granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

well, i give credit to the postmen here, specially in this cold, the mail still gets here   I wouldn't want to  be or out in that truck delivering mail in this weather but they do, thank goodness   Was 14 below this am. Omaha was even on Good Morning America, as the coldest temp in the states   wind chill it was 39 below, im not kidding  there is not a sign of anything alive outside, it looks desolate, and Icey cold  Bellevue, a town a little south of us, had their power off for about an hour to save the grid  we have not had a turn yet, but could i guess, without much warning I am ok with that, a sacrifice to save the grid, and if anything good comes of this, i hope it is that everyone understands the urgency to get our  Infastructure  in better repair going forward 

Blood check tomorrow, i am hating having to go out lol                

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep myself very busy! Here's a grey basket I crocheted. I turned around and made a black one. Now onto a two tone purple one for daughter. I made a bunch of the smaller ones and washcloths to

Good Morning.  Very cool things you made for your niece. You all have probably seen this, but thought you could use a laugh.  

Posted Images

Yeah Lea, that was the hardest thing for my Mom when they moved to California.  No big family dinners and such during the holidays.  Hey look at it this way, it is now their turn to have all the muss and fuss.  It is hard to move, but believe me as you get older, it is harder and harder to take care of things.

Everyone please be careful out there.  The news was just showing the mattress guy in Texas, who has opened his store again for those without power.  It is scary to see the wind turbines frozen.  They also said more is coming.

Little chilly today, but it will not last long.

Hugs:ghug to all.

yesterday's 70 degrees is but a memory, but so far the sun is shining.

the same people that got hit with the storm the other day will suffer another round, it barely staying north and west of us, but thats okay

oh one other thing, this may be helpful to someone

they are suggesting if you are getting covid vaccines and are due for a mammogram to put the  mammo off a month, the inflammation response in the arm can send a false positive reading, making you have to have another mammogram...you're welcome

7° and snowing.  Havent started rolling blackouts yet.  They said there was a chance of them thru Fri.  Sis was without power for 5 hours yesterday as there were problems in her area when they turned it back on.  Starting to see 50°s on the extended forecast!

Just got a winter weather advisory that says we can expect to lose power again ... prepped ahead today, made sure laundry was caught up, dishes, water jugs filled back up, batteries checked,,,,

well finally was able to keep my dr. appt. got an a+ and a fist bump, said whatever i am doing, keep doing, its working lol  glad as hec its over though, i always stress at these appts lol  I always use my rollator when im going  some where like that, and it does not have snow tires, nor chains lol  

had a celebratory dinner, made some ribs, and ate um all up lol  i am getting hungry for biscuits, and something lol  

kind of a dreary dark day, cold but no snow so yay   we are ahead of the game, cant  speak to tomorrow, though lol  well to everyone, a good day, keep well, and stay warm lol  

good morning, a big clap of thunder woke me at 7 a.m.

rain and more rain, the one thing we don't need is wind,all trees would just keel over bringing outtages

Day full of sunshine and back to normal cold.  Made it to 27° today.  Now I know what all the weird stuff was on the trailer across the street today.  Mary Jo big boys playing in the snow.

Edited by bgs

Looks like they are building their own aquarium.  Should be great for those who fish.

Well I sent up a package to my niece for her daughter's wedding.  Told them to open it when it gets there.  It is the fall afghan I made.  Anyway, it has been sitting in the black hole of Jersey City, NJ for two days.  They live near Philly.  Why it went north is a mystery.  Sent out two pacakages the same day.  One got there a day early and another is sitting around.

Hope all are well and keeping warm.

I have finished all the squares for the baby blanket I am making.  Now to put them together.

Off to see what the world is doing.  Have a great day and keep warm.

New Jersey where packages go to vacation.  When I've been mailing packages recently I've been praying not New Jersey please God not New Jersey.  If my packages end up by passing New Jersey they seem to make it in a decent time.  If they get routed to NJ they end up in that endless package being processed forever stage.

Hi Everyone! I've only been able to pop in once in awhile to glance around to see what all are doing. I had a migraine that lasted too long that made me use the hardcore Rx med, which renders me useless, but, feeling better. It sure would be nice if a preventive medicine was invented for people in my health status and age. I finally started crocheting and reading the other night. I gave up on the "Mosaic" pattern, way too much struggle with the BPdc's. That's probably what triggered the migraine! I'm working on a much simpler stitch for the afghan for my GD. It will probably take longer, but, that's ok.

It's been fairly decent here for weather. We had more welcomed rain last Friday to Sunday off and on and in the low to high 50's through today. I feel bad for all that have been going through such a hard winter and was so surprised when I saw a pic my GD posted of all the snow they got  in Texas! 

It was finally announced my age group (65+) and educators can now get the vaccine IF you can get an appointment. I started calling on Wednesday as instructed but I haven't had any luck yet. So I'm staying a recluse until I can get that appointment. I hope all are well, staying warm and safe. You are all in my prayers.   OOOOOH gotta go- GD just cooked me lunch!

Reni, check on line for the shot.  They are now allowing CVS and Walmart give the shot.  Our local grocery store has been giving it.  No new shots, till they can start shipping again, but those who have an appointment for a second shot are ok.  They are now saying that one shot may be all we need.  Who knows.  They change from day to day.  Good luck on getting the shot.

Sorry to hear about the migraines.  They are bruital.  I use to get them, but since the allergy shots I have not had one in a long while.

Finished all the squares and they are crocheted together, now I just have to make the border.

3 hours ago, ReniC said:

It was finally announced my age group (65+) and educators can now get the vaccine IF you can get an appointment. I started calling on Wednesday as instructed but I haven't had any luck yet. So I'm staying a recluse until I can get that appointment.

Reni, do NOT give up!. Keep trying to get that appointment for that Vaccine. They are NOT making it easy at all to get that appointment!! Me & my daughter we spent many days-weeks constantly looking for that......

I really would think that signing up for those Vaccines should be a LOT easier!!. I have NO IDEA WHY they are doing that to people...?. I guess some States are run by people they do not know what the heck they are doing or they just do not care! about any of us just for them self's, their family, their "friends......". All OF THEM GOT THEIR VACCINE's  ALREADY!!!

Have a Great Weekend! :)

Krys

My sister is in the age group to get the shot now and she can't get an appointment anywhere.  And yes in Pa.  they went and gave first shots that were put away for people's second shot.  So now these people that are up to get there second shot are out of luck because of someone messing this up.  The new person in charge of Health in Pa. is blaming the state and not himself.  Our state is so messed up with these shots it isn't funny.  I feel sorry for the people that really want and need the shot.  I am on the bottom of the list to get the shot so I just sit tight and am in no hurry to get it. 

good morning

wow, yesterday the weatherman said we had rain 14 out of 19 days, thats alot of rain

today there is a very nice yellow-orange glow in the sky. it is by no means warm, we'll barely get out of the 30's, four or five days it should be 50

Our snow from last weekend has all melted and we are back to our normal off and on rain.  I often say we are so lucky to live in an area that does not have extreme weather events. So sorry for the people without power and water.  I love electricity.

We get our 2nd vaccination today.  I keep checking my email to see if it has been cancelled but so far we are still good to go.  Our medicare supplement is through Kaiser and it could not have been easier to get our appointments.  I'm grateful for how organized they are in giving the vaccine.  Wishing those of you looking for appointments much luck.