granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

I can not believe how some of the states are mess up with the shots.  We are suppose to be ok with our second.  The state is now getting some that the Feds are going to give out.  Closest to us is in Tampa.  

Alp1 I am with you on the electricity.  Our heater came on last night.  It is cold today, but we are suppose to be warming up again.

Here is the Safari afghan I made for my friend for a baby. Safari Baby Blanket - Baby & Toddler Items - Crochetville

I am happy with the way it turned out.

They have some dogs and cats here already that had be abandoned by the owners in Texas.  I am keeping an eye on the situation there and hope they get what they need soon and it is not visits from congress or the president.

Off to make meatballs and sausage.  Not sure if it will be over noodles or a sandwich.

Have a fun day.  Will be watching a hockey game that will be played outside at Lake Tahoe.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep myself very busy! Here's a grey basket I crocheted. I turned around and made a black one. Now onto a two tone purple one for daughter. I made a bunch of the smaller ones and washcloths to

Good Morning.  Very cool things you made for your niece. You all have probably seen this, but thought you could use a laugh.  

Posted Images

Hi all  at least thongs are moving wherer as before, it was all ignored and lied about    I*m glad to be back at thr Paris Accord, and the  WHO, and the Iran Nuclear deal, i feel safer already and all in one month!! And covid is on the board for annihilation!! and we are getting innoculations  Im good  lol  

Sun is out and we might see 40°.  Where did I put my shorts?  These velours are starting to make me sweat. 

They pick us up Thurs morning for our booster and good news on our Village covid update---no positive cases in all Village residents and staff reported since Jan 28.  

Found this on my yahoo page from USA Today. Incase anyone is worried that we will change dosages without enough research.

US sticking with two-dose COVID-19 vaccine schedule, though study suggests one shot provides good short-term protection

Karen Weintraub, USA TODAY
Fri, February 19, 2021, 4:36 PM

A new study out of Israel reignited the public debate Friday about the spacing between the two doses of COVID-19 vaccine, but the U.S. government isn't budging in its commitment to the original schedule.

Good morning.

Shock and surprise, the post office delivered the package TODAY.  I got an e-mail telling me it was out for delivery.  It went from Florida to Jersey City, to Newark, to Bellmawr to Camden and they said delivered to Westville.  It was addressed to Brooklawn.  I called my niece to see if she got the package, she sent her husbund out to the porch to see if it was there.  I was ready to rip the USPS a new one.  It was there, so I can now relax.

Today I hope to finish the giraffe and then I will contact my friend and they can come pick it up.  It is going to Michigan, so the WW yarn I used will be good.

I can then get back to making doll cloths for Bailey4's charity.

Cold today, but suppose to warm up as the week goes on.

Hey Brenda, you think 30 is a heat wave we are going into the 70's this week.

Have a fun day.

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Hey Brenda, you think 30 is a heat wave we are going into the 70's this week.

That would be time to turn the ac on!

16 hours ago, pineknott said:

thats wonderful news on your village covid numbers, Bgs

The good numbers may be a reflection of most everyone at Village having received their first vaccination.  I told dh I was getting vaccinated  but pointed out they say its what---- 90% effective so I would always wonder if I was one of the 10 out of 100 that the vaccine didnt work on.  I am hoping the second one makes me sick so I know its working.

It's suppose to be 50 here today with lots of rain.  Typical Seattle weather.  

Got the 2nd vaccination yesterday.  The person I got yesterday to administer the shot put it in way too high up on my arm, by the shoulder joint and not the belly of the deltoid muscle.  I should have questioned her first as I thought the placement was wrong, ( I was in the medical profession before I retired so have a little knowledge).  As a result my shoulder joint is not working very well, in other works I can't lift my arm.  No pain in the arm, it's all in the joint.  No other side effects.  Of course with no other side effects it makes me wonder if it worked.

The information page they handed out said the 1st shot was designed to provide 80 to 85% protection and the second was designed to boost that to closer to 95%.  I got the Pfizer vaccine.

Good luck everyone with getting the vaccine.

The day we got our first shot (given by the pharmacist) I was watching everyone.  The woman after me was a nurse.  Anyway the other pharmacist said they were training her to give shots.  The nurse said it is three fingers from the top of the arm. She showed her three times where the shot was to go.  We got the other shot.  I have gotten flu shots here, so I have no quams that they do not know how to give.

Sorry you have that problem alp1.  Hopefully it will not last long.

No air till it feels like 80.  70 is still to chilly for me. :rofl

alp1

that sounds how my arm was for 2-3 days, could hardly raise it, I've had potent shots for overseas travel that acted the same way

I found it very interesting about delaying your mammogram till a month after the second shot because of the inflammation response in your arm, could cause a false positive and make you have to have a second one done

Good Morning! Feeling good here today- YAY! Sunny and 45°F. It's supposed to get up to 55°F today. That means an indoor day for me again. LOL

DD and SIL will come by about 4pm or so for dinner today. My treat, we are splurging with "5 Guys Burgers" so my DD doesn't have to cook and clean up for a change. She's thrilled.

Reading everything about your vaccine experiences are interesting. I wonder, do you all receive any documentation such as date received, pharmaceutical name, lot number, etc.? Still no appointment here. Arizona seems to be in short supply, especially the smaller populated counties.

I'm plugging along on the afghan. It's turning into a longer than expected project to get anywhere,  but, it sure is pretty. Just one stitch all the way. And especially easy when binge watching on Netflix. I still have to be careful so I don't miss part of each stitch. I've frogged 2 rows out 2 different times, so, I'm more cautious and check stitches periodically. Duh- Should of done that to begin with.

Enough of being so blabbery. Hope all have a wonderful Sunday and find something special to make you smile no matter how small it may be.

Renic they gave us the cdc covid vaccination card with our name, birthdate, date of vaccinations, which vaccine, lot number, clinic where given.  We have to remember to take it back so they can fill it the info for the second one.  If you scroll down it shows what it looks like.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/amp34994649/what-are-covid-19-vaccine-cards/

Mary Jo the ac comes on more in response to the humidity than temperature.  I can tell its warming back up as last night I got too hot with the flannel gown over the summer gown, leggings, and socks over slipper socks.  I had to strip back down to summer nightgown.  Thermostat set at 64° but dh was enjoying his fireplace.  At old place it was cold with thermostat set at 70° but it was a ground source heat pump.  This gas furnace feels so much warmer that dh was even too warm setting it at 68° and he is the guy that actually melted the soles of his boots huddling around a bonfire. 

Alp1 my shoulder bothered me with the first one but not as bad as yours. Its never hurt like that from flu shots.   Really with that high of a percentage of effectiveness with one dose it is amazing they are recommending two.  From what I gather a lot of vaccines are less effective yet seem to do their job.  Just hard to say yet since not much data.  Its like the drs said on the KU updates I watch----this is like building an airplane as you are flying it.

20 hours ago, bgs said:

Renic they gave us the cdc covid vaccination card with our name, birthdate, date of vaccinations, which vaccine, lot number, clinic where given.  We have to remember to take it back so they can fill it the info for the second one.  If you scroll down it shows what it looks like.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/amp34994649/what-are-covid-19-vaccine-cards/

Brenda: Thanks for the info . I was curious as when I get my flu and pneumonia vaccines, I'm given the same type documentations. The link to the article about documentation was interesting. Now, just to get the shot! LOL

Owlvamp: Your dishcloths look great. That's a good idea to make one a day.

Edited by ReniC

I just looked at the paperwork they give us from Publix (grocery store) It has all the info, including the name of the vaccine they gave us.  It has the lot number and the experation date .  We also got a card with our name date of birth and the date for our second shot.  This will be put into our wallets.

What is bugging me is that you can own a house or appt. in Florida, and not live here all the time, you can get a shot, as long as you can prove you own a place, Like an electric bill or something.  They do not need a Fl. drivers license.  You probable have the same problem in Az.  Snowbirds are coming down to get shots.

Well, I finished the giraffe to go with the blanket, so I am now working on a red camo hippo.

Getting warm today, chance of rain coming up and a cold front is coming in:rofl

Don't worry about babbling Reni, we love to hear what is going on.

• Like 1

good morning

just got our reminder that we are due for our second covid shot tomorrow

I am hearing more and more the second dose kicks your butt

enjoy your day, here the sun is shining and tomorrow will be 65, these 35 degree dips are getting old

Good Morning.

It is a beautiful day here today.

Water delivery is today, so the garage door is open.

Going to start getting the stuff out for the table for March.  I did not decorate for February, as I was just not in the mood to do it.

I am going to get back to the doll outfits I am making also.

Have a fun day.

Hey pineknott let me know how the second shot goes.  I am due on March 4th.

Good Morning! Apparently Build A Bear store has Dr. Who bears! My husband is a big whovian from way back in the day so I think I need to make some Dr. Who bears for him.  I have a simple bear pattern I can accessorize for different characters. Hooray another project to do while staying safe at home!

• Like 2

When I was teaching 4th grade DH got me a Build a Bear as a classroom mascot.  He had regular outfits and outfits for the politically correct holidays, (no religious holidays) the kids loved getting to change his outfits.  It was the craziest thing.  Though I no longer teach I still have him and his wardrobe.  When he was home for the classroom holidays he had the non-approved school holidays so he still gets dressed for Christmas and Easter along with the other holidays. 

I didn't crochet back then or he'd had a much wider wardrobe.  Come to think of it I've never made him any clothes since then.  Hmm.