granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Because of extreme cold and increase in power use the power companies in this area have been directed to implement rolling controlled service interruptions.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep myself very busy! Here's a grey basket I crocheted. I turned around and made a black one. Now onto a two tone purple one for daughter. I made a bunch of the smaller ones and washcloths to

Good Morning.  Very cool things you made for your niece. You all have probably seen this, but thought you could use a laugh.  

Posted Images

well we are still in the deep freeze, in fact, its so cold here, we volunteered to store vaccine on our front porch!!! lol  seriously this a, was 14 BELOW zero, now warming up to the single  digits, lol  heat wave huh car  sure didnt want to start, so handy put it on the charger overnight, and this am when it started, after reading our paper work on the last battery we bought for it, exactly 3 years, and one month on a 3 year battery, lol  so he went up and got another battery being as it was that time, lol  didnt seem like 3 years to me, but that is what the paper work said lol  

so, busied myself and pulled some more squares for my 5th ghan for 2021 lol  I think one in all grannies,

is a good idea  even though i have more of the knits, i think its a nice change up lol

to do  Grannys now lol ..

we are getting and forgive my intended pun lol  very Thread- bare here lately 

Only one or 2 postings now per a few days  I hope things pick up a bit   here is number 4, all packed up now with number 3, in line for the P"O" lol   It is 60 by about 66 or more long i think, combo of one  row 12 inchers, then one row 6 inchers etc.  turned out rather nicely huh  any way stay warm stay safe, and keep those fingers working!! later all   oh beware the second covid shot daughter got it was flu like for a day, they say it might have lasted longer to more like 3 days but she was lucky  now her hubby got his for his work, and, he is fl like too  so i mean im still getting them just a heads uo for us all  later fokls 

DSC00269 (1).JPG

I am staying out of the temp. debate.  Just know we are warm.  We have had rain for 2 days, maybe some tomorrow. 

The weekend was nice.  Sunday DH and I have been together 50 years.  We decided to get married on Valentine's Day, so he could not forget it. :rofl  We orderd a special dinner in and just relaxed.

I have been working on the c2c squares.  I have finally finished the Lioness.  For some reason she was given me trouble.

Well, I wanted to stop in and say Hi.  

Oh yeah Lea there is a package coming up, it will be picked up tomorrow.  I sent an e-mail with the tracking number.

To bad no one is allowd in or out of Florida, or I would invite you down here Lea.  Well, Biden is thinking of doing that anyway.  :rofl

Have a fun night.

I am ever so grateful to have a house with a wood burning stove.  We were without power back in '19 for 22 hours or so during cold weather (a major snow & wind storm).   We would have been in deep doo doo w/out that stove.  I use it for cooking + heating.  

Boy, is this the end of the world or what...😁 

good morning

I noticed the light flow, but not just on this thread, but overall on crochetville, its very lite on the board I've been at for over 20 yrs also called The Treehouse

Good Morning everyone.

I have not been on much, as I am trying to get this baby blanket done and it is almost there.  I have one more square and then we shall see if 2 x 3 is good or if I need 3 more squares.

Thank you all for the wishes.

Today is a busy one, well this morning anyway.  We have a new cleaner coming, as the other one has given up all his home and keeping the apartment buidlings and such.  Well, we shall see how this one is.

Off to make breakfast and have a fun day.

-12° this morning and no power for 45 minutes.  Sun is out and and supposed to warm up to 11 today.  Dh hopes the guys shovel us out before long.  He wants to go clean the cars off and start them.  

just came back inside from basking in SUNSHINE and 70 degrees

we know this won't last, the weather person say it starts dropping this afternoon and tomorrow will be rainy again and in the 40's

5 minutes ago, pineknott said:

just came back inside from basking in SUNSHINE and 70 degrees

we know this won't last, the weather person say it starts dropping this afternoon and tomorrow will be rainy again and in the 40's

70° out there!  So there is hope of warmer days to come. Up to +3.

Edited by bgs

Looking forward to the pkg MJ...and Congrats on the anniversary! 

We got power back on late last night and grabbed hot showers before tucking in to a nice warm bed.... even the animals were happy.  Its very nice here today, but they put up another winter weather advisory with 1/4 inch of freezing rain for late Wed & Thursday.  We are preparing again.

We also decided  its time to move... we had been thinking about it for a couple years.  we have lived here for 25 years and there are so many good memories. All the kids have moved away and the place is getting a bit much for Chris and i to keep up with the gardens, chickens etc....

i spent the morning going through bathroom drawers with thinks we " thought' we would use.... goodness why i would need a hair straighteners is beyond me!   We will downsize  so somethings will just have to go. It will be a process

we are looking at moving half way between the Princess and Prince charlie.......I mean who can not fall in love wiht these faces

bowtie.jpg

savvy3.jpg

• Like 1

Oh My Goodness, those heart suspenders and bow tie and those eyes are so cute, the princess is cute also, they are cousins and not brother and sister?? right ?

• Like 1

Lea such sweeties.  Yep halfway between sounds like a good place to be. Moving was hard but we are thankful we moved when we did.  We are spending the day in where its warm watching out the window at the guys and one gal out in the trucks and tractors with blades shoveling us out.  

• Like 1

Bgs

you mentioned rolling black outs, I remember them from my NY days but mostly happened in summer and not winter.

The military food store  in  Portsmouth is closed every  Monday, we should be used to that right ? what trips us up every dang time, is every Tuesday after a Monday holiday, they are closed, so they get their holiday off, I think that stinks, it tripped Bill up again this morning, its only 9 miles but still...

Lyn I learned all this stuff yesterday. They said it is the first time for  level 3 alerts resulting in controlled black outs in the Southwest Power Pool which covers AR, IA, KS, LA, MN, MO, MT, NE, NM, ND, OK, SD, TX and WY.  Our area is doing fine at keeping up with power production to meet this areas needs so they are interrupting service in areas here to divert power to areas that are in trouble.  

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

Oh My Goodness, those heart suspenders and bow tie and those eyes are so cute, the princess is cute also, they are cousins and not brother and sister?? right ?

Yup, cousins...I know Prince charles had me with the bow tie...LOL

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Lea such sweeties.  Yep halfway between sounds like a good place to be. Moving was hard but we are thankful we moved when we did.  We are spending the day in where its warm watching out the window at the guys and one gal out in the trucks and tractors with blades shoveling us out.  

I was sitting outside in a moment of what I THINK they call the sun this afternoon, and all I could think of were the memories... the kids laughing, playing, Christmas, but we aint no spring chickens any more and i know we have to move on... but there are so many tears in this decision... that being said, all teh boys hae their own families, no one is close... we go there  they don't come here... all the Christmas's I remember as a child where the family piled in and slept in every spec of bed space is a thing of the past.... it just makes sense no matter how painful to downsize then live out her ein the middle of no where in an old farmhouse that needs a ton of repairs.

Lea what cuties.  Like Ratdog, I want to pinch some cheeks.

We have dropped to 63, but we will be getting warmer as the week goes on.

Had the new cleaner here today and boy what a great job they did.

So we are free and clear of anyone else coming, or having to go anywhere.

Stay safe everyone and keep warm.

1 minute ago, minwifeof4boys said:

I was sitting outside in a moment of what I THINK they call the sun this afternoon, and all I could think of were the memories... the kids laughing, playing, Christmas, but we aint no spring chickens any more and i know we have to move on... but there are so many tears in this decision... that being said, all teh boys hae their own families, no one is close... we go there  they don't come here... all the Christmas's I remember as a child where the family piled in and slept in every spec of bed space is a thing of the past.... it just makes sense no matter how painful to downsize then live out her ein the middle of no where in an old farmhouse that needs a ton of repairs.

:hug