katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Hello,

I was up and out to church and the grocery store this morning. Started a load of laundry. I'm not sure what I'll be doing for the rest of the day.

Hope you all have a great day.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 7:46 AM, bgs said:

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Its going to be a weird one for me.  Going to try out one of the buffets at the new place.  

You know nothing is as good as home-made, right? LoL  Hope you enjoyed the buffet, tho!  And being with family ~ :)

On 11/30/2019 at 4:05 PM, pineknott said:

Carole

didn't they rate base housing or did they opt out of that?Wonder if they still run the flea market in Aloha stadium,that was fun for us,when we lived on Ford Island,if you see pictures of the Arizona those trees and bushes behind it is Ford Island where we called home from '81 to '85

we'd get off the ferry and walk across the street to the stadium,we always had to take a ferry or small boat off the island,then after we left they built a bridge across to the island

didn't burn candles or incense

Hi! Lyn ~ Well, glad it wasn't any candles or incense causing your sneezing. :)   I don't know why Son didn't go with base housing?  They ended up "buying" a fixer-upper penthouse?? apartment??  Couldn't figure that one out as to the WHYs ~ 😕  But he said rent was so high, he figured he would invest?? in property . . . okay. 😕   (sometimes I think when our kids get to making more money than they're use to, it kinda makes them stupid?? LoL)  Of course, maybe it makes sense to him.  We just hope he can sell that place when time comes for relocation ~ 😕   That looks to be in about another year or so, I think.  I'll have to ask him again about the base housing, tho.  I know while he was in Japan for 4 yrs before, he said he didn't qualify (guess a wife and 2 kids didn't help??), or maybe they didn't have any houses available?

The ferry going to Ford Island sounds wonderful!  I know the kids have done a LOT of sight-seeing on the islands, so maybe they might have been on the ferry, too.  I'll have to ask him about the Aloha Stadium flea market, too . . . I know they both like to bargain hunt ~ LoL

13 hours ago, cshort said:

Hello,

I was up and out to church and the grocery store this morning. Started a load of laundry. I'm not sure what I'll be doing for the rest of the day.

Hope you all have a great day.

Hi! Carol ~ :)  I thought I was the only one who "can always find something to do, work-wise, on a Sunday" ~ LoL :D   After church, hubby and I had lunch at Sonic for a change, then stopped for a few things at Walmart (more baking stuff for me!).  While hubby napped the afternoon away, I found I was happier sweeping the floors, putting some bagged-up coverlets back in our closet, and going thru a couple of boxes to see what I wanted to put back up into the kitchen cabinets.  Then I played around on the computer for awhile, catching up on emails and messages.  I'm not a nap-taker, but I sure can nod off while staring at the computer screen ~ LoL :D  

Sounds like you had a wonderful time over Thanksgiving with family.  Hope you have a good week and are staying safe and warm . . . aahh, another Florida person ~ :D   Well, enjoy the nice, warm weather then, and think of us who are either drowning in rain or freezing in the snow or ice ~ LoL  We will certainly be thinking about you all and that wonderfully warm weather, wishing we were batching out with you all. :D   I'm sure you've dealt with enough during those hurricanes coming at you, tho . . . that's gotta be pretty scary!

It's sure good to be back here, and visiting with ya'll again.  I've missed being here! :)

hello babies!!!  how we all doing here this fine sun filled but windy day lol well heres hoping everyone had a bright glorious Thanksgiving!!   now its December!! Oh my!! lol  i love to see all the pretty trees in the stores, and all the pretties lol  we dont really put up a tree anymore, i have a larger ceramic light up that we use, as when we had more cats, we just couldn't keep a tree up from day to day lol  i just this pass year sorted out the Christmas bins and boxes, kept the stuff i really liked, and daughter took some and then had it   picked up for charity, so im down to one bin now and it feels great!! No more hunting around in numerous boxes for the one thing imneeding  for decoration lol   

good day today sun was out most of the day, windy though the past two days but we can deal with it  i guess the east coast is getting hit with snow glad its not here lol 

hope you all have a good day, tomorrow is the third and there is a movement going around that everyone should do at least one good deed for someone on that day  do you have one in mind??

think about it lol  

ok all for right now hello again ms carole glad to have you back, we missed you woman!!

Such a lazy day today!  Dh had one service call and then we decorated the house a bit, I cleaned... just a bit... and spent most of the day bing watching Live PD and crocheting a C2C  for my oldest son and his wife.... I do believe I am done with the Christmas shopping, I need to finish a couple ghans... but they are almost done... for some reason my Walmart doesn't have hardly any yarn ...I am going to have to order it... I have to weigh the cost of gas and cost of shipping to justify.... can't wait til we move to civilization... all 4 of my sons want us to move to their area... maybe we should just buy an RV... except 2 dogs and 2 cats in an RV does not sound pleasant.. 

This is also the first year we will not all be together at Christmas... I hate it... but I understand... my dream of having the Waltons as a family has vanished..

Sometimes getting old just down right sucks..

Back to crocheting..takes my mind off it all...

Slowly decorating. DH and I decorated the outside on Sunday, very simple swags under the upstairs windows, wreaths on the fron door and garlands on the front porch posts.

Yesterday I put out the Advent wreath and today the Nativity set. Still a bit too early for me for the tree.

I finished the ami for my son after work today. Now I need to start wrapping.

Lyn thank you for the Thanksgiving card.  It came in mail Mon after we left to head back out to old place.  Mail comes late in day at new place.

Katy thank you for the Christmas card.

Lea I am sorry.  I know about feeling sad when the family dynamics shift as you get older.  Growing up it was my parents and my sisters.  Sisters all married and two had kids so for awhile more were there. I spent a lot of time with my niece and nephew which looking back has always been the happiest time in my life.  The divorces started and kids were sometimes with their dads on the holiday. Up until then the inlaws did Christmas eve so we did Christmas day, they did Thanksgiving lunch, we did supper but after the divorces they started changing their times.  Then my mom passed.  Thats when it really felt like things were over.  We tried to hold it together but 3 years later Dad remarried and for a few years her kids and their families were there.  It really hurt when dad started leaving for FL in Oct because it was like he did not want to spend the holidays with us.  

Dh is sleeping better this night.  Tues when we got back to old place neighbors daughter came down and asked to see house and asked about the cats.  We had been telling neighbor to have her come down if she wanted.  She recognized the new one that showed up down here this summer and said she was glad to see she was ok.  She said she will feed them so I am sure dh will go buy a large supply of food to leave for her.  I am excited for her because they are planning to do some much needed remodeling on the house.  

I wish dh would go ahead and give me the word he is thru going thru things so I can pull those final things we have left so we can sleep here.  I find myself just sitting around out here thinking about things I could be doing but everything I need to do it is at new place.

Dont remember if I mentioned we ran into the CEO at our last town council meeting and he stopped to chat with us about our move.   After a bit I mentioned my mom used to work at the care center there.  Turns out he worked with her and remembers her fondly.  Then he mentioned a couple of other nurses and I said guess what.  I go to church out here with one of them.  I had just learned about a month ago she worked with and thought a lot of my mom.  She said she thought for awhile she was at wrong funeral.  At work mom went by her first name but family and friends used her middle name.    Dh and I attended the resident council holiday event Mon afternoon and the CEO was there along with the lady we met a few years ago that worked with my mom.  She told him bet you cant guess who her mom is but he knew since we had met a couple of weeks ago. Mom was working at the care center at this place when she passed.  Our unit is across the street from it.  

I am starting to get connected back up with my friends from when I worked.  The one that is now in NC stopped by new place back in Sept when she was in town.  Two more have contacted me about getting together.  Turns out one has moved out close to where we moved.  We share the same zipcode.  

Mary Jo how did they look Sun?  I heard the final score and have seen a few highlights.  

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Sorry, but I have been busy decorating.  Seems like it takes me longer and long every year.  I just now have to take new pictures.

Not much going on.

Things are quite and cold here.

I am off to my corner.

• Like 1

hi all well another warmish sun shining bright day today that makes one in a row!! lol  

well box went Out today to kimmie at pine ridge youth center, just in time for the cold huh  17 matching hat and scarf sets, i think most of them kid and teen size, but truly they all fit my head some more snugly but that is how i measure hats, lol if it fits me its good to go lol  some pommed, some tasseled, some plain, all colors in the rainbow and then some lol with matching scarves approx 55 to 60 long, some striped, some not some fringed, some plain etc good assortment, something for everyone i think lol  all i have left is a small amount of 6 and 8 inch squares for pam at pine ridge, but those will go out, next year, as i add to them  lol i dont know what else, all is good here, and just tugging along under low steam these days lol but gearing up at the same time lol  oh i closed out my bill book for 2019, and packed up just this past years stuff, will hang on to only that year, for one year as i have purged and shredded bill book contents already oh from like 2007 and back lol    

so in the new year, a new record of that, and a new tablet of my continuing postage book will start over  i have yet to add up that for the year though, i keep track in the postage book of whom, month, date,, where, and postage amount in that one lol  have only to add up the months, insert the total for the year, and wala, retire that tablet as well 

years end is a busy time for my records lol  oh i also ordered two calendars, one for me, and one for the kitchen, as i went all last year without one lol  and the local grocery stores around here, dont carry max's fav. treats anymore, so i ordered a 16 oz canister of them from chewy lol  he will be happy  he really only likes that one kind, and handy has not been able to find them lately and he knows the treats are running a bit low lol  Merry Christmas maxie!! got him a couple new "mouties" too, ( catnip filled mouses) lol  but he will still love his old ones lol  

well all, keep up the preps for the holidays, carry on!! take care!!

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Such a lazy day today!  Dh had one service call and then we decorated the house a bit, I cleaned... just a bit... and spent most of the day bing watching Live PD and crocheting a C2C  for my oldest son and his wife.... I do believe I am done with the Christmas shopping, I need to finish a couple ghans... but they are almost done... for some reason my Walmart doesn't have hardly any yarn ...I am going to have to order it... I have to weigh the cost of gas and cost of shipping to justify.... can't wait til we move to civilization... all 4 of my sons want us to move to their area... maybe we should just buy an RV... except 2 dogs and 2 cats in an RV does not sound pleasant.. 

This is also the first year we will not all be together at Christmas... I hate it... but I understand... my dream of having the Waltons as a family has vanished..

Sometimes getting old just down right sucks..

Back to crocheting..takes my mind off it all...

Good morning, Lea ~ :)  This isn't going to be such a lazy day for me today, since we had hubby's dr appt and some errands to run yesterday, which shot the day for sure.  I'm figuring bills this morning (yuck!), then "plan" to go thru more boxes and get stuff put away, again, or up on the walls (safer there, and easier to keep track of ~ LoL).  For break-time I'll work on some crocheting (gotta get that baby blanket done, or change the plan on it??), and making some dish towel hangers with attached potholder (love these things!).  Maybe I can get those other "little gifties" finished, too, that I started last year? 😕

Our pets, 6 kitties all together, is what holds up the "where to live" for us, too.  The RV plan sounds like a great idea, too, but I understand the thought of living in close quarter with 2 dogs and 2 cats ~ LoL ~ it would be exciting, I'm sure! :D   After cleaning up after Trixie, again, before daybreak this morning, I'm ready to kick her butt out the front door permanently!  When she goes outside, she likes getting up on the roof of the other house and drinking from the gutter??!!  Of course, then that upsets her tummy, sooo . . . guess who gets to do "clean up"?  ME!  I came up with a splendid idea, tho . . . put ALL THREE cats over at the other house, set up a cat box and heat lamp over a bed for them, and that gives me my house back ~ :D   And they would have fun chasing mice over there, too! :D   Oh! how I love this idea the more I think about it! LoL

I loved that show "The Waltons", too ~ :)  I haven't had a family holiday time in about 25 yrs!  Family is just too spread out all over, and with son being in the Navy and relocating every 4 yrs, it makes it next to impossible.  So I send out cards and do phone calls for birthdays, anniversaries and holidays . . . kinda like living in the 1800's ~ LoL :D   I know it must be hard for you and the family, not being able to gather together as before.  And having to drive long distances really takes a toll on these ol' bodies, too, heh?

Well, hope you have a great day, Lea, getting lots done?  At least the sun is shining today, here, and it might get up to the 50*s ~ :D

• Like 1

oh I always wanted to have Walton like holidays too,we went up to Schuyler Va. where the real place is that the story was based on,and have shirts that say Walton's Mountain Va.

Edited by pineknott
  • Like 2

Good afternoon! Been busy doing Christmas stockings with my sister. We have 52 to crochet. Then I'm making 8 more of them a tad bigger for the teachers. Fun Fun

Hello.

It's a busy week here with work and granddaughter and shopping and holiday stuff. It's all good, I'm just a little tired tonight so I will probably be in bed early. I hope you all have a good night.

good afternoon

not much is going on,have a great day

Here I am finally.  I have been trying to answer e-mails, but that went bust after 3.

We went to the Post place to mail a package overseas and get some shredding done.

Stopped at the store and still forgot somethings.

They are really crazy out there.

Have a fun day.

hi  all, looks like everyone is prepping for the big season lol  did laundry earlier, got the bed changed, and the laundry put away, and other daily chores all done, so im sitting a bit till we eat, handy is making kielbasi and fried taters umm i dont get that often, but ill splurge a bit today they smell so good and oniony lol  i shall have a wee bit lol  

i crocheted a bit today, to use up some small balls of odds and ends so i think i made 2 or 3 6 inch to add to my pile and today, amazon came so i have a good box for that when im ready lol  

So handy got early Christmas gifts today, the remote control holders came, one for the living room, one for the bedroom, and his casettes for hi micro recorder, and  i ordered a box of flair tip markers, for tiny spaces while coloring, all different colors, and what else, my new magnifiers have not arrived yet, but i dont think they were  prime and maxies canister of treats, is  left out there crossing the country to me lol

hope my hats and scarves get to kimmie at the youth shelter before much bad weather, i was reading through a few posts and someone donated a television yeah a tv, can you believe it lol i wish i had that kind of money but i have to make do with what i can do, not dwell on what i cant i guess  but wow huh   

well din din is about ready so i will leave you for ow take care of each other and stay healthy!!  

artic freze on the way here     brrrr.....

Edited by katyallen8090

Keilbasa and potatoes with onions sounds so good! I certainly hope you enjoyed every bit!

Did a bit more shopping today. Im never really done until Christmas eve I guess. Today it was candy and toothbrushes for the stockings and toys for the angel tree (toys for tots). 

I promise I will start wrapping soon!

Good Morning.  Crisp and cool this morning, but suppose to get up to 73 by 4 PM.

I posted my table and tree this morning and here it is.

Finished up my shopping yesterday and now to relax.

Have a fun day.

Good Morning, off to get the hair cut this morning.

Still cold, but suppose to get warm.  Yeah right, they promised that yesterday also.

Lea, it is hard to have family so far away, especially during the holidays. 

Not much going on, but wanted to drop in and say Hi!

Good morning friends,

Put up the Charlie Brown tree last night. Also wrapped gifts for DH.

Will wrap gifts for my 2 boys later today. Church tonight and maybe some netflix (the Crown). 

On 12/4/2019 at 2:05 PM, pineknott said:

oh I always wanted to have Walton like holidays too,we went up to Schuyler Va. where the real place is that the story was based on,and have shirts that say Walton's Mountain Va.

Oh, that would have been so much fun, Lyn, when we visited son and dght-n-law while they were stationed in Virginia!  Wish I would have thought of that.  Not sure just how far it was from his base, tho?

Hope you are doing good and having a fun weekend.  The sun is shining today, altho it's still on the chilly side 30*s.  Guess I'll be doing some laundry, then finishing book-work.  Maybe I'll get a chance to sit down and work on some crocheting?

Thank you for my Christmas card, Brenda ~ :)   I need to get mine together and sent out this week, too.

Went online and checked out your new home place, girl!  I love it!  Hubby wouldn't probably go for it, but "I" certainly could ~ LoL  (I'd be NOT having any cats, either!)  They sure have a lot of choices, too!

Hope you are having a good weekend, and not working so hard with the moving and resettling now.

From the Norfolk area to beyond Charlottesville about 3 hours one way