katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

good morning, headed to the Y soon

wish the winds would die down,its 40 but feels colder

enjoy your day,big hugs for you,Lea

Mary Jo sounds like we are about as warm as you are.  THATS JUST WRONG!  You live on that part of the map in my mind that is always warm with lots of sunshine.  You did catch the part about the map was in my mind and well sometimes funny things happen in there.

Lea, Wyatt has a grandma that loves him so much she will move heaven and earth to make things be ok.  :hug

Ratdog I watched Scorpion and liked it.

• Like 1

Good Morning everyone.

Yeah we are cold, BUT by Friday we will be close to 80.  Today the sun is shinning and not a cloud in the sky.

Ok, my special project is done and you can find it here.

Lea, Wyatt could not have a better grandmom.  You may just find something to reach him with and I know you will love him with everything you have. 💖

Got two packages ready to be shipped out tomorrow.  My special project and the Pooh Bear.

Have fun today.

Hey Brenda, they were showing Paul Rudd pounding on the Drum Sunday.  Way Cool.  I think they said something about his Dad having that job?

hi all i too just lost a post, but thats ok, maybe its the cold lol  

i cant imagine number one, anyone wanting to crochet something like that, let alone actually using it  how uncouth huh

i had actually forgotten how to put a pic on a post, but finished my i call lit, bailey4 dolly ghan lol  i may start another, not sure yet  i will once again try to post that pic here ok  

000_0635.JPG

• Like 1

Nice little blanket. I like those colors :)

Krys

I walked around with a scarf around my neck and fuzzy socks on.... I was a bit spoiled by the 70 degree weather last week.... even the cats are hiding under the covers its so cold...

Thanks for the kind comments about Wyatt, yes...I would move heaven and earth for him

I have watched the series Eureka, we really liked it!

Lyn, did you finish "when the World Came to NewFoundland"?

working on a C2C blanket today for a grand niece coming in Feb.   Our family is getting so big I need a flow chart...

Love the colors of your blanket Katy

Katy love the blanket.  You do such a good job putting the colors together.

Mary Jo the drum deck is new this year and houses the big drum that they used to wheel onto the field for pregame.    Last Sun's game drum honoree was Clark Hunt and Tony Dipardo Spirit Leader was Paul Rudd just like last year's AFC championship game.  They use different people every game generally former Chiefs player, Royals players, or special guests.  Not sure about Rudd's dad.  I did a search and his dad passed in 2008 and was a vice president at TWA.  He might have been one of the many in the past to have done it.

Another day with snow.  It alternated between snowing really hard and rain multiple times today.  

• Like 1

good morning everyone

Lea,yes I finished The Day the World Came to Town,9/11 in Gander Newfoundland,other communities could learn alot from those town folk,beautiful story at a stressful time.Also finished How the Woman at the Well became the Well Woman by Donna Rhodes.

working on Sweet Tea and Secrets by Nancy Naigle,lovely lady,met her last year at the writer's festival in Suffolk,Is Advance NC near you?she has a farm out that way.

have a great day everyone

Just realized I didnt post a picture of my completed pillow.

1579801450541364887950.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 7:03 PM, bgs said:

They have a prayer shawl ministry here and they meet in the apartment building straight across the street from me.  I turned that one in to them this morning.  They have yarn you can use.  I have plenty of my own yarn to work up but it was nice to be able to pull the gray I needed off their shelf instead of having to buy some.  I needed the gray to break up sections because the colors in  a couple of skeins were noticeably darker.  Bad thing is the chaplain that was instrumental in starting this retired and they are not being given out so they are several ahead. 

That happened at our Prayer Shawl Ministry--they weren't handing the prayer shawls out!  So we just started donating them to some of the local nursing homes!  The ladies (and some guys!!) are really thrilled with them!!!

Ratdog love how it turned out. Like the reminder to pray and not worry.  

Collette nursing home for this place is just across street.  I met a lady that volunteers in assisted living that suggested the nursing home here and assisted living.  I am so new I am just trying to learn how things work and not step on anyone's toes.  Met another lady that quit prayer shawl group and said she was going to make lapghans but when I suggested that to our area manager she thought one group was making them quilts.  

Very thankful today its 37° with drizzle and dense fog.  We had appointments this afternoon that we made back in Nov and the only reason we got today was she had a cancellation.  Another address change taken care of.  Too bad we have to go back in May to renew but she went ahead and made the appointment.  

Ugh! I started developing a cough yesterday and the timing cannot be worse! My husband bought us tickets, weeks ago  for the Sound of Music sing along movie tonight! 

I will be sucking on cough drops and drinking cough syrup all day today trying to rescue my voice! 

Send up a good thought for me. Silly, I know, but Dh and I have been looking forward to this. I also need my voice to sing tomorrow or Sunday but I cant talk about that now. Will fill you in if it actually happens.

Edited by ratdog

Good Morning,

Oh Ratdog, I will be keeping you in my thoughts.  My Mom always gave us Honey and Lemon in Hot Tea.  That use to sooth the throat.  It sounds like a fun place to go.  Walk around with a pad and pencil, so you can save your throat also.

Still cold.  We should get up to 75, but I am still in sweats.

Off to give a clue for the tote.

Ratdog hope you got to feeling better as the day went on.

Mary Jo snapped these for you when we walked over for lunch.20200124_122208.thumb.jpg.d5b968a5e14583973cff4a00ed8c9709.jpg

20200124_122217.thumb.jpg.0fe4db2f380f19dd8081ec93f901c520.jpg

20200124_133521.thumb.jpg.ab33fc2f68a0ae92006e1389f8768e47.jpg

20200124_133538.thumb.jpg.19a460e24d947adebd877a3ec2598bd6.jpg

20200124_133544.thumb.jpg.8c2357815e45c8bdb15a3d01573a086f.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 3:40 PM, bgs said:

Collette nursing home for this place is just across street.  I met a lady that volunteers in assisted living that suggested the nursing home here and assisted living.  I am so new I am just trying to learn how things work and not step on anyone's toes.  Met another lady that quit prayer shawl group and said she was going to make lapghans but when I suggested that to our area manager she thought one group was making them quilts.  

I think any older person specially on wheel  chair would love to get a shawl or a lapghan. Just to keep them warm. And I think that is silly excuse to say: "she thought one group was making them quilts". Look from that she is not even sure. And WHAT would be wrong if some people would get quilt & some crochet Laghan or even BOTH! :).

You guys should be able to crochet whatever you want! :). You might like to talk to other people from that group. One person dos not count much LOL

If not, you can start on your own those Laghans I am sure the others will join you when they would see those older people are happy to get that :).

Krys

Brenda that is a lot of snow. You might need a snow mobile LOL.  Maybe a pair of skies? 

Krys

ohhhhhhhhh,love the snow pictures,we haven't seen one flake this year,but we really could get dumped on in February,it even snowed on Rene's birthday once,and thats March 7th

ratdog, love the pillow.

Thank you Brenda.  I love the pictures.  Isn't it nice that you don't have to shovel it?  You can also walk to where you want to go.

Cold here again and going to get colder.

Got my first Florida strawberries yesterday.  So big, sweet and juicy.

Have fun today.

Oh the tote is in town, maybe it will be delivered today.

Thought I would pop in to say hello. I hope you are all doing well and staying warm.

I just posted  Rose painting I painted for one of my granddaughters.

Would you like to give me a nice compliment?? LOL

Krys

Oh my..snow... Like Lyn we haven;t seen a flake...

Lyn, your new audio book seems interesting..Ill have to look for it... audio books are so great for me when I crochet...

Had breakfast witht he Princess and family today at IHOP... it was okay... bit 40 plus years ago in college it seemed way cooler... now I think my cooking is better,,LOL

Hope everyone is smart, sassy, and hooking :)

Krys beautiful painting.  Gosh you are so talented at so many things.

Mary Jo not shoveling is great.  Dh was able to wait them out this time.  We also figured out if we move the suv out of the drive way over to the parking lot for apartments across street they do a real good job of cleaning the drive. Look at the chocolate chip cookie cake I bought for church fellowship tomorrow so I guess I am taking Patrick Mahomes to lunch tomorrow.  

20200125_201529_HDR.thumb.jpg.d6a98c0464141b4faee35b66ff58d22d.jpg

Hey ya'll I like all the work that you all did. You all did a good work on it.    I have been busy crocheting birthday present. It seems like everyone in my family has a birthday all at one time. So that's what I've been doing. It's to cold to get out. It rained and snowed a little here today. Here in East TN. It got up in the 30's Now back down in the 20's or lower tonight. Not sure. I didn't get to watch weather yet. Any one know of a crochet porcelain patterns. The doll is 25" tall. My sister gave her to me. So I could make a pretty crochet dress on it for my Mom. Oh yea, My Mom turned 89 on Jan 4. And she is at home. And doing good. Thanks for all the prayers. I would appreciate any help to find a crochet dress. I can't afford a high price for one. If you need to see the doll I can show it to you. I just couldn't find one. made with super saver 4-ply yarn is all I got. Have a good night everyone. Take care.

1 hour ago, bgs said:

Krys beautiful painting.  Gosh you are so talented at so many things.

Mary Jo not shoveling is great.  Dh was able to wait them out this time.  We also figured out if we move the suv out of the drive way over to the parking lot for apartments across street they do a real good job of cleaning the drive. Look at the chocolate chip cookie cake I bought for church fellowship tomorrow so I guess I am taking Patrick Mahomes to lunch tomorrow.

Brenda Thank You very much! :)

OMG! I never seen cookie like that. I LOVE the way that looks. I think I would like a piece of that  right now :).

Krys

Way to go Brenda.  Love the cookie.  They have cupcakes and football cakes at the local grocery store.  You take one for the team you like.

Lea, I saw a t-shirt yesterday (trying to find it again) That said "I am not afraid I have a crazy Grandmom and she is Grumpy.  She does not tolerate Stupid and Treats me like a Princess.  If you hurt me They will never find your body."  That is about all I can remember.  When I saw it, I laughed and thought of you.

Snowbird, welcome, glad to see you again.  Now as for the doll, you may be able to take a pattern for a 18" doll and up the hook to make it fit.  I would ask for a picture, but it sounds like you would have to fit the dress on the doll as you make it.  Oh what the heck, give us a picture.

Not much going on here.  Taking the day to rest and relax.  Have a great day.