granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Reni we got our second shot Thurs morning.  Our shoulders started hurting in afternoon.  They were really sore Fri. Fri we both felt achy, tired, had chills (temp 99.6°F) headaches and I had some nausea.  I made a point prior to getting the shot to stop my ibuprofen for my knee and my allergy meds because I wanted to see if I could tell the shot caused an immunological response.   I sure wanted some ibuprofen for the headache.  This morning arm is much better and all other symptoms are gone. 

Brenda: I'm sorry you felt so poorly. Even though it was a short period of time, it still makes for lousy days. I am glad you're feeling better though. It sure is scary how some folks breeze right through their vaccines and others feel so rotten afterwards. There are so many horror stories out there now. And I wonder if age has anything to do with it. If that's the case, I'm going to be in a world of hurt- LOL.

Edited by ReniC

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep myself very busy! Here's a grey basket I crocheted. I turned around and made a black one. Now onto a two tone purple one for daughter. I made a bunch of the smaller ones and washcloths to

Good Morning.  Very cool things you made for your niece. You all have probably seen this, but thought you could use a laugh.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ReniC said:

Brenda: I'm sorry you felt so poorly. Even though it was a short period of time, it still makes for lousy days. I am glad you're feeling better though. It sure is scary how some folks breeze right through their vaccines and others feel so rotten afterwards. There are so many horror stories out there now. And I wonder if age has anything to do with it. If that's the case, I'm going to be in a world of hurt- LOL.

Really it was fairly mild.   Had I taken my allergy meds and ibuprofen I probably wouldnt have noticed anything.  I really wanted to see a response so was glad to feel poorly.  If it wasnt for the slight fever I could have easily blamed most of my symptoms on my allergies.  Its tree pollen popping time here.   The info we were given said most over 50 experience none of the symptoms.  

4 hours ago, bgs said:

Reni we got our second shot Thurs morning.  Our shoulders started hurting in afternoon.  They were really sore Fri. Fri we both felt achy, tired, had chills (temp 99.6°F) headaches and I had some nausea.  I made a point prior to getting the shot to stop my ibuprofen for my knee and my allergy meds because I wanted to see if I could tell the shot caused an immunological response.   I sure wanted some ibuprofen for the headache.  This morning arm is much better and all other symptoms are gone. 

Hi Brenda   glad you are through it, daughter had that one day and then gone too  I am finally getting a first inoculation of covid vaccine in March on my birthday, none the less!! But I cannot think of a better b- day gift than that, Hope 

on the aquare front, i had/ have as i still do, been 2 seamers down all month.  me and my newest co-mod, and our most reliable overflow seamer are holding the fort down though   

Are you all sure you wouldnt like to o a ghan lol  think about it   

So mid March me and handy will get shot up, i guess   My last Dr appt in Feb was great news, and was advised, whatever im doing, keep doing it as my sugars were great as was my chloresterol and   all in all good check up!! 

cold seems gone, more seasonable weather now, the woodpecker, woke me up as he does every day, so he survived the cold snap i guess lol  another couple of coyote sightings, someone got their snowblower stolen, same old same old lol over and out 

well all well here, hope with you all too!!!        

Sorry to hear about the systems from the shot.  Mine is in 2 weeks.  I will make sure I take my meds and aspirin.

Lost day today.  Up at 5:30, as the allergies were acting up.  I spent most of the day napping on and off.  Got no crocheting done.

Well, getting ready to shut down for the night.  Good night.

My sister posted on facebook that she is scheduled for her "Fauci Ouchy" next week. She is under 60 so I am taking it as a good sign that more vaccine is becoming available!     

Edited by ratdog

Our Govener said that it will now be 50+, with Police, Fire and Teachers first.  They are looking at 18+ very soon.  So things are moving along.

Not sure what is for dinner tonight.  I better get something out, before it is to late.

Have a fun day.

I think  i want to order chinese food tonight. Ill see what DH says. He is currently out for his walk to Dunkin and back. About 2 miles round trip he gets a large unsweet tea and exercise and brings back a doughnut for me.

Hello everyone! I'm popping in here to let you know it is time for the annual NatCroMo Blog Tour celebrating National Crochet Month! This year we are looking for crochet hobbyists – everyday crocheters like you – to participate in the tour! Last year we included a few crochet hobbyists and it was a great hit! Everyone enjoyed it – the participants and our readers. Who better to be on our blog tour than you guys?! Check out the announcement here:

1 minute ago, katyallen8090 said:

nice to see ya donna!

Thank you, Katie! I've been a busy bee getting ready for the blog tour. Lots to do behind the scenes!

No takers for participating in the blog tour? 😥 I promise to make it easy and, also, you can skip any questions that don't apply to you. I know you all like to share your projects with each other – this would be a great way for more people to see your beautiful work!   :artist  :gallery

Check out these two great posts from last year to see what it's like.
Two totally different people – they just happen to both be named Mary.

Mary in Michigan
https://crochetville.com/mary-in-michigan-featured-crochet-hobbyist/

Mary Sweeny
https://crochetville.com/mary-sweeney-featured-crochet-hobbyist/

1 hour ago, pineknott said:

good morning

I ask for a prayer and good thoughts for Rene', she is having cancer surgery on her thigh, thanks

My thoughts and prayers are with Rene'  I do all goes well.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

I ask for a prayer and good thoughts for Rene', she is having cancer surgery on her thigh, thanks

Praying for healing, successful surgery, and a good recovery.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:30 AM, Tampa Doll said:

My ref doll sits next to me all year.  He is never far away.

Good Morning everyone.

The pool leak guy is coming today.  I do hope he can find the leak.

We won last night, so all is well.  Tomorrow Dallas comes to town.  We had 4 games in a row the the Carolina Hurricanes.  What a series.

Have a fun day.

ROCK ME LIKE A HURRICANE

4 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

too cute!!! nice job!!

😊Katy, not my work. I was sharing the link of current squares and #4 is where they are at currently   Just an FYI to the thread members. 
I do like #3 and have that on my mind for a future project. 

Good Morning

computer was dead as a door nail, hubby brought it back to life, now what the heck was that, its only about 2 yrs old, from day one its hasn't been  wonderful, it will cut off for no apparent reason, oh well, win some lose some I guess, have a great day