katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

lovely picture of you,MaryJo

nice artwork on the walls,what a darling shirt

Thank you all.

Lyn, two of those pictures were done in Disney, when we use to go once a year.  The side view was done down the Shore in WildWood, NJ. 48 years ago.  One of those street artist that show up on the boardwalk.

How are you feeling Lyn?  As is well for now?

Yeah Katy, I call that Christina syndrome, My daughter gets all excited about what she is going to do/go/see, then when the day comes, she is inflated and not as happy.  She has always been like that.

Well, I am off to watch some movies and just relax.

Have a good night.

good morning

thankfully that feeling has passed Mary Jo

its very foggy, here temps near 60

We are warm and cloudy today.  We are looking at a chance of rain today and up to 80 by Monday.

Hope everyone is having a good day

Well, I think I am rested..... this year was such a strange Christmas year....I saw each of the kids ... but not all together like we usually do.... the last to come was our youngest and his wife on Christmas Eve... I swear Chris kept looking out the door every 5 minutes! but they showed up and we had nachos and watched National Lampoons Christmas vacation....

Christmas day we went to MIL's for breakfast..

MJ, I love that shirt ( and the glasses)....

Sandra..... you just told on yourself in your last post..... no one originally from NC calls soda "pop"....... where are you from originally?

Did I thank ya'll for the cards...? Probably not... but I will now... they are all up and make me smile when I pass by them....

ratdog... I did some of those snowglobes this year but for me even with blocking they curled so I didn't pass then out...

any of us exciting folks doing anything for New Years?   We usually these years toast each other at 7:00 our time ( 12:00 Greenich mean time) and call it good!

• Like 1

Good evening all! Just been keeping things done up.

2019 wasn't good to me. I went through a lot heart aches through the year. I just haven't been able to wrap my head around any of it and nothing makes sense to me a this time. 2 of my four legged best friends passed away and I haven't been the same sense. Days I just don't want to live or go on. It's been a very long struggle through the year.  And here I am can't wait for 2019 to be over. 2020 has to a better year for me. 

Lea I was born in Wyoming and my family moved to Pennysvania when I was 16. I lived there for years until I married my hubby who was in the Navy. I like South better. Snow is just not for me anymore.

Here we will probably watch the ball drop New Years Eve. That's it for us!

Watching the ball drop is too ambitious for me. I will be in bed long before that and might hear the fireworks to let me know its midnight.

50 is the new 30. 9:00 pm is the new midnight!

Edited by ratdog

38 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Watching the ball drop is too ambitious for me. I will be in bed long before that and might hear the fireworks to let me know its midnight.

50 is the new 30. 9:00 pm is the new midnight!

amen  lol 

happy what ever this day is ( glances at day clock) oh of course i meant Saturday  lol  well us mid of the country peoplr are getting drenched on, rain abounds, guess its even snowing in the Nebraska triangle remember i told you, Sioux city, Sioux falls, Norfolk make up a tri state area in a triangle where bad weather abounds, lol  we have probably gotten at least three inches since about 3 am and that would amount to about 30 inches if it were snow!! 1 inch of rain generally equals   10 inches of snow, look it up lol so 3 times 10 equals 30 lol   so i am happy its just raining lol dark wet, gloomy day though  lol  question is, do i light a candle for the rain??  I always do on a snow day, but??? lol  

just popped in to say we are alive and kicking in spite of it all lol  gotta go to amazon, order for my neighbor, i have prime, he doesn't  so he will save any shipping  if i order for him  ok take care all, keep dry all and hang in there!! 

Edited by katyallen8090

Hello everyone!

It's been a little busy here. The grandkids are visiting and keeping me busy. I hope you all have a great day.

good afternoon its +60 here

was shocked when I saw Los Angeles got snow,for some reason I didn't think it snowed there,in the mountains maybe,but not there

Krys sorry about the cast.  Hope you glammed it up  and found a comfy chair to just sit back and be pretty. 

Lyn glad to hear the blahs have past.  

Mary Jo you look great in your new hair and glasses. What a great shirt!  I started out with wire frame glasses but I always had so many sinus problems and the nose pads on them made it worse where plastic frames never bothered me. 

Katy I hope you just went ahead and lit your candle.  Warm here too Christmas.  Also warm and raining lots today.  Very thankful it is not snow.

Lea on your snow globes try using a little paintbrush to add diluted white glue (if Elmers I might try it undiluted) to stiffen them or I wonder about just adding glitter glue on outer edge of globe and pinning them out.  I would probably brush the whole globe with glitter glue.  I like glitter and snow globes have glitter in them.  We bought tickets for a New Years Eve bash here.  Starts at 545p and goes to 10p? as it will be midnight in Bermuda and Aruba.  Might be a really wild group with all the canes, walkers, wheelchairs and us being the youngsters in our 60's.  Tickets were $5 (to cover chicken either fried or roasted) and you bring side, dessert, snacks, etc or $10 and dont bring food. It will be closer for us to walk from our unit than to get in car and walk in from parking lot.  

Christmas was ok. Mon we went to candlelight service at our church out at old place and then a Christmas eve candlelight service at church very near new place.  Christmas morning was hard (Sandra know you can relate here) as we always bought our dogs, TC, and the barn cats special canned food for Christmas and feeding them was always the first order of business for the day.  Christmas day we went to sis#1s house.  Sis #3 and family did not make it.  They started this way and car broke down an hour away from their home and they were still 3 to 4 hours away.  Seems like it took sis#1 and I forever cleaning up afterwards.  We were both exhausted.  

I wandered thru the apartment building across street from us and found where the sewing and prayer shawl groups meet.  Dh started on bowling league. He got the computer credenza put together and I got the computer stuff all hooked back up. Found a little table today for the phone and pottery cannister to put on counter for my big kitchen spoons, spatulas, etc.   I had a small bulletin board that I used for pinning decorative knots that came with those Command hangers so I hung it in the kitchen so dh could have a calendar he could work with. My copies of months stuck on refrigerator did not make him happy.   Found our old desk organizer and was able to organize papers on counter vertically so I dont have to listen to grumbling about those.  Hey I am just trying to get by as best I can til I get everything figured out.  My stuff is just dumped in drawers or shoved on shelves. He has to have his things organized so he can function (with minimal grumbling) so I fixed him a shelf in the kitchen with his cereal, coffee, bowl, coffee mug, tea mug etc.   Did same thing for his stuff in bathroom.  Sorry I just cant organize all this chaos immediately.  I would if I could but I have to think things thru.

I received a piece of paper in a Christmas card with a note saying  "planned lunch Dec 28 at 11am at Cheddars 40 Highway" from lady I worked with 30 some years ago.  I wondered if it was the group we worked with or just her (and possibly her family)  Didnt have her phone number or email so we just decided to be adventurous and go see what happened.  If no one showed up I recognized we had been wanting to eat there anyway.  Before heading off to that I got a call from another lady I had worked with wanting us to come see her house and then go out to breakfast on Mon.  She moved in Aug and now we live really close to each other.  5 ladies I used to work with showed up at the restaurant.  One that I have known for 45 years.  Lady I talked with earlier wasnt there but had said something to me about hosting our groups get together this Fri so we called her from the restaurant to confirm as we hadnt updated phone numbers and emails in forever.  Some kept in touch on FB and some had a couple of phone numbers.  I periodically hear from one of our group that moved to CA and another that moved to NC.  Some of us worked together for 20 years and the hospital we worked at has been closed for 20 years.  

Do any of you remember Sopo?  She was part of this group.  I had a package (forwarded from my old address) and a very brief note from her (wishing I was on FB which reminds me I got a card from TurtleLvr wishing I was on FB) waiting in my mailbox when I got home today.  The card I mailed her a year ago returned.  Looks like she got moved back to AR.  Also had a package from one of our bonsai friends.  Have not been in touch with any of them since mid Sept.  

On 12/15/2019 at 7:55 PM, milney said:
1 hour ago, bgs said:

Krys sorry about the cast.  Hope you glammed it up  and found a comfy chair to just sit back and be pretty.  

Brenda it is nice to hear from you :). Sounds that you will be very busy with all those "meetings" , lunches, dinners.... New Years Bash =5 Bucks ticket that includes a chicken that is probably the best deal you could ever find! LOL. I never heard New Years Bash ending at 10:00 PM . But probably most of those older people would need to go to sleep before 12:00 Midnight.

Me & my friend we always going to a nice place to Celebrate New Year. This year I told him to cancel that New Years party reservation because of my broken foot. If i can not dance & have a great time what is the point of going there and paying a lot of money?. We will go out to dinner to a very good Polish restaurant & back home LOL.

My Christmas turned out well. We had  a lot of great food & lot of fun at my friend daughter house. Too bad I could not enjoy my grandkids this Christmas. But, his were OK too LOL.

I remember Sopo, I did not knew her for long.  I remember when I sign up here after short time everyone was excited  saying:: "Sopo is back". She was back for short time and she was gone for good.

Brenda did you ever got Christmas card from me?. I sent it at same time as Merry Jo card, I know she got that card. I know I sent some cards late this year but they should got there before Christmas.

Happy New Year to Everyone! :)

Krys

Brenda, I swear when I grow up I want to be you... first of all I admire your energy...2nd of all where did you find such a keeper of a man that he will do all those things with you....dh is like " have fun"...and then 2 hours later I get the text " when you coming home"....

We do like traveling when funds permit....of course in our small town there is really not much to do here.....and with us black listed by the sheriff, well that makes it even harder , nothing like small town southern good ole boy network to ruin your life....

Good idea about the snow globes... I might give them a go for next year...

working on a corner to corner with the color way mandala Kelpie. ....

Gearing up for my New Years purge by watching episodes of hoarders...LOL

Good morning.

Brenda it sounds like you are settling in and staying busy. I remember Sopo and TurtleLvr, it's nice you heard from them.

Lyn I didn't know they got snow in Los Angeles either.

Krys I hope your foot is healing and not too uncomfortable, dinner out sounds like a nice way to ring in the new year.

Lea I hope you're getting some good info on purging from hoarders.

I'm planning to go to the mall today to exchange the jeans I gave my dad for Christmas, he's gained weight since he quit smoking and needs an extra inch in the waist. I had planned to go yesterday but my granddaughter who is visiting with me was having some problems with her stomach, she seems ok today. We'll probably wander through the Disney store and get a treat from Starbucks while were at the mall. I had to take my 3 year old granddaughter to the emergency room on Friday, she fell and hit her forehead on the leg of my dining table, 3 stitches in her forehead. Her mommy is a nurse at the hospital where I took her so she met at the entrance and stayed with us until we were ready to go home and then went back to her unit. A couple hours later my granddaughter was running around like nothing had happened. I guess that's about it for me. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

• Like 1

Since my computer hasn't been well since, well--for a long time!---I haven't been able to catch up with everyone here!!  So-o-o-o....what is this "snow globe" you're all talking about?

Krys your card has not arrived yet.  Just to make sure I went back thru my stack.  Generally I dont do anything special or go out for New Years Eve.  Actually I used to go spend the night at coworkers houses and watched their kids so they could go out.  I liked being with the kids.  Then there were about 5 years in the late 90's we went to  NYE parties given by church friends that we enjoyed.  (No liquor or dancing but I never danced except in PE in school).

Lea it doesnt feel like I am a high energy person. Actually dh likes running around and socializing way more than I do.   He has been going with me to things with this pool of people for 22 years and at most things there are at least a couple of other guys there he enjoys visiting with.   One of these guys will be at breakfast tomorrow and Fri the gathering is at his house.  Sadly a couple of the guys that meant a lot to us have passed.  These people were at our wedding, in our wedding, and  served at our reception. We used to do a lot of things with the couple from this group that moved to NC.  Are you all going to have to give up and move to get away from the sheriff thing? 

Carol oh no a trip to the ER.  Glad her mommy was there.  I remember sis and I taking niece to ER when she was little for stitches in her lip and again for her toe.  

Collette glad to see you.

https://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2018/12/crochet-snowglobe-ornaments.html

Good Evening.  Decided to get on, as the games are driving me crazy.  KC won.  We are now rooting and hoping Philadelphia can beat NY, so they can knock Dallas out of the playoffs.  Hey Brenda, congrats on KC getting a week off.

Wow Carole, isn't it amazing how fast kids seem to get better.

Well New Years here is going to be a dinner of Steak and 1/2 a lobster tail.  Try to stay up till midnight, then off to bed.  Not the party girl I was in my 20's.

Have a fun night.

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Krys your card has not arrived yet.  Just to make sure I went back thru my stack.  Generally I dont do anything special or go out for New Years Eve.  Actually I used to go spend the night at coworkers houses and watched their kids so they could go out.  I liked being with the kids.  Then there were about 5 years in the late 90's we went to  NYE parties given by church friends that we enjoyed.  (No liquor or dancing but I never danced except in PE in school).

Brenda I am very angry you did not got that card yet. It was a very nice over-sized card, I put 2 stamps on it. I am angry because I am thinking about my crazy mail man that maybe he got something to do with that..?. Maybe he is trying to get back at me?. Few days before I mailed those couple last cards I  called the Police on him & I filed report on that jerk.

Because Of my broken foot I did not went to Post Office to mail them, I just asked him (that mailman) to take those cards to Post Office. On the other hand it might be he is not guilty of doing anything to your card?. Maybe that card just got lost somewhere else..?. But, I had that feeling that he might do something  sick before he took those cards.

That guy is crazy for sure!. I had to except his apology right after I call Police on him. He came back to my house with his Supervisor? or Manager? saying that he is Very Sorry!!. I did not believed him. But what else could I  do?, I excepted his lying apology.

I lived in this house for about 30 years I never called the Police before on anyone.

I am Sorry that I am writing a "book" here on that subject...... It is just that I am very angry at that guy. Crazy people like that should never be working at Post Office.  They should give him a different job maybe loading trucks or something else.. so he would not be in direct contact with other people.

I am happy for you that you are busy going places and having fun with other people. Not only staying home and unpacking all that stuff you moved...

I think your husband would be a perfect "match" with my friend LOL. My friend dos not like to stay home!. At 6;00 AM he starts playing a piano to wake me up. Telling me: "time to wake up & go out like all other people do!" LOL. Thank God he still goes to work to run his business. The other big plus is: we do not live together! :). And I will see to that we never will. 

Happy New Year!

Krys

Krys if all the other cards reached their destination then maybe mine is just taking the scenic route. 

Mary Jo Chief's Kingdom really appreciates Miami beating the Patriots.  

Good Morning, I know it will be a good morning, even if the sun is not up.

Wow Lea, blacklisted, that is not good.  Ah the good old boy network. never fails to amaze me.

Well, Brenda,  WE DID IT.  We knocked out the Cowboys and Jerry is not happy.  When they would show him in his box, you could see the Eagles game on behind him.  So We play Seattle next week and your team gets to rest.

Not much going on today.  Have to go and get some potatoes for dinner.  Forgot them the other day when I went to the store.

Have a fun day everyone.