katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Good morning

i thought I would pop in to say hello while it’s still quiet here. I have 3 grandkids here and they’re all still asleep. No real plans for today, if the weather is nice we’ll go to the playground for a while. I think I’m going to try to take my Christmas tree down during nap time. 
I hope you all have a great day.

good morning

I understand the anger when a card or pkg. goes missing,our parcel from his sister in Germany is still out there somewhere.

we had one card from over there show up here a whole year later,we were shocked ,it was mom's Easter card 2018 and it came after she passed ,so his sister was beyond upset

today is my 6 month appt. hope I'm as boring as I was 6 months ago

be safe out there and have a wonderful day

Love the snow globe ornaments. Will have to make them this coming year for Christmas . I have a lot of the Christmas buttons. Plus I was able to get a few on sale.

14 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys if all the other cards reached their destination then maybe mine is just taking the scenic route. 

Brenda I hope that Card is just taking a looong trip around the world..

I would never suspect a mail man having anything to do with that, because that would be just  plain stupid on my part!. The thing is, ALL my Christmas cards except two (2) of them I mail them before I went to Vegas & before I broke my foot. All those  14 cards arrived OK. I needed to mail two (2) more to Mary Jo & you later  because I run out of post stamps. 

Those two cards I give to that crazy mail man (because of my broken foot). That was about a week  before Christmas.  Mary Jo got her card and you did not.  Maybe he just wanted to get back at me and not to be so obvious by destroying both of them. If both of those cards would not arrived to you guys I would know almost for sure that he did that. And I would place another complain on him at his work.  I have a cameras outside to prove it that I give him 2 letters- envelopes.

That guy is crazy enough to do anything..Since he started delivering my mail (about 3 months ago) I am getting a lot less of my mail and whole bunch of other people mail. (2-5 pieces per day , every day). Before I went to Vegas I confronted him about that problem. I wanted to know WHY he is doing that??. In instance "he turn a table on me" and started screaming at me with very big anger saying: " IF you will leave your mail in your mail box (from previous day) one more time!! I WILL rip-out (pull out) that fancy mail box of yours out of that cement and I will trow that away"!!!.

I got very scared of him at that moment, his face turned red and he was out of control. I back off to my front door and went back inside as fast as I could. That is why I needed to call Police on him and file report. Once I closed my storm door ( it is all glass from top to bottom) I told him: "he better do not destroy my property because he will be taped and I pointed with my finger UP- front door where one of the cameras are. He left and I call the Police.

I think couple times I forgot to get my mail out of my mail box by the end of that day. Once a while that happens to me when I am busy or something... I just did not see WHAT was his problem..??. My mail box is so big it could hold few days of my mail. But I never got explonation from him why I am getting so much of other people mail???. And what is happening to my missing mail?. Since he started working here I stop getting all of my Catalogs from company's that I usually buy my clothes and other.. I will get sometimes my mail open up by someone else and taped. Someone must open that by mistake thinking that is their mail. I even get notes wit "Sorry I open I thought it was my mail" or something like that. There a bunch of important mail that I should been getting but I never got that. Maybe he is just unloading part to a garbage somewhere so his back would not weight as much?. All I know that person should not be a mail man, maybe he should be getting professional help?. The way he looked when he got angry at me it was not normal, very scary. He looked like he was ready to punch me (beat me up) maybe even worse..

I do hope someone else soon will take his place. 

Krys

You have a big problem with your mailman Krys.

We have 2 houses with 2968 as the numbers the only difference is the street name.  In fact, when you turn the corner to the next street all the numbers are the same as the ones on our street.  My neighbors (next door) is 2986.  So we will get our mail mixed up, especially when the regular man is not on.  He has also told us, that someone else sometimes sorts the mail.  I would let the post office know the trouble you are having and let them fix it.

Wow!  Just wow!  Krys that is awful.  He definitely should not be delivering the mail.  I hope he gets replaced very soon. 

• Like 1

yesssssssssss,I remain a boring patient,I'd like to know how my A1c dropped 6.4 to 5.9 when I learned how to make fudge this year and it was dang good,did cut back on  stress eating and only eating two meals a day

• Like 1

Yeah Lyn on the A1C.  I would be happy to get mine down to 7.0.  

Starting to get a little chilly here.  We are suppose to get down in the 50's tonight.

They have a new way to celebrate.  They will be showing a Pirate Ship on the side of a building and in front of it is a treasure chest.  When midnight hits the treasure chest will open and booty will come flying out.  This should be interesting.

Incase I do not get back, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE.

good morning

trying to finish up one more book for 2019,its got 2 hrs.left,might make it

with the high of 77 yesterday,today's 50 with no sun feels done right cold,we have been getting some heavy fog these last few days,couldn't even see the house across the street

when the Dr. first came in,his first question was what's going on with your A1c,?I thought for sure it went higher,but then he said it lowered quite a bit,leaving me a bit shocked

19 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

You have a big problem with your mailman Krys.

We have 2 houses with 2968 as the numbers the only difference is the street name.  In fact, when you turn the corner to the next street all the numbers are the same as the ones on our street.  My neighbors (next door) is 2986.  So we will get our mail mixed up, especially when the regular man is not on.  He has also told us, that someone else sometimes sorts the mail.  I would let the post office know the trouble you are having and let them fix it.

Mary Jo I do know I have a big problem. It is little scary dealing with with someone like that..

The other people mail I am getting dos not have anything similar to my address. Streets & numbers are different than mine. In Jan & Feb. all those statements for income tax will be mailed and I know I will not get them all. I will need to keep very close eye on that so I will not miss anything and than having problems with IRS. I did call the Post office,  so far they are not doing anything about that.

Happy New Year!

Krys

What needs to be done is to get proof. He needs to be followed and recorded then take it to the high up person in the post office. Go over there heads if you need to. You don't need to be that person. You need to find someone that can do it for you.

hi all  oh poor krys, what a thing i think going postal is a real thing!! 

and mary jo, lovely new icon, you look so pretty!! 

i got not much here, going to be a long night of boring tv i guess, lol only to mercifully fall asleep and then to be rudely awakened by Fireworks!! Oh once a year huh, i can do this!!so merriment to all, dont drink and drive, and all good wishes to all for a really fantastic new year~!!

Lyn great on the A1C and lucky you being the boring patient.

Yesterday we went to lady's house I used to work with.  She and her dh moved this summer and now we are nearly neighbors.  We went to breakfast and then went back to tour their house.    Its huge----3 car garage, 5 bathroom huge.  They are older than us and didnt downsize in their move. He tore meniscus in his knee replacing landscaping and now needs surgery.  As they told us all the things they did to remodel parts of it, listing things they need/want to do, pointing out a light way up high that they didnt replace when repainting and watching the faucet in the kitchen drip I was thankful for our small place with maintenance on speed dial to deal with all that for us.  We needed a 10 year old to help us set up a  group text so we could notify several of the party Fri evening at her house.  It would have saved us at least 2 hours.  Her phone works different from mine and neither phones sequence to accomplis that task really made sense to either of us.  Next thing we knew it was 5pm.  

This morning dh took suv into shop.  Dash board went blank Sun.  They did a factory reset and found nothing wrong.  So hopefully it doesnt happen again.  I wandered over to the room where prayer shawl group meets.  A couple of the regulars showed up as did another new person who just started as life style director in one of the complexes here.  She brought beautiful things she had knitted and used to half own a local yarn shop.  The female chaplin that pointed out the need and got the group started retired 6 months ago and the male chaplains are not handing them out so they currently have several on hand.  If they can not some way be encouraged to start (life style director may have connections to get them encouraged) to we discussed making lapghans for care center here.  After lunch ran to grocery store to pick up things for Fri.  Dh ran into someone he used to work with and they probably chatted for nearly an hour.  So dh has just enough time to dust and vacuum before we go to tonights party across the street.  Looks like they have a group here that plays mountain dulcimers that meets weekly so dh will be checking that one out.  

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Another busy day. I had to get everyone packed up today. My oldest granddaughter and I loaded most of the stuff in the car while the littlest one was napping. After she woke we loaded the last minute things, 3 grandkids and myself into my very full little car. I dropped my littlest granddaughter at her house, about 30 minutes north of where I live. Then got back on the hightway to drive about an hour and 20 minutes to my the other grandkids' house. The traffic was really good so it was a pretty easy drive. We can already hear fireworks going off. We plan to just stay home and live stream the Disney fireworks at midnight. Tomorrow will be going to Orlando to have brunch at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, then go see the Christmas decorations at some of the other resorts and Disney Springs, it has become a New Year's Day tradition. 

Happy New Year to Everyone!

I was really happy the dollar store started carrying New Year greetings,for any I missed at Christmas,I sent a New Year card,well yesterday I  went to get some more,well when they swept the Christmas card away so went the new year cards boo hiss,but I had an early pick of Valentine cards

Bgs,sounds like things are turning out well,hope it gets easier and easier

18 minutes ago, pineknott said:

I was really happy the dollar store started carrying New Year greetings,for any I missed at Christmas,I sent a New Year card,well yesterday I  went to get some more,well when they swept the Christmas card away so went the new year cards boo hiss,but I had an early pick of Valentine cards

Bgs,sounds like things are turning out well,hope it gets easier and easier

Hey Lyn I got really bored and walked back at 8pm.  Everyone left over there including dh are playing cards and I just never really liked playing games. I dont like to run and socialize anywhere near as much as dh.   I did meet a few people including the mother of one of the girls I graduated high school with.  Name was familiar but there were nearly 1000 in my graduating class.  

Happy New Year! 

I hope 2020 brings blessings to each and everyone of you. 

I was awake earlier than I had planned to be but it's quiet (for a few more minutes anyway) and a chilly 54 degrees. So I'm curled up with a hot cup of coffee, an afghan and my laptop.

I hope you all have a wonderful first day of 2020.

• Like 1

Good Morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR. 

Here is hoping this year is better than the last for everyone.

We are 56 down here, not suppose to get past 67 today,  BUT tomorrow we will be up to 78 and Friday it will be 80 again, then we get down into the 50's and 60's over the weekend.  It sure is fun living down here with this crazy weather.

Off to get some coffee and change into warm cloths.

Katy are we going to keep this thread going or are you going to make a new one?  Just curious.

Have a great day.

Well, 2019 is in the books now. Personally it was a great year for me. 

Only Dr. Appointments were the usual annual check ups.

I had dreams come true, meeting Lynda Carter and seeing Julie Andrews!

Kids are doing well. Life is good for DH amd Me. Nothing but grateful to God for all our blessings.

Heres praying for all for blessings in 2020.

good morning

heading across town for Rene's appt. then hitting Barnes &  Noble,its been at least 3 yrs since  I've been in one

say a peace prayer for Rene',its the first anniversary of Jimmy's passing away today

• Like 1

Good Morning.

Lyn I hope everything goes well today, :hugand prayers for all of you.

We started the day with a chilly 57 degrees but we are suppose to have a high of 82 this afternoon.

Our new year has started nicely. We went to brunch at one of our favorite Disney restaurants yesterday and then went to a couple of the resorts to see the gingerbread carousel and buildings. We went to Disney Springs so the grandkids could do some shopping with their Christmas money but it was busier than we've ever seen it on New Year's Day so we only made it through the Lego store. Today's plans are a trip to Hobby Lobby for green and brown yarn, my daughter saw someone walking around with a little crocheted Baby Yoda yesterday and of course she wants one. I'm not sure if we'll be doing anything else.

I hope you all have a great day.

Going to meet a friend for lunch today.

Before that I need to drop some thank you notes off at the preschool. Several parents gave me Christmas gifts, so sweet since I am only a sub. 

Then off to Joanns to spend the gift card dh gave me and then im going to find a 2020 calendar/planner.

The boys left yesterday and made ot safely back to Orlando. My youngest is starting his final semester of college. He graduates in April.

Good Morning.

Back from the Dr. for my yearly.  A1C is down to 7.4 and I dropped 2 more pounds.  Do not ask me how I lost the weight, but who cares.

Have a lot of e-mails to answer, but I just feel like crocheting.  Tough choice.

Wow the youngest almost done college.  That is great.

Have fun in Joann's.

Have a great day.

Posted (edited)

good mid morning-into-afternnon to you all !

bright sunshine streaming in today, max took a sunbath while i brushed him this am, with little sleepy eyes today, as handy gave him the rest of the turkey last night and he must have slept well lol  

didnt do much last evening so i watched the kennel clubs doggie show, i always try to catch that, lol  such pretty dogs my gosh i wanted them all mentioned to handy i really miss having a dog, he does too, so one of these days lol  he misses ginger, and the facts are there will never be another like her, but there will be another in our lives i think  that will be a part of us too, likeGingie  was  Daughter said to me on Christmas,  that i should adopt an older dog, and no older animal should spend that part of their life in the humane society, and that everyone wants young dogs  i totally agree with her, only thing that stops me, is i would have to go through another loss and sooner with an older dog.  handy and i are stuck between a rock and a hard place with t his but time has a way of providing solutions if we can just be patient right  ?

goodness bgs, more and more, this move for you both sounds like it was meant to be!!?  i am so very pleased for you both i almost teared up when you mentioned a dulcimer group,

lol  so happy for you both    I did look that up once, and now know what they look like lol as before, i had no clue  i saw a laptop sized one too, on ebay i think lol  and all your old friends, i know you are happier there now and hubby too  

I have been thinking here lately, about putting some yarn, red heart, on ebay full skeins only, for a couple bucks apiece, as i did some research, and im not out to gouge anyone like some do on there, but just maybe thin it out a bit, im really not sure at all though lol  i waiver, from day to day on it as we do the dog issue lol  new year, new decisions, i guess huh  

in answer to the question yes i will keep this thread, i think since the ville has improved so much ill just change the year on the thread and let them tell me if i need to do a new one, when its time  i dunno about that yet either  i dont know why i am so un-decisive lately lol  or am I? lol  im hoping too my ac1 stayed at 6.0 for this next time, but i have eaten so much this season, im sure it hasn't  ,now to get back to the basics, 2 squares a day lol  

well time to i dunno what ill do, but something needs doing lol  ill decide later lol  ciao for now ..

Edited by katyallen8090