granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep myself very busy! Here's a grey basket I crocheted. I turned around and made a black one. Now onto a two tone purple one for daughter. I made a bunch of the smaller ones and washcloths to

Good Morning.  Very cool things you made for your niece. You all have probably seen this, but thought you could use a laugh.  

Posted Images

Oh that sucks.  10 hours, that is not nice.  I hope everything is ok now.

Last of Football.  They had the party for the Bucs today.  It was a boat parade.  They road to the convention center in boats and one was the Pirate Ship that you can ride in Clearwater.  It was so cool to see it.  You could stand on the side of the river to watch them.  One thing that was so cool, was that when they passed the docks, all the dock workers came over and watched them.  They were on the top of the ship, so they got a great view.

Time to shut down for the night.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Hey Pineknott maybe the cleaners unplugged something to plug in the vaccum.:rofl

Off to get the shot today.  It is gloomy right now, but it is suppose to clear up and get warm again.  We are waiting for another cold front coming in next week.

Have a fun day.

Hello

Life is very busy these days so I haven't had a chance to pop in as often as I would like but I wanted to say hello :waving

We are currently getting snow here in the Seattle area.  It doesn't happen very often that we get snow when the temps are under freezing.  It's 27 out now and I just measured the snow in our yard at 9 inches.  It won't last long though as the rain is supposed to return on Monday.

Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.

neighbors pipes froze, they are putting a heater under there now  hopefully  it will be ok soon  we told them, to dribble their faucet that always freezes, but the didnt do that,, so frozen pipe,   oh well live and learn  huh doing fine here, daughter had second shot for covid, got flu like symptoms, including fatique, and headaches and achy body.  lasted 1 day, the covid people said could last up to three days but she was lucky  now hubby, took first shot, for his work, and feels like she did with the second..  oh and the cat didnt like the vets  recommendation of going off her normal food, for grain free, so she wouldn't eat for 2 days always something huh  she is now back on Her food and doing fine 

Car wouldn't turn over today, got a jump from frozen pipe neighbor  what else, just one of those days huh, but we are alive and well and enjoying another sunny but cold day right lol  Started my number 4 ghan for 2021, i have 3 to box up noe  needed one more lol  as i usually send them 2 per box    

Two of our seamers, one overflow, and one mod, are on "intermission for various reasons so it is all falling to me, and our newest seamer/mod lol  we will persevere, I assure you lol  Im so glad she is fast too, faster than even me!! lol  so we will be fine  

well hat is the news of today i guess, everyone do keep safe.... take care, Katie  oh what a darling little narwhale, she is precious!!!

It has warmed up to 0°, snowing off and on.  Fixed steak and shrimp for lunch following 2 virtual church services.  Fireplace is lit and I am ready to crochet.   Got a puzzle out for dh but he says he is going to go for a walk---- on his treadmill.  Glad we kept it as we were going to get rid of it in the downsize because they have 2 fitness centers here.  The puzzles were going to go too.

day 2 with out power, generator will run fridge, 2 lamps, laptop and cell phone chargers for wifi....kerosene heater for heat and cooking... Valentines special today was beefstew cooked in cast iron over the kerosene heater.... lots of crochet and reading going on... still rainy here but i think the freezing temps have moved on... we live in a very rural area and the main electric line snapped... there are only 68 houses in a wide area here so we are always the last to get power restored....

a valentines day to rememebr

Oh Lea!  Glad you have a generator and kerosene heater.  Can empathize as the rural area we moved from was the end of the line on the power grid.  Was without power for a week once.  Had a wood stove for heat and cooking.  Moved stuff from refrigerator to the trunk of my car and an unheated stairwell.  Used our Coleman lantern for light.  Was happier to see REC truck go by than a kid seeing Santa .  I really like electricity! 

Edited by bgs
  • Like 1

good morning

still grey here,y'all that are hogging the sunshine, send it on its way, thanks

now maybe they'll put their St. Patty's Day cards out, take care

Our rain has returned and the snow is working on melting.  It was really beautiful while it lasted.  I can feel that way since we don't need to go anywhere and don't have to drive in it.

Take care everyone! Stay warm and well!