katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Holy WOW! 17 pages to read through :( Ive been gone too long. 

The job with Target did not work out, unfortunately. Ive got a few other optoins that may be open soon, so ill just keep my fingers crossed. Also, My 17yr old son (good grief I feel old) just got his first job, working at McDonalds. He will start at more than what I am making now and Ive been with schnucks for a year.

But my health insurance plan should start today. Drs changed some of my medicine around as one that I was taking is no longer available to them and cash-pay was a few hundred dollars. So now I have a whole slew of medicine, but I will have to say that some medicine definately does not take as long before you can feel a difference, and I am so happy that I am not hurting all over as bad as I was. 

Miss Jade is doing great, except for her three-nager tantrums. Oh. My. Goodness. Ive had one of those before and I am still at my witts-end with ehr sometimes, and shes almost 15! I do know what to do with another screamer, lol, I guess its a good thing most of my sanity is already out the window. 

• Like 1

Hello,

It was back to work after a fun and relaxing 3 day weekend. I was suppose to watch my granddaughter today too but she is sick so her daddy stayed home with her.

Jade is getting so big and it looks like she is keeping everyone busy.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening.

Cute pictures of Jade.

Just a quick drop in till we leave.

Back home, breakfast is done and now I have to finish decorating.

How is everyone doing?  Hopefully it has cooled off further North it is still the area of the 3H's here, with no rain in site.

Have a fun day.

good morning

still rather warm and muggy here,could use some rain,I think they said we only 3 days with rain in Sept.

Mary Jo when sis and I were living together dad gave us his older kitchenaid when he got a bigger model.  I dont think sis really wanted it but I did.  She grumbled that it was so heavy and took up too much room but when I moved out she would not let me take it.  If you make cookies or bread it is a must. (I cant imagine mixing those by hand anymore.)  If not they take up counterspace and are so heavy you dont want to lift them in and out of a cabinet. Were these the baskets you made a year ago and then they did not do the sale because of different person in charge or was that another thing?

Yesterday we hauled more pavers to my niece, hauled a lot of things to the thrift store, and had several big bags of trash ready to go.  Dh had an appointment to get suv serviced this morning.  The garage is less than 5 minutes from new place so we unloaded things and he went on over while I am doing laundry at new place.  Will have lunch at the grill here-----gotta use that dining credit.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bgs said:

Mary Jo when sis and I were living together dad gave us his older kitchenaid when he got a bigger model.  I dont think sis really wanted it but I did.  She grumbled that it was so heavy and took up too much room but when I moved out she would not let me take it.  If you make cookies or bread it is a must. (I cant imagine mixing those by hand anymore.)  If not they take up counterspace and are so heavy you dont want to lift them in and out of a cabinet. Were these the baskets you made a year ago and then they did not do the sale because of different person in charge or was that another thing?

Yesterday we hauled more pavers to my niece, hauled a lot of things to the thrift store, and had several big bags of trash ready to go.  Dh had an appointment to get suv serviced this morning.  The garage is less than 5 minutes from new place so we unloaded things and he went on over while I am doing laundry at new place.  Will have lunch at the grill here-----gotta use that dining credit.  

I would have to leave the kitchenaide on the counter.  I have always wanted one, but I only made cookies once a year and then it would sit and gather dust.

Yeah this is the American Legion.  They did not have the auction last year, as they insulted the person who ran the auction.  So she came back this year and ran the auction.  I really think she was trying to show them how they messed up last year. My question is, do you break up sets just to make more money?  Sorry, I am still a little sore with this.

• Like 1

Not much going on here but thought I would pop in to say Hi.:waving

Mary Jo,

Maybe no one done that  intentionally.  Like things got separated, mixed -up for some reason. Or someone just got a bloody nose and stuff got soiled or...?.

Maybe you should  call them, send them email or letter and ask them.

Krys

Time to shut down and get ready to, as my Mom use to say, Go Up the Wooden hill (stairs).  Only thing is our house is one floor.

I have to shut down and get everything ready for tomorrow.

Have a good night everyone.

• Like 1

Mary Jo I would be upset too because on the things you made it would take me a very long time to pick out patterns, decide and then find the colors so the sets would coordinate.  I guess about all one can do is tell yourself it went to a good cause.

It has been miserably hot and humid but woke up this morning with temps in the 50's.  I am afraid we are going to go directly from summer into winter.  Staying at old place today to pack and go thru more things.  Dh plans on dropping off his 22 year old car just shy of 500,000 miles at the fire station today so that will be a big thing gone.  

Well, no relief in site for us here.  91 today with high humidity.  Will summer never let up?  Pollen is up also.

Back from treatments, breakfast done and vacuuming done.  

Ok Brenda, I thought I was bad holding on to cars.  You all have topped me.  Why the fire department?

Off to my corner.

I do have to post my table pictures soon.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

hi all yea lyn i am like that with bug sprays, inside or out so i know about that lol   

i dunno then mj, maybe put in a note to please dont break up the baskets they are meant to go together thank you  thats what i would do lol 

we are having pulled pork bbq sandwiches for supper, umm umm good with toasted buns!! 

had  bit of a power thing earlier, my stuff in one strip didnt work so i unplugged it all, and the re plugged them tight, and flipped the power strip on and off a couple times  well whatever it was worked i guess so i survived it but was worried 1. about my coffee warmer, 2. about my pencil sharpener, and 3. my ott light lol  3 main things i need you know lol in order to get  through my morning lol  handy  brought his and neighbors pencils in to have me sharpen them all lol  tis done which is why i needed the sharpener early this day lol    

what do you do for an ear infection, heat or cold?? i felt one coming on as i can usually tell, so i slept with a warming pad it is a bit better, but started to take some of those very potent antibiotics from when i was sick and i think they are doing the job as i can hear a little bit now lol  sheesh huh always something  

oh paid my bills this am too, i just pay them all at once but i have one not due till the mid month, but if i wait that long ill forget it so i always just pay them all at the same time  that way, no surprises at the end of the month lol   i learned that lesson, the hard way lol  also, i learned i really always hold the phone to my left ear,so my right hand is free, but couldnt this time, it was a bit awkward lol  just say'n  

thats about it this time around folks you all take care now  keep on keeping on ok! 

has anyone ever watched an older movie, called Inherit the Wind?? I heard from a friend it was good but haven't looked it up yet on hulu or netflix or now prime, free with my membership lol  I love prime, saves me a lot i tell ya, ans is always on time !! 

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

Good evening!

I have been in a lot of pain. Yesterday I had oral surgery. Hope the pain gets better now. I was not expecting that , but I wonder if that's why my migraines were getting worse. We will see!
So I have been in bed for a few days. I feel a tad better today and I'm up for a bit. So I thought I would check in.

• Like 1

Well I have been hold up in my little neck of the woods and things seem to have calmed a bit,  of course the sheriff stepped down until after the trial and the first hearing is Oct 9th this could drag on for years... there is a bunch more to the story on why he  wanted my son killed... they are playing things close to the vest.

I did go babysit the three boys Monday and spent the night so my son and dil could go to a concert.  Everything was going fine... had the one year old settled in bed.... tucked the three year old in bed and he fell right to sleep... Took the 4 year old who is learning delayed  up to his room and he was fussing so I told him MeMe was  going to  rub his back for a bit after we read a book....the ac came on and created some sort of vacuum and his door shut... after he fell asleep I went to open the door but realized they had turned the door around to lock him in because he wanders ( I hate it but I understand it).. so I spent an hour and a half until his parents came home to let me out...of course there was not a sharp object any where to pry the lock and I broke a nail  trying it that way....I felt stupid....

We are headed up to a friends cabin in the mountains tomorrow for a couple of days... the temp up there is a high of 62... I can not wait!! Guess I'll take some crochet to work on a blanket for the new princess that is coming....

I finished the gnomes MJ and htey turned out so cute...I ended up making one for each grand but need to embellish with some crochet instead of the buttons..

..Ima, Jade sure is growing and I LOVED the Pink Floyd shirt.... saw them in concert back in the day...Dark side of the moon tour I believe... been so many years  ago..

Brenda,  dh held on to his little toyota until it had 500000 miles, the toyota he has now has 300000...

sandra, hope you get some relief soon....

How are the rocks coming along Lyn...

Katy, nothing like a good pulled pork sandwich, but here in NC there is a feud between tomato base and vinegar based.... I like both...but favor vinegar base... we are right in the middle of the fighting line LOL...

Ya'll take care..

Quick drop in.

Lea, you have had one busy week.  Glad to hear things have calmed down some.  Sorry, but I had to laugh at you getting stuck in the bedroom.

Sandra yes, hope you are feeling better soon.

Off to the clinic.

yikes, good thing nothing happened in that hour with the other kids needing you

we did a bunch of tiles for the out of the darkness walk,only had 4 of 31 pieces were left,so they blessed alot of people

Mary Jo we left the car at the fire station so they can use it for extrication training in about a week.   Its made a lot of trips to the fire station.  After they are thru they will have it hauled to a salvage yard and send us a check.   It was harder to leave it than I thought it would be.  Dh got that car in April before we got married in Sept.  We took it to CO on our honeymoon.  Its getting pretty rusty.  The headliner is hanging down. Dh said something was going on with it and he was afraid to take it out for fear it would break down.

Lea my thoughts were glad you didnt have to go to the bathroom.

8 minutes ago, bgs said:

Mary Jo we left the car at the fire station so they can use it for extrication training in about a week.   Its made a lot of trips to the fire station.  After they are thru they will have it hauled to a salvage yard and send us a check.   It was harder to leave it than I thought it would be.  Dh got that car in April before we got married in Sept.  We took it to CO on our honeymoon.  Its getting pretty rusty.  The headliner is hanging down. Dh said something was going on with it and he was afraid to take it out for fear it would break down.

Lea my thoughts were glad you didnt have to go to the bathroom.

Brenda, I do know how attach person can get to a car with all those nice Memories.....

That car what I told you some things about... I still have that in my garage. I do know I am not ready to part with that. I really do not know what I should do about that?. In my case the story is little different. Yes, that is over 20 years old car. But got ONLY little over 60,000 miles on it. And looks almost like a brand new car outside & inside. It was always parked in my garage there is not even one dent or scratch on it. I bought that car brand new. I was & I am the only owner of that car. I do not understand HOW a car with low millage like that would need a new engine??. It is a Cadillac - Eldorado.  The cost of  new engine would be little over $7,000.00. Because I like that car so much I would replace that engine. But the way I am thinking since that car is so old..who knows what other  expensive repairs might be just waiting in line in a short future??. 

I never had any problems  with that car all those years with exception of getting new tires few years ago :). That car never broke before.

That car got very low millage because I always had another car. If I only would know that car would last at least for another 4 years I would get that new engine. But there are no insurances when it comes to that.

Krys

Good Morning.

Great idea Brenda.  Gives them a chance to practice.

Another week gone and now for a weekend.  :clap  Off to get the hair cut today.

Have a fun day.

was out the door at 7:20 this am,got back at noon,went a 5 dollar a bag book sale,then found someones rock garden off the beaten path,it was a round about way,because when the bridge went out they never replaced it

That's good. It seems like everyone is OK. I'm doing good. But I do need prayers. I just started the rooster cone shots in knees. I go tomorrow for the second round of shots.  It's been really hot here. No rain, here either. And it's stuffy. I can't wait until it turns cooler.  Hopefully we will get rain,  soon .   Take care. Love you all.

Edited by snowbear