katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

It's very cold here, too! I'm glad that it's also a good lazy day!

good morning

brrrrrrrrr,we are in the 30's this morning,have a safe and warm day

Good Morning 43 this morning.

CONGRATS to the KC Chiefs for their win yesterday.  Congrats to the 49er's also.  What a game with the Chiefs and Titians.  

Not much going on today.

Boy I feel dumb.  Herrschner's sent an e-mail today with 20% off and 20 Cent shipping on $35 order.  I should of waited before I order my yarn.  I should of thought there would be something special going on.  Oh Well, maybe next year.

Have a fun day.

16° but feels like 5° and it had the audacity to snow this morning.  Thankfully just a dusting.  

Dh went over and got our tickets for Mardi Gras dinner and entertainment.  Then he trekked back over for our tickets to Super Bowl party.  Told him yesterday I was going to be really disappointed if they did not have one here and then we got the email for it about noon today.  Might get my wish about seeing KC win a second one in my lifetime.  Its only been 50 years since the last and only time.  Its kind of a bucket list thing.  One that I have absolutely no control over.

howdy all, icy here too, cold and windy, but the sun is out for his tanning session i guess, isnt it amazing that how far the sub is away from us and we still feel the warmth on our skin  wow  it is about 92.96 or 96.92, million miles away either of those is a way  long way lol  and yet, through all that space, where is is icy cold, the heat still reaches us that is very amazing     

Cold here too for NC, Brenda.... I think I want to move to a place like yours because my friends are not cool enough for Super Bowl or Madi Gras parties..... maybe I just need new friends...LOL

MJ. so glad you are feeling better....

Ratdog, I am thinking about using wither a charm or a birthstone representing each member of the family, not counting the inlaws or my Grams there is 17 of us.... if I am saying prayers at night I usually fall asleep somewhere int he middle of the family if I am naming each one by name and their particular prayer need.... I am thinking with a set of prayer beads I can do that in the a.m. and not forget anyone...

working on the cutest stuffed trains, I'll try and get a picture up...they are for Carter's 2nd bday.... his theme ( I just don't remember themed bdays when I was growing up) is choo choo carter is 2...I am doign the stuffed trains as party favors.

Stay warm everyone... I am off to watch three of the grandsons tomorrow... they live an hour and a half away.... so tomorrow night I will probably hit the bed as soon as I get home...

Good Morning.  Up since 5 and very, very cold.  It is 41 here.

Finished my special project, hope to get pictures today.

Have fun, back under my covers for now.

Good afternoon!

I crocheted 2 keychain Octopus's and now working on a hat.

Then will finish up 2 different diaper bags for daughter. I'm sewing those. 

Looks like the strawberry farmers will be up late tonight.  The freeze is coming further south tonight.  We will not hit freezing, but we will be very close 35.  ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

Back under the covers.

hi all, well we made 1 degree this am, and that is pretty cold here too!! and sun is  out though, trying to help, but i fear his efforts will be fruitless if he is counting on melting anything lol 

did a few things earlier, with the tv in the background, and seems like i got done early lol  

i really got nothing else, so stay warm everyone!!

So far only up to 20° and we had flurries this morning.

This morning dh ran out to our old area for errands so stopped in for a class at our church.  Our neighbor there has a 89th birthday coming up next week so had a present for her.  While he was there he went to our old place to give the cats the cans of food he bought the day after we starting living here.  Miss Hissy and Cleo greeted him.  Gray wasnt around but he tended to hole up somewhere in this kind of weather at that time of day.  They had a big bowl of dry food and are being watered.  I had been worrying about them especially with the bad weather.  

I went to prayer shawl group.  Only one other lady was there.  Chaplains havent been handing them out and they have several ahead so some ladies are dropping out.

I am having some problems today posting and have been getting error messages and time outs.

Lea its a new world for me.  I am the stay at home watch tv and crochet type and not into going out that much. The good thing about these parties is we dont have to do any of the work.  Just buy the tickets which seem pretty reasonable. Mardi gras was $15 which includes dinner---crab cakes, New Orleans red beans and rice, chicken and sausage gumbo, beignets and King cake, a Hurricane cocktail, open bar, masks, beads, games, dancing and entertainment by Jazzy Jazz and the Bayou Boogie Shoes Band.  Tickets to Super Bowl party were $5 and they are going to have wings, rotel dip, little smokies, chips, vegetables and dip, cookies, soda, tea, coffee and a cash bar. Our tickets are going in for a drawing of some sort but havent heard for what.  

Completed a prayer shawl last night.

Edited by bgs

Oh, for Heaven's sake!!!  Surely NOT!!!!

Dear Lord they are really getting out of hand.

We are being told to cover our plants and bring in the pets.  Luckily we are warmer than 1 degree.  Time to get the flannels out to sleep in tonight.

Hey Brenda.  Joe Montanna is saying that he guarantees the 49er's will win.  I guess he is going to play?  :rofl

Just finished watching 5 seasons of Eureka.  It is a show that use to be on TV and is now on Amazon Prime.   It is about a town that is full of Geniuses and the Sherriff is normal.  There is always something going wrong.    It was fun to watch.

29 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Dear Lord they are really getting out of hand.

We are being told to cover our plants and bring in the pets.  Luckily we are warmer than 1 degree.  Time to get the flannels out to sleep in tonight.

Hey Brenda.  Joe Montanna is saying that he guarantees the 49er's will win.  I guess he is going to play?  :rofl

Just finished watching 5 seasons of Eureka.  It is a show that use to be on TV and is now on Amazon Prime.   It is about a town that is full of Geniuses and the Sherriff is normal.  There is always something going wrong.    It was fun to watch.

That's too weird I just finished up over the weekend!!!  I loved that series but never had the chance to watch it end to end. 

That computer here started creating problems..

I tried to post today about DK PaintBox yarns on sale at LoveCraft. Before I got a chance to click on Submit everything ( my post) was gone! to a "thin air", nowhere to be found..! LOL .

I remember last time I got locked out from C'ville same things started happening.

Just need to wait and see WHAT will happen next..? 

About those crochet tampons. Some people just do not know anymore what is funny and what is not.  Some idiot just crossed that line!. That is really sick. Pretty soon they will probably find a way how to crochet condoms. I can see them with a brush painting liquid rubber over them 😁

Krys 

3 hours ago, bgs said:

So far only up to 20° and we had flurries this morning.

This morning dh ran out to our old area for errands so stopped in for a class at our church.  Our neighbor there has a 89th birthday coming up next week so had a present for her.  While he was there he went to our old place to give the cats the cans of food he bought the day after we starting living here.  Miss Hissy and Cleo greeted him.  Gray wasnt around but he tended to hole up somewhere in this kind of weather at that time of day.  They had a big bowl of dry food and are being watered.  I had been worrying about them especially with the bad weather.  

I went to prayer shawl group.  Only one other lady was there.  Chaplains havent been handing them out and they have several ahead so some ladies are dropping out.

I am having some problems today posting and have been getting error messages and time outs.

Lea its a new world for me.  I am the stay at home watch tv and crochet type and not into going out that much. The good thing about these parties is we dont have to do any of the work.  Just buy the tickets which seem pretty reasonable. Mardi gras was $15 which includes dinner---crab cakes, New Orleans red beans and rice, chicken and sausage gumbo, beignets and King cake, a Hurricane cocktail, open bar, masks, beads, games, dancing and entertainment by Jazzy Jazz and the Bayou Boogie Shoes Band.  Tickets to Super Bowl party were $5 and they are going to have wings, rotel dip, little smokies, chips, vegetables and dip, cookies, soda, tea, coffee and a cash bar. Our tickets are going in for a drawing of some sort but havent heard for what.  

Completed a prayer shawl last night.

Do you donate those Prayer Shawls? or just for you to wear that?.

Krys

Mary Jo dont forget Joe Montana ended his career as a KC Chief so he can guarantee his team (what I heard was he just said "his" team) will win.  I was never thrilled KC signed him.  Thats why I keep saying we will lose Mahomes and wind up with Brady yet.  Well maybe not.  They finally fired that gm.  

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/joe-montana-his-team-win-super-bowl-liv

Edited by bgs

It was back to work today and then a stop at walmart. I have a load of laundry in the dryer and I'm feeling a little tired so I think the rest of the evening will be spent crocheting.

We are currently at 56 degrees and expect a low of 42 tonight, this is cold for south Florida, I want my warm weather back.

I hope you are all staying safe and warm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USpolishgirl said:

Do you donate those Prayer Shawls? or just for you to wear that?.

Krys

They have a prayer shawl ministry here and they meet in the apartment building straight across the street from me.  I turned that one in to them this morning.  They have yarn you can use.  I have plenty of my own yarn to work up but it was nice to be able to pull the gray I needed off their shelf instead of having to buy some.  I needed the gray to break up sections because the colors in  a couple of skeins were noticeably darker.  Bad thing is the chaplain that was instrumental in starting this retired and they are not being given out so they are several ahead. 

Brenda I do know what you mean when you just need a little of different color yarn to be able to finish that project. And you do not have that in your stash :(.

Right now I need a very small amount of DK Gray color yarn for applique. And I do not have it :(. That whole Baby blanket will need to wait....

That is why I find out today about that Sale on PaintBox yarns.  So I bought 70 Bucks of that DK yarn. Do I need all of that..??, I only needed 1 skein of gray!. Hmm??. I guess that is how it goes with those Sales and Free shipping (60 bucks or over).

BUT, all those colors are sooo beautiful! LOL 

Krys

Well, good for me... I don't use crochet tampons....😋 Actually its been 11 years since I have even seen a tampon... Guess I am ahead of the curve!

Sooo cold here, watched 3 of the grands today..... I cried all the way home, the older Wyatt gets the more his autism really comes through,  the once cuddly baby now will sit, but his sensory issues are huge... plus at last testing, his speech is like an 18 month old...and he will be 5 in May.... I want his life to be perfect , for him to feel joy and peace and happiness.... to laugh......ahh well, I'll just take what I can get and give 100% more.....my sweet boy

Think I'll go scrounge up a cat to cuddle and tuck myself under the covers......its been a long day...

I think I will check out Eureka. It sounds like something I would enjoy.

If you like shows about geniuses solving problems check out Scorpion.

Working today in the Infant room. Or "choir practice" as I like to call it.

Have a great day everyone.

Got an extra hour sleep this morning.  Slept till 6, it is 34.  Still freezing, for Florida anyway.  I also want my warm weather back.

Pictures taken yesterday, so will post today.

Back under the covers.