katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Good Morning.  Still cold here and not suppose to go above 75 all week.  :wgrin

Finishing up changing over from Christmas to January.

Not much going on.

Have a fun day.

It's snowing here!  It's not suppose to do that.  Not sticking to the road yet, just in the grass so far.

good afternoon

catching up on reading ( audio ) three different stories,one is the Crawdads,the other is Kitchen House, and lastly one called When the World came to Town the story of Newfoundland on 9/11,none are my usual romance that I usually read

Cloudy and windy here today but it is 61° out.  Its going to drop down into the teens with a fair chance of freezing rain and then snow on top of it late Fri or Sat unless the forecast changes.  

hello all, bgs, what a pretty dolly ghan i am inspired now, im going to start one lol thanks..  i was wondering what to do next, as i have my box full now of 6 and 8 inch squares for Pam all packed up, they number just short of 100 in all  i got the last few barely in, then quick sealed up the  box and will mail later on, but tired of working so many now, lol so ill make a dolly ghan to keep busy lol  thanks for the inspiration!!

expecting snow tomorrow probably just flurries,  which is a ok with me lol 

note to all, snow bears mom is in the hospital and she is hoping for our prayers for mom     

gong to be a cold one the next few days i think for us here anyway    

well i guess that is all i got so far, ill be back tomorrow with the inch -age of snow lol  stay safe and healthy all   tata!!

Hello.

Sounds like you are all keeping busy and doing well. 

I've been busy with work and caring for my little granddaughter the past 2 days. Today it was work and a couple quick stops on the way home. I thought I was going to do some paper work and sewing tonight but I'm feeling really tired so it might be tv and crochet until I fall asleep.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening.

6 hours ago, pineknott said:

good afternoon

catching up on reading ( audio ) three different stories,one is the Crawdads,the other is Kitchen House, and lastly one called When the World came to Town the story of Newfoundland on 9/11,none are my usual romance that I usually read

I read When the World came to town. I loved it. I hope you will too.

It is no wonder we are all sick.  Yesterday we were in sweats, today will be shorts and t-shirts.  It is 70 now and going up to 80.  Welcome to Florida.

Good Morning.  Sun is out and it is bright.

Not a busy day, so I hope to get more crocheting done.

Have a fun day.

was out the door early for a podiatry nail trim,went to the dollar stores,they all don't carry the same stuff

we are headed to 70 and 77 degrees in the next few days who knew we were going to have Florida weather in mid January,boy we won't know how act when 20 degrees comes to town,enjoy your day

Happy Friday! 

Mary Jo are you getting the strong winds too? They've been really strong here for a couple of days, I really thought it would mess up my sinus but so far I've been ok.

I'm hoping to get some sewing done this weekend. 

Hope you all have a great evening.

well its snowing lol  candle has been lit since noon or so, supposed to get from 2-4 inches, windy, blowing snow, yada yada yada ;lol  its 20 out now, but low of 8 on the way   thats  our weather, lol      shiver!!  

worked in the kitchen most of yesterday doing counters and cupboards, and the fridge too, so today, im resting lol  

1 hour ago, cshort said:

Happy Friday! 

Mary Jo are you getting the strong winds too? They've been really strong here for a couple of days, I really thought it would mess up my sinus but so far I've been ok.

I'm hoping to get some sewing done this weekend. 

Hope you all have a great evening.

Not getting the winds yet. Suppose to come in, but we have gotten some strong winds about twice.  It was like a gust, then nothing then a gust and finally nothing.  We are suppose to warm up and get some strong winds.  We shall see, if we hit 80 not.

When the World Came to Town is a great book, I read it last year...Currently I am on an FLDS kick reading ESCAPED interesting but a bit creepy

...Let me be honest about the water sounds thread..... I'd have to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes if that were the sound... one night we were in a motel and dh put on a sound machine of rain... I told him I would be up and down all night...LOL....

I finally did a youtube video about my crochet projects so far this year...I think the link is in my signature if you want to peek..

Do you know how I have been getting my exercise the last couple days?  Getting up and down letting the durn dogs in and out... for some reason out here in the middle of no where the deer think our property is a safe haven... they can even jump the 5 ft fence and come up tp the deck which drives the dogs insane, which in turn drives me insane... I am not communing with nature very well...

Weather is suppose to turn balmy the next couple days. dh asked me if I was going to turn the garden fr this year... I told him I didn't want to spend all that time making deer food... you know they can't just take a cucumber and eat it..they have to take a bite out of each one... dh better come up with a fort knox or it will be the farmrers market this year..

Good evening!

Oh my I love the thunder and rain.The louder the better! I sleep so well through it. I want a tin roof!!

Heavy rains and loud thunder earlier today.  Temps have plummeted and now we have ice.  Snow to follow.

good morning

I have been up since 5:45,decided to just get up and start my day,second cup of coffee,book on audio.

its going to be in the 70's today 35 degrees above normal,the weather lady said and when will we see winter? She thinks it will be upon us in 2 weeks. enjoy your day

Good Morning.

I was up early and started the laundry. I dropped the car off about 7:30 for an oil change. Now to see what kind of fun I can find, maybe some sewing and then some crocheting.

Have a great day!

Suppose to get up to 85 today.  The strong winds are on the other side of the state.

Doing wash this morning and trying to find a 10 inch doll that is NOT a baby doll.  I had one, but when I took her out of the package, her hair staid in the package.  Can't outfit that doll.

Lea, have you thought about putting a lid over the garden, so they can't get to it?  I gave up on flowers in the garden, as the rabbits kept eating them.  They would only eat the flower and not the stem or anything.  I even put marigolds around that is suppose to keep them away, but they found a way to get to them, so like the bird feeder and squirrels I gave up, they won.

Well the dryer is calling me.

Have fun today. 

It is windy here this morning. Just got back from a meeting with our financial advisor. DH is about 10-12 years out from retirement so we need to get a handle on things. Our youngest graduates college in April so the picture changes for us a bit.

No crochet going on. Waiting on some pieces I ordered to finish my most recent Rosary. Made a bracelet the other day using Disney pressed pennies. I have an embroidery project I want to get to this week as well.

You cant see the detail but these are Beauty and the Beast pennies

15787588691431564396098.jpg

got a dusting of snow it seems, sure was pretty while it lasted though!! wind was up too 

and then today, sun was so bright, i had to slant my blinds upwards to avoid the glare lol  

im not complaining mind you, just saying lol  

Found my wrist bands, started that doll blankee yesterday, and when i stopped my wrists hurt, so will wear the bands today if i work on it more  its a good size, but want to mike it at least 24 to 26 inches square, just a big granny  square, and in blues, and aquas, with white  i seldom get to use the white or pastels making squares lol so will follow   my own color scheme on this lol   

it goes fast though and im sure the wrists will survive it lol   

seeing bgs pretty ghan gave me the inspiration to do one lol  and, the big one piece granny is a whole lot easier than sewing a bunch of them together for me anyway lol  ill pic it when it is

completed  first project of the year  well, besides the squares, and they are a constant lol like to stay in practice, in fact it felt odd doing the granny square, and not doing it in a solid pattern instead if the reg granny lol  must be more diverse lol  ill probably put a shell border around the blankee when im done we will see   

i think ill do the big vacuuming in the craft  room today so ill go for now  see ya soon, enjoy your day!! 

Edited by katyallen8090

61° on Thurs is now but a pleasant memory.  Its 18° out and snowing heavily.  Now to see how much we get.  

Ratdog I love the idea of making a bracelets with those.  Wonder where my little collection of those coins are now.

Katy I have a bag of little granny squares.  I used to grab the bits and ball and make squares and threw them in a bag until I had enough to make a ghan.  I do not sew squares together but do a join as you go when making last round.  Now I am using the squares to make doll blankets which is great.

Ok Lea dont know if this suggestion will work for you but it  worked for stopping bucks from raking on my pine trees up in the field.  I had set them out when they were little seedings just 3 or 4 inches tall.  Then when they grew and got pretty bucks were tearing them up.  This idea occurred to me after listening to everything neighbor did to hide and eliminate his scent when deer hunting and I had seen adds in seed catalogues for wolf urine (side note how in the heck do they collect wolf urine but I did have a neighbor and his name is Wolf short for Wolfgang) to keep deer away.  I told dh to go out and mark my trees.  We started urinating in a container and dribbling it on the trees.  

now after I stopped laughing my head off Bgs,the question is did it work?

1 minute ago, pineknott said:

now after I stopped laughing my head off Bgs,the question is did it work?

Seemed to work.   After we started doing that each year I didnt have any more trees damaged.  It didnt cost anything to try.