katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

hi ya.

snow  i can take it with conditions, or leave it lol  i have learned through  the years the key to any weather predicament, is Be Prepared! lol  I guess , you know i like to have plenty of food in the house and of course electricity, and i can deal with it i guess  

I prefer however to at least have had  FALL, before the cold and snow but here,  it is seldom the case unfortunately lol 

we have the four seasons though but two are  becoming a thing of the past   soon we will be reminiscing about, "remember when we had  FALL. OH and a spring, i miss that lkol  and it will become a fond memory somewhat like horse drawn carriages, and the model T's lol just fond memories from way back when lol 

bgs, i dont trust gas appliances, so most  of ours from the dryer, to the water heater to the stove to the fire place  is electric and if we could swing it, so would be our furnace lol  but that if we live long enough, that will be a future happening thing  lol  

Hello.

I hope you are all staying warm and safe.

We were in the 60s this morning and 70s for most of the day. Rain started a couple hours ago off and on, off course I needed to stop at the store on the way home. I think I'm trying to come down with a cold, my daughters both said the grandkids woke up yesterday with stuffy heads and I've had a couple kids in my class coughing this week so I guess I'm getting a double hit of cooties. I had hoped to do some sewing this evening, I need to get Christmas outfits done for pictures. But I think I will sit on the sofa, watch tv and crochet until I fall asleep. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Katy old house is all electric.  No choice at new place.  Stove and dryer are electric.  Water heater, furnace, and fire place are gas.  At least they have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and the fire dept is really close and will be even closer once they finish and move to new station.  Know what you mean by missing fall.  It stayed unseasonably hot and then plummeted to unseasonably cold.  

good morning

rainy here,through Monday they expect 2-3 " just south of the border in NC,they'll see 5-7 inches

Lots of rain today and more tomorrow.  Suppose to get sunny on Sunday.  Today we will be warmer today, but maybe get into the 50's in the next 2 days.  This is January Weather.

Doing the wash.  Waiting for our groceries to be delivered.  I put out the stuff I have for the VA, so things are moving right along.

On 11/13/2019 at 4:03 PM, katyallen8090 said:

hi ya.

snow  i can take it with conditions, or leave it lol  i have learned through  the years the key to any weather predicament, is Be Prepared! lol  I guess , you know i like to have plenty of food in the house and of course electricity, and i can deal with it i guess  

I prefer however to at least have had  FALL, before the cold and snow but here,  it is seldom the case unfortunately lol 

we have the four seasons though but two are  becoming a thing of the past   soon we will be reminiscing about, "remember when we had  FALL. OH and a spring, i miss that lkol  and it will become a fond memory somewhat like horse drawn carriages, and the model T's lol just fond memories from way back when lol 

Our spring was absolutely GORGEOUS this year!  I think everything that COULD bloom DID!!  And our fall was just as gorgeous, but just didn't last long enough!!!

The weather has warmed up enough that today I can get out to run errands.  Grocery store, UPS and WalMart.  Yes, it's an exciting life that I lead. LOL LOL 

Happy Friday!

It rained alllllll day yesterday and started again this afternoon while I was driving home. I heard it's suppose to rain all weekend so it will be a perfect weekend to spend in my sewing room working on Christmas outfits. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

AMAZING!! :)

90-year-old Grandma in the Czech Republic passes time by artistically painting houses.

Anežka Kašpárková is a 90-year-old woman who lives in the Czech village of Louka and passes her time by painting beautiful murals on the homes of her neighbors. After retiring from agriculture work she started practicing her artwork with high quality paints, guided by the pictures she sees in her head as a guide.

Even though these Moravian paintings in blue-ultramarine are truly a sight to behold Kašpárková is modest about her talent. She explained:

I’m just doing what I like. I try to help decorate the world a bit. I am not an artist. I just do what I like.

AMAZING! 90 year old grandmother in Che.png

good afternoon

if I had white stucco walls,I'd love those hand drawn motifs

• Like 1

Realized I had not been on here in a "hot minute" ... things have been blissfully dull....

Monday I had my physical, guess I'll live for another year, good to know....

Friday I had lunch with MIl and hit up a few thrift stores. i am looking for Christmas books for the grands.

Other then that I have been crocheting the Old Glory Afghan for Josh as a christmas present, should finish next week... I DID make a run to the donation box for the church thrift store...the juicer we bought 10 years ago seemed like a good idea at the time... had to brush off the cobwebs to donate it and the old Mr Coffee maker...I also found a tortilla press ( when did I buy that)

Sipping a glass of wine, crocheting and watching some show with dh on the Battle of Midway.... had a call from one of my sons friends tonight who is now an archeologist..he use to spend a bunch of time wiht us, says he missed us and wanted to catch up before he leaves again on his next dig... warmed my heart... we never know who we impact on our life journey do we?

Hello.

I think winter has arrived in south Florida. We are in the 50s and 60s today, good reason to get out my warmer shawls that I love to wear. Went to church and the grocery store. I'm trying to finish up my littlest granddaughter's Christmas dress today. Not much else happening here. Have a good day everyone.

Ditto for this area of Florida.  I am sitting here in Sweats and DH is under one of the afghans I made.  This is January weather not November.  I don't mind the high temps., I just don't like the humidity.

Working on some ornaments.  I was surprised.  I copied a pattern from the Crochet World of Santa and Mrs. Clause.  Then I went on Annie's Attic and there was the same pattern for $8.99.  WOW that was a surprise.

Going to have a practice Thanksgiving dinner. Chicken Breast, stuffing, cranberry-orange relish and a veggie dip.

Have a fun day.  Off to watch Football and then start dinner. 

Cold here too. 

Went to Joanns last night for two skeins of super saver, DH went to use the restroom, came back amd asked "did you get what you need?"

Me:"Yes, and a few other things because you left me unsupervised"

I now have materials for 3 projects and had better get started!

good evening

still waiting to see some sunshine,its bound to warm things up even a little bit

Taking a break from the chaos.

Sat morning buy out guy was here.  Lots of stuff gone now.  He said he knew tools but my glass not so much.  Said he was sorry he could not pay me anything near what I gave for it or pay for the emotional attachment and kept asking me to shoot him a price.  I told him I knew it was no longer worth near what it used to, I just needed to be free of it and wanted it to have a home with people that appreciated it. It was time to let it go.  I had fun searching for it (back then you had to make an effort and connections to find it),  made life long friends and met a lot of interesting people.  He was also very interested in my books and magazines on glass. Sounded like he was going to study them.  He said hand shake agreement if it brought more than he thought he would give me additional money later.  There was one piece in all those boxes that I kept saying I would like to find but there was too much to go thru.  I did quick looks in boxes I thought it might be in and just kept saying if I am meant to have it I would find it but didnt.  The guy said he would keep an eye out for it and return it but I said no it was ok.  Fast forward to Sun afternoon noticed a box in attic that had not got carried from the back.  The second piece of glass I unwrapped was the piece I had been searching for.  I was meant to have it after all.  I have been fascinated with art glass ever since I was a little girl and watched the glassblowers at Silver Dollar City.  The chemistry and history behind it is also interesting.  One particular glass formula requires gold and uranium.  

Sat afternoon guy came and picked up my lawn tractor to sell for us.  It was harder for me to see it go.  Then we ran a load of stuff up to new place.  Sis and niece stopped by for a bit.  They pick up up my recycling, trash and things for thrift store which helps a lot.  Got back to old place about 11pm.  Still trying to recover and keep moving forward.  

Wow you have been busy.  So glad you found your piece of glass you were looking for.

When will you be in your new place and not running back and forth?

Hey Brenda KC won last night.  I did not know who won till this morning.  It was not an exciting game.  I fell asleep with 4 mins. left in the game.

Well off to make breakfast.  Have a fun day.

good morning Mary Jo and all who follow

still waiting on sunshine,its been a dreary few days,Va.Beach and Norfolk got most of the Nor'easter damage,thank goodness for being inland

have a wonderful day

Mary Jo it sure looked like they were going to lose it..  Our time is up around Dec 11th and dh seems determined to sleep at old place until then. Wont have a refrigerator after Sun.  Just hoping I still have running water.  Think we will ask neighbor to disconnect washing machine just in case there is a problem since the place is his.  I just can not deal with dh and a plumbing fiasco on top of everything else.   Not much more to haul to new place.  Its stuffed full of boxes to go thru this winter.  Been working on address changes and signed up last week to start getting mail forwarded to new place.  So lets see bills going to new place, check book at old place but we are going to go pay personal property tax tomorrow while we are still out here.  Then swing by that license bureau to change addresses for our drivers licenses and car titles.  Updated address on my credit card last month and statement is running late this month so trying to keep up on that.  

it's cold here to. The last few days not so bad. I need the warmth back.

Ive just been plugging along on Christmas stuff .

Hope everyone is doing good.

Good morning.  Up at 6 this morning.  Don't know why.

Boy it is cold.  In the 50's till about lunch, then maybe 70.  To cold for Florida.

Working on some new Christmas decorations.

Have a fun day.

good morning

its 50 here too,sun is finally shining

just finished todays shopping list and he is off and running with it,I have to detail it,with brands and put regular so he doesn't tote home things that say light

going to the library thats an hr away,enjoy your day