katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Got home Monday at 1 AM (supposed to be much earlier but missed a connection). Spent yesterday doing laundry so I can pack again today. We drive to Naples tonight to spend TG with my Brother and his family. 

I did get started on the ami doll. I may work on it more today once I am done packing.

Edited by ratdog

looking for mini wife and leas addy, anyone have it thought i did but cant find it thanks email if you have it  i found bgs but not those other twos addys  getting my Christmas cards ready to mail today so, lol time is if the essence  lol  

• Like 1

ok with that out of the way lol glad to hear most of us are well seems to be someone sick though every time i sign on anymore you all just have to take better care of your selves ok!! I guess im sorta preaching to the choir here huh lol  

well guess what, handy cleaned the oven today lol i had forgotten it was enamel blue speck in there lol  only fair as i dont use it much but the last couple times he did, it set off the fire alarm lol  so a cleaning was well needed, and much appreciated lol  

hope all are ready to feast tomorrow, i know i am lol  i love the smell of the turkey cooking, just makes ya hungrier though lol   tonight we are gonna have the last two sirloin steaks in the freezer lol  we saved them till now and they will be served with half a baked potato for me, and maybe some broccoli too  

the snow here didnt amount to much so maybe another storm sometime will light my candle lol It is said that by lighting a candle on the first measurable snow of the season is good luck all winter long  its just something we do here i guess lol  

so all, wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving, remember to give thanks to all of your blessing too happy turkey day everyone!!cept the turkeys of course  😳👩‍👩‍👦🦃

Edited by katyallen8090

1 hour ago, katyallen8090 said:

looking for mini wife and leas addy, anyone have it thought i did but cant find it thanks email if you have it  i found bgs but not those other twos addys  getting my Christmas cards ready to mail today so, lol time is if the essence  lol  

pm sent

Happy Thanksgiving!

Not sure if I'll make it here tomorrow so I'll say it while I'm thinking of you all right now. I hope you all stay warm and have a beautiful day!

I wanted to pop in before things get busy here and wish everyone 

Happy Thanksgiving!:tdance

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.  I wanted to pop in, before the house wakes and the busy work starts.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Its going to be a weird one for me.  Going to try out one of the buffets at the new place.  

• Like 1

good morning

don't need anything that bad,to fight the black friday crowds

36 inches in on a scarf,headed to 60 some time soon

thanks lyn i will check my mail i guess as km reminded me, lea and mini are the same person i guess i meant lovin2crochet or christmas carole lol and leaduh me but thankyou  thats all i need to get them all in the mail is those 2  

2 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

thanks lyn i will check my mail i guess as km reminded me, lea and mini are the same person i guess i meant lovin2crochet or christmas carole lol and leaduh me but thankyou  thats all i need to get them all in the mail is those 2  

Sometimes Dh swears I am two different people when my computer doesn't work.... does that count...LOL

We had a great visit with Jamie & Em, good Thanksgiving with  2 of the 4 boys, MIL&FIL, BIL,SIL & a niece and nephew... the Princess led the entertainment....she can sure steal a show for sure!

We are staying home today, I finished up all the Christmas shopping on line last night.... I need to finish two afghans and a couple dishcloths and then ..completely done!  We will probably decorate tomorrow although I did start putting away the pumpkins and turkeys today

Fried egg sandwiches are as much as I am going to cook tonight!

3 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

Christmas Carol was moving and we never heard back from her with her new address but the PO should forward it on to her new address.

• Haha 1

SURPRISE! and guess who has finally showed up?  HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone, too!  Hope you all got filled to the brim with lots of turkey and fixin's . . . we ate waaaay too much for only the two of us ~ 🦃  But I had a lot of fun baking and cooking!

Well, as most of  you know, hubby and I "thought" we had sold our house to move down into Oklahoma?  That just seemed to go dead in the water, so I guess we'll be staying where we're at for now, at least until next Spring?  I am ready for a break from all the packing, then unpacking and moving our packed stuff between our two houses here!  But it has been good, tho ~ I've managed to lose over 20-lbs!  Yay!  Plus I cut way back on my RA meds, too, so I'm feeling more like myself, loving to get back into my regular cleaning regime around here and doing extra stuff.  I'm loving Life again! :D  We've had another baby born into the family now, so I'm working on a baby blanket and some booties.  Also an afghan for our "favorite" niece and her hubby, who they have been dealing with him being diagnosed with cancer earlier this year and he just now got to be sent back to their home town from being 3-hours from the Dallas, TX hospital they had transferred him to about 4 or 5 months ago.  She is SO happy to be able to have him nearer to her for visiting now!

Looks like this year's end has snuck up on us all, heh?  At times I think I've even lost 2 years! LoL  Hope everyone has been doing well and staying safe with all the severe weather in areas?  Ours hasn't been too bad, yet, just a couple of dustings with the snowy stuff.  Thanksgiving Day and today has been on the rainy side, and some cold, high winds.  Take care everyone ~ :crocheting  :wgrin  :ghug

3 hours ago, bgs said:

Christmas Carole was moving and we never heard back from her with her new address but the PO should forward it on to her new address.

Hey! crochet friend ~ :)  How ya doing?  If I remember right, didn't you move, too??  Can I get your new address?  Hope you got settled into your new place, or will soon.  Moving can be such a pain, but it can be real nice once everything gets back to a little more "normal".  I'm still waiting for those days ~ LoL  We're still at the same address here in Mindenmines, Missouri.

Good Morning Everyone.

The past 2 days have been busy but soooo much fun with family and friends hanging out here. It should be quiet here today.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

• Like 1

Hey Carole glad to see you back.  Boy have you been busy.

Quite here.  We had a great Thanksgiving.  Hate to say it, but we got up to 80 and still going till Monday.  We will get cold again.

I broke down this year a bought a Turkey Breast.  We usually have a chicken breast.  It was good and last night was a Turkey Sandwich.  Yum.

Changing over from Thanksgiving to Christmas today.  Not sure how much I will get done.

Have fun today.

• Like 1

good morning

Christmas Carol good to see you back,sorry plans fell through,congrats on the pds. lost

I don't know what I'm allergic to from thanksgiving dinner,but for two days after eating it,I've been sneezing my head off

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

Christmas Carol good to see you back,sorry plans fell through,congrats on the pds. lost

I don't know what I'm allergic to from thanksgiving dinner,but for two days after eating it,I've been sneezing my head off

Hey! Lyn ~ thanks.  Maybe your sneezing is from too much stuffing herbs? 😛   Maybe a different candle or incense perhaps?  It sure can drive you crazy, trying to figure out the causes, heh?  Hope you get better!

7 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Hey Carole glad to see you back.  Boy have you been busy.

Quite here.  We had a great Thanksgiving.  Hate to say it, but we got up to 80 and still going till Monday.  We will get cold again.

I broke down this year a bought a Turkey Breast.  We usually have a chicken breast.  It was good and last night was a Turkey Sandwich.  Yum.

Changing over from Thanksgiving to Christmas today.  Not sure how much I will get done.

Have fun today.

Thanks, MaryJo.  Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving, too!  Hubby and I might get us some turkey for Christmas?  I know we've been hankering for some!  Even a tv dinner! LoL  We had cornish hens again this year, with all the fixings (hard to make smaller portions for two!).

How's the crochet creations going?  I'm sure you've got more added to the collection, heh?  Anxious to catch up and see what all you've made over this year!  They are SO cute and adorable!

We've been having not-so-cold weather here in the southwest Missouri area, thankfully.  More rain, tho, than we care to be getting . . . thought we'd float away at times!  This has been a VERY wet year for us.  Your 80* weather sounds great! :)  And I'm figuring the humidity is a lot lower this time of year for you all, right?  Wouldn't mind visiting Florida during this time of year . . . never in the Summer again, tho! LoL  My son and his wife are hoping to move to Pensacola when he gets his next orders, maybe in one more year?  They are NOT impressed with Hawaii at all . . . just too expensive to live there.  That's okay!  His momma wants him closer anyway ~ LoL ~  I miss those two so much!

Edited by Lovin2Crochet

On 11/29/2019 at 1:28 PM, katyallen8090 said:

Hey!  KatyAllen ~ :D  I'm here!  Sounds like you're keeping busy with all the lists for this group, heh?  Hope the problems with the "disappearing" group has finally gotten figured out, too.  That was beginning to be a real pain for some, that's for sure.  It's nice to see some new "faces" here in group, too!  WELCOME to those I haven't met here, yet ~ :D

Carole

didn't they rate base housing or did they opt out of that?Wonder if they still run the flea market in Aloha stadium,that was fun for us,when we lived on Ford Island,if you see pictures of the Arizona those trees and bushes behind it is Ford Island where we called home from '81 to '85

we'd get off the ferry and walk across the street to the stadium,we always had to take a ferry or small boat off the island,then after we left they built a bridge across to the island

didn't burn candles or incense

Edited by pineknott

Mary Jo I'll take your 80 degrees any day. I'm already tired of the 40 degree weather here. I'm so ready for summer.

Got back from TG in Naples yesterday. Church last night then ordered chinese and caught up on the shows on the DVR.

First Sunday of Advent today so will be putting up the outdoor decorations and setting up the Advent Wreath. The tree will wait at least another week.

good morning

very rainy here,need to do wash and get a few shirts ironed

have a good day