katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

We've had rain all day and the temperature is dropping fast. Perfect day to hang out with my girls and work on hats for a project my friend is doing!

:roflI think you can buy it somewhere, I know you can buy dry blood.  :rofl I forgot about the urine.

7 hours ago, ratdog said:

You cant see the detail but these are Beauty and the Beast pennies

15787588691431564396098.jpg

I like your bracelet. My grandkids like collecting the pressed pennies.

4 hours ago, bgs said:

I told dh to go out and mark my trees.  We started urinating in a container and dribbling it on the trees

That's hilarious!!

To all animal lovers, they need you help.

Here is a video I would like to share with all of you. I can not even think about all those poor animals :(

That huge fire in Australia  killed millions of animals (1 billion est.). Many of them are still a life but they are very sick & need help..

Please share that Video in other groups, your friends & family.

Donations are needed. They will know what to buy for those animals. Because they know what they need

Krys

I hope you are all enjoying your day. I headed out early for church and stopped at the grocery store. I've put together breakfasts and lunches for a couple of days so now I am going to do some hand sewing and crocheting.

Have a great day!

Spent some time this morning helping my friend organize and put away the Church Christmas decorations. Not much else going on today. Quiet Sunday.

l am afraid i have nothing quite as good today, but the day is going good so far  they called for more snow but nothing  which is good lol  im all for less snow  ugh 

Laugh of the day award goes to Brenda! !rofl!!  

oh krys, i cant watch those kinds of things, i always have to quick flip the channel when those shelter animals commercials come on, or leave the room muting the sound  just cant do it   

I really dont even want to think about it😒  

Holly baby, good to see you woman, we thought you went like to mars or something to check out the yarn supplies there lol  welcome back to earth, and the ville!!!!!   

ratdog how nice of you to help out!!

well im getting stuff ready to cook so ill check you all later or tomorrow take care all!!😁

Mars would be a nice escape! Life is just a little crazy sometimes!

3 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

oh krys, i cant watch those kinds of things, i always have to quick flip the channel when those shelter animals commercials come on, or leave the room muting the sound  just cant do it   

I really dont even want to think about it😒  

I can not watch horrible things like that either. Each time they are showing on TV those poor animals on TV I need to change the channel, because I know I can not do anything about that to help. I forgot the name of that animal rescue people, they are always showing those poor sick abandoned animals, sometimes they are chained to a tree left with no food or water. I am so angry at those horrible people :(.. I would put each of them to jail for many years..!!. I would punish them same as they would harm a little child!

Couple years ago I did donated to that group on TV 100 Bucks.  about one month later my daughter told me that is a very bad "animal rescue group" (it was on TV). LESS than 10% of all donated money was only. going to help those animals. According to me all those people who are running that place should go to jail too!!

Just because they call them self's "NONE PROFIT group or organization" do not ever assume that your money will help. Those crooks have a way to clean up all that money for their pay checks and other expenses for them self's until they 'clean up" that account there is nothing left each months or by the end of each year. That includes crooked deals and ghost payrolls and on....

I am sending money twice a year to two animal shelters (none kill) in Wisconsin where my daughter lives. she knows those shelters very well. They are good group of people and they do taking care those animals very well. And I donate money to Salvation Army. They run those places very well almost 90% of all donated money goes to help those people in need.

Some people are trying to help those animals in Australia by crocheting/knitting stuff. Well most of that could  not be used. That group on FB dos not want anymore of that crochet stuff. Some people there got a very big imaginations... what Koalas would need..?. They came up telling people to crochet MITTENS for Koalas. When I read that I knew that was crazy!. Those animals would not be able to keep mittens on!. Try to put a mittens on your dog or cat you will see what would happen in a few seconds LOL.. Those animals need band-aids wrapped on their paws/legs with medications. NOT MITTENS! Geez!.

I will need to look at that video again. I need to write down that hospital name and maybe a rescue group. I want to send them some money. Those fires been going on for very long time...I think they started in September :(.

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

good morning,going to the Y this morning,have the membership,so might as well use it

its raining,I finished 2 of the 3 books I mentioned the other day,have an hour left on the Newfoundland one

enjoy the day

Moving slow this morning.  Ground is white but streets and sidewalks are clear.  I did not step outside into the stuff Sat and Sun.  Dh used dial a ride yesterday to take him to the church on campus.  Our church cancelled.  This morning he took dial a ride to a class he signed up for.  I took advantage of my stay in time to catch up on laundry.

Mary Jo did you survive football this weekend?  I thought my heart was going to stop a few times Sun afternoon.  We get to dream another week.

• Like 1

Waiting on my package to be delivered so I can finish my Rosary.

I will try and start my embroidery project. Just trying to decide on the final design

This is the design i decided on for my pillow cover. The pocket will have either "Pray Always" or "Rosary" or something like that on it. For holdi g a prayer card , rosary, etc.

I am going to embroider the design. The pillow is 10x10

1578940075912-1738903961.jpg

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Moving slow this morning.  Ground is white but streets and sidewalks are clear.  I did not step outside into the stuff Sat and Sun.  Dh used dial a ride yesterday to take him to the church on campus.  Our church cancelled.  This morning he took dial a ride to a class he signed up for.  I took advantage of my stay in time to catch up on laundry.

Mary Jo did you survive football this weekend?  I thought my heart was going to stop a few times Sun afternoon.  We get to dream another week.

Ok I have finally calmed down.  I swear that they were trying to stop my heart.  I was ready to change channels, when they started to remember how to play. DH was ready and yelling to fire Big Red.  That is how mad he was.  He kept saying how typical this was of his teams.  They get your hopes up and drops them to the ground.

Someone mentioned it this morning, and I never thought about it, then it was like a lightbulb :idea going off.  If you watch Mahoney, he never gets mad when they drop balls or mess something up.  He just smiles or smirks. It is amazing.  

Well we have a week to get the hearts together till next week.

Not much going on.  Quite warm here.

Have a fun day.

Got my package and they sent the wrong piece. So disappointed.

I contacted the company aboit it and now waiting for the response

So my rosary will have to wait . This is the only place online that has the centerpiece I want so I have no option other than to hope they can fix my order.

sorry they sent the wrong stuff and hope that they can fix the order

Mary Jo from what I see and hear Mahomes is an all around amazing person.   Seems to have great attitude. He doesnt dwell on the dropped balls or whatever.  Its in the past so lets move on to next play.  We can do this. In interviews he never says anything negative about anything a teammate did.  Its either "we" missed an opportunity or "I" need to do better.  

Ratdog sorry they messed up your order.  I like your embroidery design.

Edited by bgs

Hello.

Not much happening here today just work and a couple of errands. 

Brenda and Katy be careful in that white stuff.

Ratdog I'm sorry they messed up your order, it's so disappointing when you're waiting and get the wrong thing. Hopefully they will fix the order.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

29 minutes ago, cshort said:

Hello.

Not much happening here today just work and a couple of errands. 

Brenda and Katy be careful in that white stuff.

Ratdog I'm sorry they messed up your order, it's so disappointing when you're waiting and get the wrong thing. Hopefully they will fix the order.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Made it to 46° today so a lot has melted.

second day in the 70's here but next Wednesday not getting above 30

Brenda thank you for the card and wonderful letter,I owe you one,I did correct the address in my crochetville book,glad it got to you with my blooper.

went to Y today did the track,went around 4 X's ugh,Rene' said 12 to 14 laps make a mile,I'll just have to work up to that,after 4 couldn't feel my feet,so figured it was best to stop

Have to go into work today. I will be in the infant rooms which I affectionately refer to as Choir Practice. There are times when babies get tired and cranky and they start "singing" together.

I still love them all.

good morning

hats for pantry Tuesday  14, Rene' 12, Lyn 2, they will probably sit for a week,right now with 60 degrees.

next drop on Jan.28

rainy,temps dipping but not by much,have a good day

The company is sending me the correct centerpiece and a prepaid return envelope for the incorrect piece they sent. Very happy with this customer service. sacred art jewelry in florida. 

Lyn, 4 laps is a good start! Its 4 more than I did today😄

Be patient with yourself.

Lyn 2 hats and 4 laps equal good.  Its a slow go for me crocheting.  Almost have another doll blanket done but the squares were already done.  Went to prayer shawl group this morning and have started one. Walked to lunch and back.  Then took a long walk later but dont know how far it was.  We walked thru more buildings trying to orient where more things are.