katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Nice day today. Caught up with my friend over lunch. She had a rough 2019 but things are looking better for 2020.

I bought a few things at Joanns. Some jewelry supplies for a rosary I am making. I just need to order the centerpiece and crucifix. 

I also got some fabric to have another scrub top made for work.

I bought some felt and buttons to turn a black and red tote bag (gift from my coworker) into a Mickey bag for Disney.

Mary Jo great on the A1C and 2 pounds.  Tell me your secret as I need to lose weight.

Lyn, Rene´ has been (and will continue to be) in my thoughts and prayers knowing holidays are hard and date was rapidly approaching of when he passed.  

Katy you can also include yarn along with the squares you mail to Pam so she can use it to join squares or make squares to finish out ghans she is putting together.

Yesterday we went out for Chinese late lunch early dinner.  When we got back I was so tired I laid down on my pillows in the floor and fell asleep for 6 hours and then got up to write some thank you notes I am running late on.  Dh made a point to lecture me on staying up late and then sleeping late which of course didnt sit very well because after all why does it really matter?  I generally stay in bed or on my pillow pile in the morning to stay out of the way of his morning routine.  Told him I would really love to be up by 6am running wash, vacuuming, and clanging around but I dont because of him.This morning I was up, showered, dressed, had my breakfast and cleaned my dishes a good hour before he got up.  

Trying to get caught up on a few things.  This is the doll sopo sent me.

20200102_182042.thumb.jpg.01be8b2b4d80ce98b441a0753915154c.jpg

20200102_182025.thumb.jpg.2b5323df80c19621143a37783ed2e16e.jpg

• Like 1

Cute doll :).

I love her hands-fingers LOL

Krys

Brenda the doll is adorable.

We went to Hobby Lobby and Joann's yesterday so I could get the supplies for Baby Yoda along with some other things. Then we came home and I started and finished my first crochet project of 2020. 

1517954428_2-2-20yoda.thumb.jpg.5f0acbe731fa3aba2a63df554bfd3730.jpg

We don't have any plans today so maybe I will work on the unicorn sweater that I started last month.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Love the doll Brenda.  I don't know what the secret is, except since the Dr. changed my diabetic medicine, I have been losing some weight.  I am also not eating as much.  Welcome to the world of retired DH.  Best is just say ah huh and move on.  

Love the yoda, but can you tell me what the heck is going on with baby yoda.  Seems like everywhere I go, there is baby yoda.  Everyone is making them.

Quite day today, not much going on.  

Well, off to my corner.

Have a great day and enjoy your weekend.

Carol congrats on your first project for 2020.  I love your Baby Yoda and like Mary Jo am seeing it everywhere.  Hope to go see the movie before long and then maybe I will know why its so popular.

Mary Jo thanks for the advice.  Hoping to get him signed up for so many activities that I can get back to doing things I did on my own for years without all the "helpful" comments. 

Bgs ... baby yoda (the child) is from the Disney+ series The Madalorian it is not from the Rise of Skywalker movie.

As for me I am catching up on projects for which I had materials but no motivation.

Latest is a Rosary with beads spelling out the names of our family.

1578069227728-44153134.jpg

15780692539141564396098.jpg

Ratdog thanks because I had no idea!

Thanks Brenda, MaryJo and Ratdog. I'm not much of a Star Wars fan and neither is my daughter but the Baby Yoda is pretty cute, my granddaughter saw it this morning so now I'm working on a second Baby Yoda. My son-in-law and grandson went to see the new Star Wars movie at the theater today. 

Love love baby yoda!! I believe it's ever where cause of the movie coming out !

Posted (edited)

cute doll and yoda and what a pretty beaded rosary  everyone has been so busy lol  

i just got in from the dr appt, 6 month thing and i was worried about this one as i thought i way over my 6.0 what with the holidays and all but lost a few pounds too, and my ac1 is as usual, 6.0  thank goodness, i told him  my friends were all higher than that and why and he said, cos you have a good dr lol.. and more good news, i dont have to prick my finger anymore lol less i feel bad, and i never do, so keeping the meter and test strips out lol  but dont have to use them much hopefully  lol  

so 202o is starting out great here lol so far anyway ..fist bumps all around!!oh and i finally got my flu shot, better late than never lol  dr office canceled on me twice, so i didnt get one when i should have in november but all done now    

Neighbor just called to borrow some printer paper, course im out too, as i never have used my printer since the kids put new ink in lol  will typing paper work i asked him, he said he didnt know so i said i have some of that somewhere so will look for it soon when i find it lol  and have handy run it over when he gets back from the grocery store, we are celebrating good dr visit with a chilli dog with cheese tonight lol  

we were gonna have mashed potato bowls at kfc, but decided we,d have that at lunch tomorrow lol  

just seems like a chilli dog evening today lol  

what about this Iraq thing, does this mean another 9 eleven could happen??or worse??  hope there is a plan..  

all for now gotta look for that typing paper lol  

Edited by katyallen8090

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, bgs said:

Mary Jo thanks for the advice.  Hoping to get him signed up for so many activities that I can get back to doing things I did on my own for years without all the "helpful" comments. 

Brenda did you got a chance to try your swimming pool? :)

That is a great idea to keep your husband busy (off your back)...LOL

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

17 hours ago, owlvamp said:

Love love baby yoda!! I believe it's ever where cause of the movie coming out !

Thanks! I'm not sure that Baby Yoda is in the new movie, I'll have to ask my grandson or son-in-law because they went to see it yesterday. I think Baby Yoda is in a program called Mandalorian on Disney+. But he is definitely very popular and apparently Disney wasn't prepared for him to be such a hit, there are waiting list to purchase Baby Yoda merchandise.

16 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

cute doll and yoda and what a pretty beaded rosary  everyone has been so busy lol  

i just got in from the dr appt, 6 month thing and i was worried about this one as i thought i way over my 6.0 what with the holidays and all but lost a few pounds too, and my ac1 is as usual, 6.0  thank goodness, i told him  my friends were all higher than that and why and he said, cos you have a good dr lol.. and more good news, i dont have to prick my finger anymore lol less i feel bad, and i never do, so keeping the meter and test strips out lol  but dont have to use them much hopefully  lol  

so 202o is starting out great here lol so far anyway ..fist bumps all around!!oh and i finally got my flu shot, better late than never lol  dr office canceled on me twice, so i didnt get one when i should have in november but all done now    

Neighbor just called to borrow some printer paper, course im out too, as i never have used my printer since the kids put new ink in lol  will typing paper work i asked him, he said he didnt know so i said i have some of that somewhere so will look for it soon when i find it lol  and have handy run it over when he gets back from the grocery store, we are celebrating good dr visit with a chilli dog with cheese tonight lol  

we were gonna have mashed potato bowls at kfc, but decided we,d have that at lunch tomorrow lol  

just seems like a chilli dog evening today lol  

what about this Iraq thing, does this mean another 9 eleven could happen??or worse??  hope there is a plan..  

all for now gotta look for that typing paper lol  

Thank you. Congrats on the good news from the doctor. Chili dogs are always good.

Good Morning.

It's quiet here as everyone is asleep except my son-in-law who had to be at work early today for a conference. So I'm enjoying my coffee and some computer time. I finished the 2nd Baby Yoda for my granddaughter and started 2 more for my grandson and son-in-law, I'm hoping to finish them before I leave for home tomorrow. I'll have to run to Joann's later to get some more eyes. That's about it for my corner of the world. Have a great day!

Congrats on the A1C Katy, great way to start the new year.  Oh how I wish I could get that way.  I am just happy that I am not on insulin.  At this age my whole family was.

Off this morning to get the hair cut.  We are sweating now, but suppose to get very cold later today, once the rain runs thru.

First games of the Playoffs today.  This should be fun.

Have a great day.

Mary Jo have not made it in pool yet.  I have started trying to get out and walk. Its great having sidewalks everywhere. I think I will be able to walk to big indoor pool.  Have been walking to lunch and back.  Thurs walked around main part of golf course.  I did go scope out where the locker rooms were for the small indoor pool, saw the bowling alley and one of the areas with pool tables.  I never played pool and bending over things like that makes my back hurt.  Last time I bowled it hurt my back.  Yesterday morning we had a visitation to go to.  It was the dr that all of us at the party last night had worked with for 20 years or more 20 some years ago.  Then we had our party last night.  Neighborhood brunch/meeting this morning.  

3 hours ago, bgs said:

Mary Jo have not made it in pool yet.  I have started trying to get out and walk. Its great having sidewalks everywhere. I think I will be able to walk to big indoor pool.  Have been walking to lunch and back.  Thurs walked around main part of golf course.  I did go scope out where the locker rooms were for the small indoor pool, saw the bowling alley and one of the areas with pool tables.  I never played pool and bending over things like that makes my back hurt.  Last time I bowled it hurt my back.  Yesterday morning we had a visitation to go to.  It was the dr that all of us at the party last night had worked with for 20 years or more 20 some years ago.  Then we had our party last night.  Neighborhood brunch/meeting this morning.  

That was me asking about that swimming pool :)

Sounds like you can get very busy there if you want to..

Krys

Krys

good going on the A1c's everyone,wish I knew what made mine drop,wonder if garlic and onions has anything to do with it,been eating alot of that along with garbanzo beans,I try to watch the fat and greasy foods,and what does Bill make the day before bloodwork,BLT's

Brenda love the doll!...and cshort, love the Baby yoda...

We went out to lunch with the inlaws for New Years Day, dh went to bed about 7:30 New Years Eve... I went to bed at 10:00 and we both woke up at midnight with the neighbors shooting off shotguns....got a kiss from hubby, went to the bathroom and fell back to sleep.... Such a party animal! LOL

So, we meet with the lawyer this month about selling one of the pieces of property we own.... might owner finance for some passive income...

Heading up to Va  tomorrow to visit some friends for the evening.... makes it sound so far away....LOL... only about a half hour..

Crocheting a baby blanket for a new grand niece due in Feb, almost done with a ghan  for my bestie that was suppose to be a Christmas present... I played yarn chicken and with 4 rows to go I ran out of Mandala color way  Kelpie... now I am having a hard time finding it!  I hate to order from Amazon because its 8.00 more then I paid originally...

Good to see everyone remaining healthy to start off the New Year!

Hugs!

18 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Brenda love the doll!...and cshort, love the Baby yoda...

Thank you!

• Like 1

Good Morning.

It's a chilly 51 degrees here this morning, our is suppose to be 65 today.

I finished 2 more Baby Yoda's last night for a total of 4 and now I'm working on a Baby Yoda hat for my littlest grandbaby. I'll be heading home later today and back to work tomorrow, I've really enjoyed the 2 week break and time spent with my kids and grandkids. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

good morning

got alot accomplished yesterday,going to skype to Germany in a bit

have a great day everyone

Good Morning.  The Sun is shinning brightly but it is 51 here not suppose to go warmer than 67.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well, surprise, surprise in the game last night.  The Patriots lost.  What a shock, but they did not play well.  Today is the Eagles game.  I will be watching, but if they beat the Seahawks, it will be a miracle.

Going to be a quite day today, kind of a day off.  Just going to enjoy the day.

Tonight is roast beef with pot roasted potatoes.  

Have a fun day.