katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

sorry about Tampa last night MJ..... as for renting the grandkids, you would only wind up with a cold or the flu....ūüė∑

Foggy here today too, skipped church..they don't want to hear me hack up a lung during silent Night.... sort of breaks the mood...

I will venture out to the grocery to get what we need for the next few days....

Headed to Josh and Jenns tomorrow for a Philippine Christmas meal... thankfully all their gifts are wrapped, we bought the Princess a toy kitchen... I can't wait to see her with it!

Thank you everyone for the Christmas cards, they have cheered me up!

Here is a picture of the crowd that made me sick....I am blaming it on the smallest two...LOL

ho ho 1.jpg

hoho savvy.jpg

Love the pictures.  That is what Christmas is all about. Love the shot of the little one. 

Yeah they are Germ Factories.  They can't help it being so cute, you just want to hug them.

Enjoy your dinner today, but keep the Chicken soup close.

Playing with my new gift of light up hooks.

Thanks Lea, never expected them to win, not with that QB.  Today is THE GAME.  Philadelphia and Dallas.  We, of course, are rooting for the EAGLES.

Have a fun day.

Good morning. 

I was up and out for church this morning and I'm feeling a bit lazy now so it may be a day of crocheting and movies. Cookie decorating with my daughters and grandkids was lots of fun yesterday and we finished the day with dinner at Cracker Barrel, I have yummy leftovers for dinner tonight. Tomorrow the car is going in for an oil change and tire rotation, then a trip to the grocery store and house cleaning. A little baking on Tuesday and I'll be ready for everyone to be here Christmas morning for brunch.

I hope you all enjoy your day.

Started work on some snow globe ornaments. Making all the centers first, 6 done 6 to go.

50 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Started work on some snow globe ornaments. Making all the centers first, 6 done 6 to go.

Is this pattern from Repeat Crafter me?  I was wondering how large they are.

good morning,out the door in a few minutes for 6 month blood work

Good Morning Everyone.

Today is a beautiful day.  Rain is gone, the sun is coming up and it is still a little cool.

Oh and yesterday was perfect, in sports anyway.  The Bucs lost (no surprise there), the EAGLES beat Dallas, an early Christmas gift for Eagle fans,  and KC won.  Sorry Giant fans, but lets hope the Eagles can win next week.

So all is done here and we now just wait for Santa to come.  They use to rid around the neighborhood with the fire trucks, with Santa and Sparky on the back for the kids.  Have not seen them for a couple of years.  Miss that.

So try not to drive yourself crazy and if you have to go out be careful.

Hugs, Happy Hanukah and Merry Christmas. 

Mary Jo I am not using a pattern. Just copying and idea I saw on Pinterest. I did the centers with a g hook up to 36 sc . 

Hello. It was raining here during the night and this morning but the sun is shining now. I cleaned the houses and went to the grocery store this morning. I have laundry going and now I need some lunch. Maybe some stitching after lunch.

Have a good day everyone.

Well , yeah I am still up.  I am waiting for an order.  This has been one long day.

Rained most of it and now the chill has set in.  DH says this is a good trial for New Year's Eve.  I can at least take a nap then.

Well, I got to see the whole game the Lightning is playing (hockey).

Have a good night.

Up early. One of the dash lights is on (again)  on DH car so we have to drop it off at the dealership at 7:30 this morning.

Happy Christmas Eve everyone. Hang your stockings and say your prayers 'cause Santa Claus comes tonight!

good morning

I don't know if its just me,it feels like a friday,but its only tuesday,seems this week is going by soooooooooooooooo slowly

maybe just the dullness of our lives but there is just no spark this year,maybe something wonderful will come in the mail today and bring us some cheer,sorry to be such a downer but I feel like a weight has been lifted sharing my feelings

aw pretty krys  

maerry Christmas eve all, santa comes tonight huh wow the last couple of weeks have flown huh i have the last thing probably coming today for the kids, but even though the emailmsaid its out for delivery, it might be slow i think, i will see  it is two coffe mugs one with a saying for a best son in law, and one a saying for a daughter, i looked at tumblers, but they have them and i couldn't find any that said what i wanted them to but mugs are recall on point to my feelings i figure these are stay at home coffee mugs lol they can use the travel tumblers they already have for the car lol  

she and hubby went to a steak house for their anniversary, and course she wanted a filet mignon and lobster tail dish, and heres the real kicker, she does not eat meat, but she loved the steak!!  i hear now too, they make pork chops now and then!! my Chistmas gift came early, Gotta have protein right!! 

she will only eat a hamburger from one place in town Culvers, and even then she wont eat the bun lol  oy vey lol to borrow that from the Yiddish lol 

well time for me to get to work around here i guess see ya soon   merry Christmas to all, enjoy your holidays!!

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

I don't know if its just me,it feels like a friday,but its only tuesday,seems this week is going by soooooooooooooooo slowly

maybe just the dullness of our lives but there is just no spark this year,maybe something wonderful will come in the mail today and bring us some cheer,sorry to be such a downer but I feel like a weight has been lifted sharing my feelings

oh, im so sorry lyn, i hope you feel better soon, and thanks for the card, it perked up my day!! anything we can Do to help ??

On 12/22/2019 at 9:22 AM, minwifeof4boys said:

sorry about Tampa last night MJ..... as for renting the grandkids, you would only wind up with a cold or the flu....ūüė∑

Foggy here today too, skipped church..they don't want to hear me hack up a lung during silent Night.... sort of breaks the mood...

I will venture out to the grocery to get what we need for the next few days....

Headed to Josh and Jenns tomorrow for a Philippine Christmas meal... thankfully all their gifts are wrapped, we bought the Princess a toy kitchen... I can't wait to see her with it!

Thank you everyone for the Christmas cards, they have cheered me up!

Here is a picture of the crowd that made me sick....I am blaming it on the smallest two...LOL

ho ho 1.jpg

hoho savvy.jpg

you truly have a beautiful family!! Merry Christmas  to all  

Hello. I finished my baking today so I guess I'm ready for tomorrow. It's quiet here today. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

6 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

oh, im so sorry lyn, i hope you feel better soon, and thanks for the card, it perked up my day!! anything we can Do to help ??

thanks,just have the blahs,this too shall pass

Christmas Carole thank you for your card.   Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to you!

Lyn and Rene¬ī thank you for the New Years card and the letter.¬† Give Rene¬ī a big hug from me.¬† I know its been a rough year for your family going thru all the firsts without Jimmy so soon after losing mil.¬† Hope you find something to get rid of the blahs.¬† ¬†Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Lea beautiful pictures!!

I am ready as I will ever be. All the house is cleaned. I vacuumed and shampooed the den. Dishes are done and Turkey is stuff and waiting to be cooked. Cookies all made, jello and custard done.  Presents all wrapped and under the tree. Pop in the refrigerator getting cold. I made no pies this time around . We just don't eat them and the children don't at them or lucky to get a slice and I throw the rest away. So decided no pies this time.

Merry Christmas!!!

Hope everyone is warm and enjoy your Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas!

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed holiday!

Merry Christmas one and all!

So I told DH not to get me anything thisnyear because I have already gotten so many things that I consider early Christmas gift. I am looking at 4 gifts for me under the tree and more in my stocking. The man just doesnt listen ūüéÖ

I love the guy!

Edited by ratdog

Good Morning.

It is a beautiful day here and very, very warm.  Going up to 80 today.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and can now relax and enjoy the holiday.

Wanted to show you my new glasses (use to wear wire frames) and my new Crochet shirt.  two gnomes are holding crochet hooks and the third is in front of a basket of yarn.  Couldn't resist. Boy am I getting old.

Have a great day everyone.

Mary Jo & John 2019 (3).JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.

It is a beautiful day here and very, very warm.  Going up to 80 today.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and can now relax and enjoy the holiday.

Wanted to show you my new glasses (use to wear wire frames) and my new Crochet shirt.  two gnomes are holding crochet hooks and the third is in front of a basket of yarn.  Couldn't resist. Boy am I getting old.

Have a great day everyone.

Mary Jo & John 2019 (3).JPG

i love that pic mj, you should put that as your icon, you are so pretty!!and i love the glasses, and the sweat shirt too lol  

well its over for this year, it was the warmest Christmas i think we have ever had, we had a window open, must have been at least 60, in December??? unheard of for sure 

kids were here and we had a good dinner, and watched a movie or two, and enjoyed our day 

I felt sort of a relief, and always have when it is over, its sort of like someone poked holes in me, and i slowly deflate  im good today though, so it didnt last, just i guess glad the hustle and bustle is over  we dont rally do anything on new years, as that is a drinking persons holiday so its just another day to us non drinkers lol  i guess, daughter too chose to work new years as it is nothing really to them  either, lol  i think her hubby  gets it off but he will do stuff around the house that day since she will work

Daughter and hubby both ate turkey, and vegies, so we have enough of the staples like potatos and gravy, and dressing and turkey for another meal tonight if we so chose, albeit a smaller meal for sure, we all ate too much yesterday lol  even maxie had his fill, he has always liked his fresh turkey and knows that it comes from those noisy big birdies outside lol    even the birds and squirrels had a treat of cookie crumbs, and bread this am  most of our cookies were not eaten so, we passed it on  

sweets we could never eat lol 

i did however get some sugar free Stovers  box of chocolate, but ill eat them lol it might take me a while though lol  

well santa did not leave me my wish lol  a doggie, with minimum coat care, housebroken, nice to kitties, and not a yapper lol med size, oh and a female, spayed of course, with the temperament and loyalty of my dear Ginger  i guess ill have to wait a bit longer, thats a big order lol   

well all for now just wanted to say hello, and deflate a bit more, lol  take care all:coffee  

Edited by katyallen8090