others do not attack me LOL.

So the only thing to protect my self It is to go back home as soon as possible.

I have no idea why my daughter did not teach him to behave better..??. He is already over 3 years old. 

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Andy was in a ????????????????????????

Hey don't leave me hanging.

I am like you.  I don't like to mingle, but once I am there, I make the best of it.

Working on another doll outfit.  Hope this works.

Dinner was pizza and wings.

Oh I think the phone rang and must have hit submit.

When they got off the plane in Miami Andy was in A BLACK SUIT!  A bunch of the guys like Mahomes and Kelce wore matching  Hawaian shirts in homage to Andy's attire of choice.  

91 year old (on birthday Feb 2)  groundskeeper George Toma has once again come out of retirement to take care of the field as he has done for every Super Bowl. He took care of fields at Arrowhead and Kauffman for many many years.  This season he came back and designed the end zones for Chief's 60th year (when you include the time they were the Dallas Texans) anniversary.  He did a throwback design inspired by those he did for old Municipal Stadium in KC.  He says best insurance for players is a safe field and said he brought in grow lights for parts of field there in Miami.  

Edited by bgs

2 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Hahaha! :)  :clap

I like to go out on weekends and have some fun. Because of my broken foot I been very careful this winter because of that ice, so I am not going out that much. I do not want to damage my foot again so soon! :(. I broke my foot very badly, I got 2 screws in it.

Even before  I broke my foot I never liked to run around every day. I always have too many things to do at home...LOL. I like to visit my kids sometimes for couple days. Do not like to stay there for very long. That could be because one her animals is just plain crazy. I LOVE all animals ,

BUT her Pug is so bad, I can not put anything on a coffee table or on a sofa. He will take that and chew that to pieces. I need to remember to always keep my bedroom door closed (either I am in or out) because he will come and do the same.

Last time I was there I needed to go to store and buy 3 new pairs of sleepers, because he chewed apart two pairs that I brought from home in one day. So I bought 3 more pairs, I did not wanted to be going to store again and buying more sleepers before I left. He even bit me on my lower arm very hard last time. He attempted to bite my leg couple hours later. My daughter was trying to explain his behavior to me by telling me: "He thinks those are toys" (my arm & my leg - TOYS?). Hmm?

I always buy him hamburger & bring them toys when I am going there. I know he loves me!  BUT that is not that kind of love anyone can live with LOL. She got 4 of them: 2 cats & 2 dogs. The others do not attack me LOL.

So the only thing to protect my self It is to go back home as soon as possible.

I have no idea why my daughter did not teach him to behave better..??. He is already over 3 years old. 

Krys

Krys how is your foot coming along?  My niece had to have screws in her foot when she was 10. Seems like they were in for a long time.   It was hard getting her around on crutches.  She couldnt go to school for a long time either.  We had to pick up and drop off her assignments. There was a ditch that runs in front of the house which is where she slipped and fell.   Thats bad that your daughters dog treats you like a chew toy.  She really should work with him on the biting.   It will be sad if he bites someone and he gets taken away from her or she gets sued.  

• Like 1

Alright, catching up....

Lyn, Advance NC is about 2 1/2 hours away

Ratdog, how was your voice for the sing along..

Brenda, I guess I could mingle, got the talent from my Grams... put her in a room with 100 people, give her an hour...and she will come out telling you everyone's name, where they are from, and how they can all connect... she is awesome

MJ, yep, that tshirt would be for me...

Went to the hair dresser today and who should be in the chair next to me ..the ex sheriffs wife.... awkward... we didn't speak, she acted like she didn't know me...and that was fine.... she really is a nice lady... I feel bad for her.

Lunch with the MIL tomorrow, they are headed to FL for Feb, don't blame them... we have had an easy winter so far...

Good Morning.

Thanks for finishing the sentence.  I saw a picture of Andy the other day.  The Lombardy trophy was in the front Andy was next with a red shirt that had the KC logo all over it and behind him was the 49er coach.    I find it amazing that as close to Miami as we are, we are not hearing much.  That field over there is a mess.  Glad to hear it is being fixed.

Adding some beads to a doll dress today.

Have a fun day.

DH and I had fun at the sing along. Its a long movie and we had to be up early so we left at intermission.

Spent another weekend at the Epcot festival of the arts hanging around my favorite artist. Told her handler Monday as I was leaving "Ok, Michael, Im out of your hair until next year!"

Had to work in the toddler room (or as I call it 'track and field') yesterday. Love my babies and all the hugs!

Day off today so I need to work on some crochet. Must go to Joanns, rats!

A coworker wants 2 hats and a new friend I met last weekend wants Aladdin genie Mickey Ears.

Good Morning everyone

I am just reading everyone's post and thought I would join in.

I am trying so hard to getting my crochet back on.  I am frustrated because I started to make new placemats for my table and I just can't seem to get them right.  The first one I made lays flat but is smaller then what I want, so on the next one used a bigger hook and it doesn't lay flat so I am not happy as I don't know what to do about this.

I work from home and we are slow so I get to surf the web but it is very boring.

good afternoon,

its clouded over,it sure has been a mild winter,well except for the few nights it got in the 20's.

I'm more of an observer than a real chatty person,If I don't know you don't expect me to just chit chat,alot of that comes from me being in foster care as a kid,golly I hated all the hail and farewells we had to attend while he was in the service

Good afternoon all.

I have just been so busy then so exhausted. I'm here barely.

Ill try to check back in later.

Ground was white again this morning but its 32° and melting.  Glad it wasnt bad as we had to go by sheriff's dept to drop off a corrected check for transferring my CCP from old county to this one------I messed up the year on one I gave them last week for me but got his right.  Still need to make trip to county courthouse to get our vehicles on this county's books for personal property tax.  Hopefully we about have all the address changing taken care of.  Even when we think its taken care of its not always.  Got a call from title company today wanting our new address.  I called them with it in Oct.

21 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys how is your foot coming along?  My niece had to have screws in her foot when she was 10. Seems like they were in for a long time.   It was hard getting her around on crutches.  She couldnt go to school for a long time either.  We had to pick up and drop off her assignments. There was a ditch that runs in front of the house which is where she slipped and fell.   Thats bad that your daughters dog treats you like a chew toy.  She really should work with him on the biting.   It will be sad if he bites someone and he gets taken away from her or she gets sued.  

Brenda thanks for asking... I guess I am doing as well as can be expected, but that sucks!. Yes, it is very hard to walk and do anything with those crutches. I still have about 5 more weeks to go...

That dog dos many other bad things. All of her animals are doing whatever they want. Cats are walking on a kitchen counter tops, on a dining room table. To me that is just sick. My daughter thinks everything what they do is cute! LOL

Sounds that you are having good time in your new place. That is great! :)

Krys

It’s been wet and windy here in the UK

Krys hope those 5 weeks go by quickly and its healed by then.  It seemed like forever with my niece.  So have you ever pointed out to your daughter that those cats' feet were in the litter box amongst poop and pee before walking on the table and kitchen counters?   I know they are going to push the limits and get up there but they can be taught not to.

Hi Nikki glad you dropped in.

Mary Jo the 49ers got off plane in party mode and have continued throughout week.  Said some were out clubbing til 4am.  Chiefs have been trying to keep it business as usual and have a curfew. It was interesting that the roads thru parking lot are paved but parking spaces are grass and no tailgating allowed.  

Last night we walked over and listened to a country band.  Skipped the chilidogs.  I like chili but not hotdogs unless they are grilled and have some char on them.  Nothing exciting today.  Just laundry and dh went bowling.  They are saying we might get more snow tonight.  Where is that 60° they keep promising?

Lee the shirt was for the Princess.

Brenda.  I had to laugh at the Niner's were out partying. One reporter said he tried to find KC to ask some questions one on one.  He could not find them, it was like they were hiding.  Anyway, he finally got ahold of Andy, and asked him about the Niner's  and the only thing Andy said was he has respect for the QB, then left.🤣  That is Andy.  We are finally starting to see stuff about the SB.

Cool here, but it looks like a beautiful day in Miami.  We have clouds and a chance of rain.

Steak tonight.

Have a fun day.