granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep myself very busy! Here's a grey basket I crocheted. I turned around and made a black one. Now onto a two tone purple one for daughter. I made a bunch of the smaller ones and washcloths to

Good Morning.  Very cool things you made for your niece. You all have probably seen this, but thought you could use a laugh.  

Posted Images

hi every one  good to see you all back and posting  was quite a dry spell there a time before, considered shutting this thread down lol  but I didnt lol  

not much here, we have decided to get some new windows, and handy of ourse will put them in, hes done it many times for others, now rts our turn lol  that job will startin May i think, when we can more count on the weather to cooperate with the job lol 

The trio of windows in the living room are going to be first and then move on from there lol   

all for now, i hear the lunch bell  so good for you good numbers on labs, and everyone, spring has sprung, so enjoy! 

We are finally getting some work done on the house that we've put off too.  Sadly, some projects that I hadn't planned on cut in line.  Never fails when the warranty expires...

We are having our downstairs windows done, too.  We had a company replace the upstairs windows when we first moved in here many years ago and I love the windows and we had an issue with a window this Spring and they came out and fixed it at no cost.  I'm a fan.  The guy came out and measured the windows today.  I'll be glad when they are done.  I like when the work is finished I just hate the noise of having it done. 

Got some wind damaged repaired yesterday so we are slowly getting items checked off the repair list.

Tomorrow I have to start working on getting the Easter decorations put away.  I was waiting for all the outside visitors to come before bringing the boxes downstairs.  Tomorrow should do it.

good morning

oh good  I'm not hearing just from me, guess I'm just the un-busy person that can get here most times, ha-ha

we had some sun but it went into hiding,storms later today, hope it reaches you soon Mary Jo.

Going for a covid test,requested by pulmonary before breathing test on the 14th.

enjoy your day.

if you shut us down Katie, give us a few days for our good-byes,thanks

• Like 1
On 4/7/2021 at 6:43 PM, USpolishgirl said:

What kind Air Fryer you got?. Are you happy how it works?

I bought mine over a year ago from HSN and never tried so far ..LOL.

Krys

We have the Nuwave like MJ,   You have GOT to try it... life changing...LOL... I roasted broccoli tonight... tomorrow trying some fried ravioli....Keeps us old folks busy!🍗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lea, it is great for reheat also.

I love anything that can be fried.  It is healthier and taste better than deep frying.

Tonight was egg salad sandwiches. 

Tomorrow will be my steak in the air fryer.  Then also french fries.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

We have the Nuwave like MJ,   You have GOT to try it... life changing...LOL... I roasted broccoli tonight... tomorrow trying some fried ravioli....Keeps us old folks busy!🍗

Sounds great, I will need to try..:)

Maybe my Air-fryer it is a piece of junk?.  I bought that on "Impulse", I must been little hungry when I sew all that great looking food on TV screen LOL. The name brand is "Philips".

Krys

2 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Tomorrow will be my steak in the air fryer. 

I love steak's. I will try that Air-fryer for sure.  I will need to go to a store to buy those steak's. I would not trust delivery service to pick a good looking steak's LOL

Krys

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Lea, it is great for reheat also.

I love anything that can be fried.  It is healthier and taste better than deep frying.

Tonight was egg salad sandwiches. 

Tomorrow will be my steak in the air fryer.  Then also french fries.

Chris swears steak is like s*x, even a bad steak is better then no steak...LOL

Good Morning. I have been following the air fryer discussion. My toaster oven is soon to be replaced. Was looking at combo units (toaster oven/air fryer).  Many times I am cooking for one so i dont want to use the big oven.        

I get my second shot on Thursday.

Started work on a cross stitch project for my son's birthday. We are going to have the family together for Mothers Day weekend. (Mothers day falls on sons birthday this year.)

I need to get back to crochet. I will get some Caron Pounders and work on lapghans for hospice and senior center. I can do those at night when hubby is home and i need a simple repetative stitch that doesnt require counting and focus ...  know what I mean?

• Like 1

good morning

its cloudy but will be near 80, the pollen count should be lower with yesterday's rain

yesterday went for my covid test and was getting side ways glances for coughing, hey man they should have the air a little higher,if I go into a warm building, I start to cough.

enjoy your Saturday

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

Good Morning. I have been following the air fryer discussion. My toaster oven is soon to be replaced. Was looking at combo units (toaster oven/air fryer).  Many times I am cooking for one so i dont want to use the big oven.        

I say do it, I'm like you...if I don't have to use the electric guzzlers I don't....I am going to have to explore the reheat aspect.... might not need to the microwave when ours croaks

I get to see my oldest so his wife and grandson on Mother's Day...I haven't seen them since Dec 2019....

• Like 1

Katie thank you for the cheerful spring card. Its been a Saturday filled with April showers as was Wed and Thurs. The guys took advantage of Fri's sunshine to catch up on mowing and they stocked the little lake with fish.

QVC had one that was a toaster over, airfryer.  When you used it, it was down and when you were finished with it, you tilted it up to make it take less space.  Actually at rest it was half the sixe of a toaster oven.

Hey Lea, the reheat is great for chicken wings and pizza.  I reheat them a lot.  When we order the, we have some left over, so a couple of days later, we reheat.  It is for 4 minutes.

We are now waiting for storms here.  We were sent an e-mail for a storm warning.  Heavy rains and high winds.

I had to laugh Pineknott about the caughing.  We got our hair cut Saturday.  I was sitting in the chair and I caughed.  EVERYONE stopped talking and looked at me.  I held up my hands and yell it is ok, I have allergies and asthma, besides I have both my shots.  Sounds like a dog with his shots.:rofl

Shutting down for the night.  Have a great night.

13 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I held up my hands and yell it is ok, I have allergies and asthma, besides I have both my shots.  Sounds like a dog with his shots.:rofl

That will be the next thing. Collars with tags on them that we have to wear.

• Like 1

I'm afraid to cough in public now.  I feel like we need a sign around our neck that says I've been vaccinated.  Your right we may all need collar tags like the vet gives you when the dog gets the rabies vaccine. Should have saved the stickers they gave us when we got our shots.  I always keep cough drops in my pocket now.  Sometimes you just need to cough or blow your nose!  Never thought it would become an unacceptable activity.  

• Haha 1

Like Mary Jo I have allergies, my worst being dust.  No matter where I am dust exists, so do the reactions.  Never used to be much of an issue but God forbid you sneeze in today's world.  The public panics.  I have a mask on, I sneeze into the arm, no much more I can do folks.

I am so excited that I finally got both my appointments scheduled.  There was a short window in MA for those with one qualifying medical issue or age, I'm one year under the age, but I do have one qualifying medical, before they open the doors to 16+.  They only opened this under senior window for a 2 weeks and the competition has been crazy.  I was online constantly and finally got my appointments through CVS.

I was concerned once that window opens parents are going to be pushing the doors open so their kids can get back to school, activities, etc.  My cousin had her high school kids scheduled for the hospital near her for the dates available after 16+ are eligible before I could get a date and I am eligible.  So, I can only imagine what happens when all venues are open.  I feel very blessed to have an appointment.  When DH becomes eligible I'm going to be online trying to get him an appointment.  He's going to be in that 16+ scrum and it is going to be a challenge to find an open slot at that point.  I'm hoping they eventually offer something where he works.  There have been suggestions but nothing concrete yet.

I'm waiting for the day when we can finally be in public or have people working in our homes and not need masks.  We had people here last week and I can only say thank God for a multi level home as I was able to escape upstairs for masks breaks because even just uncovering my nose I felt I could breathe again.  I admire and pray for those who have to wear them all day.

Our grocery store is going from 2 days a week to 1 day.  I also read the other day, they have cut the J&J shot to 1/2 the amount we were suppose to get.  We will still get the Modena and Physer (?) at the usual amount.

I am in between thunder storms, so I thought I would hop in and see what everyone is doing.  I am not complaining about the rain, cause we need it.  WOW 😱everything is soooooooooooooo green.

Off to my corner.

Have a fun night.  I hear thunder.

Storm woke me at 4 am this morning. Another rolled through at 7 am. We got 2.5 inches of rain according to the weather man. Tomorrow should be better.  

It really poured last night around 10,wiping some of the pollen away

Oh, I reverted to my old status as a patient, the boring patient

Edited by pineknott
  • Haha 1