katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

good morning

heading to the Y again today,for another 4X's around track,will try for 5 X's next week

it rained overnight,still mild,50- 60,have a wonderful day

A warm 42° headed towards 50° but very damp out from last nights rain.  Big adventure for the morning was mailing a package at the grocery store.  It is closer and easier to get to than our PO.  Hours are better too 630am until 9 maybe 10pm cant remember which.

Lyn dh has taken off to dulcimer practice.  I get almost 3 hours of peace and quiet.  

Lyn, congrats.... I really wish we lived close to a track, the highschool doesn't allow walkers any more... walking on our street... well... its in the middle of no where... bear, rabid foxes... wild dogs.... lets just say dh packs a pistol and a big stick every morning when he walks the dog... I'd walk with him too except I am a foot shorter then he is and I can't keep up with his stride... I do have an exercise bike  that has the dog blankets on it in the spare room...and a bit of dust..

..Oh Brenda, we have been using the old urine trick for years... not just for the deer but also for the nitrogen...these deer are something else... caught one drinking out of hte barn cats water dish the other day when we have a creek  where they can drink all the water they want !  What is this world coming too? Next thing you know the barn cats will be wanting canned food instead of dry...LOL

Had lunch with MIL today, she is doing good... My Grams at a 100 and a half just went for her yearly physical and cholesterol check... they told her she was good for another year..

Weather has been warm here.... waiting for the winter shoe to drop...

Day at home tomorrow to crochet and clean.... I am making amagurumi  trains for my grandson's 2nd bday party... done with the bodies, need to put the wheels and smoke stacks on this week... listening to Escape on audio book about a woman who escaped with her 8 children form FLDS...

Hope everyone is well, ratdog, you have inspired me to make a prayer bracelet for my family...good idea...

Hugs everyone...and just to make you smile... look who got new boots for Christmas....  the Princess!

cowboy boots.jpg

Oh Lea princess is beautiful and love her boots!!

Whats a prayer bracelet? Do you have pictures?

Owlvamp

Its on pg 68 about mid page, A January 3rd post by Ratdog that shows the rosary

10 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Hope everyone is well, ratdog, you have inspired me to make a prayer bracelet for my family...good idea...

I cant wait to see what you come up with. There are so many ways to use beads and jewelry in prayer.

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

oh drat,the time just turned to noon,so good afternoon,was busy listening to a thriller and time got away from me

this our last day of semi warmth,the bottom falls out tomorrow,hello 30's,nothing like a 30-40 drop in temps to get you movin

enjoy your day

My replacement piece came from sacred art jewelry so I finished my rosary. I call it my golden lasso! 

1579202653466-44153134.jpg

Ratdog its beautiful.

Lyn the 24° here today feels pretty chilly because of the wind and no sun.  Expecting freezing rain later.  Think I will pass on an extended walk today.  I could go walk the halls of the buildings but feel more like just watching tv and working a prayer shawl.  Besides he is off to bowling so another couple of hours of peace and quiet.  

Lea love the photo of your Princess in her boots.  Sounds like its time to fill the freezer with venison.  It makes the best chili.  Dh was giving our barn cats some canned food along with dry.  The only reason he did not leave canned food along with the dry for neighbor to feed them is because he was afraid they would let them eat it straight from the can.  He has sliced his finger too many times on those cans cleaning them that he didnt want them getting hurt licking food out of the can.   Not too sure he hasnt slipped back out there to see them because I found the receipt where he has purchased canned cat food dated after we left out there.

Last night we went to one of the special event dinners.  Salad, chicken supreme, penne pasta, cheese cake, glass of wine, and a jazz concert $10 each and best of all used our dining credit.  Food and service was really good and equivalent to going to a very nice restaurant.  

oh my what a cutie, and that part doggie, i want her she looks what i can see of her in the pic anyway,  anyway, like my girl Ginger!!

well bgs that is cute, that he is feeding the kitties anyway lol  i would not doubt he bought some paper plates too lol 

very nice jewelry too!!

pizza night, so we have just gotten it ready for the oven , all to do now is bake it, and then eat it lol    

take care please, we are probably getting freezing rain overnight, everyone stay safe ok  later all  

Hello.

I've missed a couple days. I hope you are all doing well and staying warm. I'm keeping busy with work and looking forward to a 3 day weekend.

I hope you all have an enjoyable evening.

good morning off to the Y,enjoy your day

Good Morning.

Love the picture of the Princess Lea, she is adorable and her boots are precious.

The roseries are beautiful.

Been down for a few days.  Don't know what hit me, but it was fast and lasted about 3 days.  I am so tired of soup.

Been working on a special project that should be done in a couple of days.

Well, I am back to the couch.

Have a fun day.

Oh Today is Tribbble79's birthday.  I posted it in the Birthday thread.

We havent seen Tribble around for awhile.  Maybe us all thinking about her in unison will remind her to check in.

We are covered in ice this morning.  The guys treated sidewalks, driveways, and streets yesterday but I imagine most of it washed away.  Sidewalk is so nice and shiney.   It would be safer walking in the grass.

Mary Jo glad you are feeling better.

Mary Jo sorry to hear you were sick, glad you're feeling better.

Brenda be careful with all that ice.

I worked today and then headed to my daughter's, we all went out for dinner and now we are just relaxing and chatting.

Good Morning.

Be careful is you go out.  Whatever hit me, hit fast, but luckily only lasted about 3/4 days.

We are a little cool, but going up near 80 today.  

Off to my corner.

Have a fun day.

howdy all, icy here too, cold and windy, but the sun is out for his tanning session i guess, isnt it amazing that how far the sub is away from us and we still feel the warmth on our skin  wow  it is about 92.96 or 96.92, million miles away either of those is a way  long way lol  and yet, through all that space, where is is icy cold, the heat still reaches us that is very amazing     

We had the  yuck weather here, too. Snow yesterday turned to icy rain and then rain overnight. Now the temperature keeps dropping and now it's all a sheet of ice out there. Yuck!!!

Good Morning.

I was awake way early than I wanted to be and couldn't go back to sleep. So I did some reading and crocheting. No plans for today so it should be a relaxing day.

I hope you are staying safe and warm.