granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep myself very busy! Here's a grey basket I crocheted. I turned around and made a black one. Now onto a two tone purple one for daughter. I made a bunch of the smaller ones and washcloths to

Good Morning.  Very cool things you made for your niece. You all have probably seen this, but thought you could use a laugh.  

Posted Images

On 1/31/2021 at 2:56 AM, owlvamp said:

Lea, my theme next year year is the Narwhal. I have been collecting a few things for the grands. I would love the pattern you are doing.  Can you direct me in that direction? This year is sharks and I made some shark fin pillows so far made out of fleece.

Good morning all!

Here you go Sandra... I just finished mine this morning He is sooo cute!

Narwhal

and oh what i was going to say, we are getting freezing fog here, that is ehat they cakl it lo  it id freezing fog in th form of slivers of long looks like shaved ice,  ice, it is not snow, it is not sleet  i never heard of nthis havr you all ??  the fog  have is litterally freezing, and falling like ice shards of shaved ice   go figure huh  one for the books!!!  

and oh what i was going to say, we are getting freezing fog here, that is what they call it lol   it s freezing fog in the  form o fslivers of long ice, it is not snow, it is not sleet  i never heard of this have you all  the fog  w e have is literally freezing, and falling like ice  weird huh  temp is 24 F is all ???

8 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

I like this upgrade lol  thanks Donna 

@katyallen8090 You're welcome! :yes

@USpolishgirl I've adjusted the font size; hopefully it's better. I'm working with folks to adjust font sizes/colors and any other issues in this thread:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and oh what i was going to say, we are getting freezing fog here, that is ehat they calit lo  it id freezing fog in th form of alivers of long ice, it is not snow, it is not sleet  i never heard ofnthis havr you all  the fog e have is litterally freezing, and falling like ice  

I hope everyone is doing well :)

I finally got my first Covid-vaccine yesterday :).  It was far..  it took me about 1,5 hour to get there and few long lines to wait..  By the time I got back home it was 5 hours. 

I have appointment for second shot of that vaccine 4 weeks from yesterday. I do HOPE they will have that vaccine available at that time.  I will be very happy to get that "monkey of my back"!!

Krys 

On 2/2/2021 at 12:23 PM, katyallen8090 said:

you can make the font bigger, click above button Size  

I was not talking about the size of Font when I am typing. I know how to make that bigger LOL.

What I was talking it was the size of everything when I log  here few days ago. Today everything looks a lot better.

Krys

Love the afghan Katyallen.

Up at 5AM on Wednesday to try and get an appointment for a vaccine.  Sat on line for 2 hours, no luck, there were 2200 vaccines available.  Then I got up at 6AM this morning to get on line by 7AM.  1200 available.  No Luck again.  Now the next time will be next Wednesday.  I will be up at 6 again.  The sorry part is that there are 4 spots I can pick from that are very close to us.  All Publix grocery stores.  One is just up the street.  Keep you fingers crossed next Wednesday, that we can get an appointment.  No shots without one.

I am now working on the Zebra for that afghan.  This one is easy only 3 colors.  Black, white and blue background.  There is a little grey in it.

Still cold today, but suppose to get up to 70.  

It is funny to watch the news guys doing their spot in a coat and behind them are people walking around in short sleeves.  You can pick out the tourist. :rofl

Have a fun day.

Hi Everyone. Just checking in. I got my hair cut yesterday finally and the gal massacred my hair, so, when I got home I evened everything out. My regular stylist is not available. I'll be glad when she reopens.

I've been working on the afghan every night and I'm having a hard time with the Celtic Weave stitch section. I've worked with this stitch before, but with a DK weight yarn, so I'm inclined to think it's the weight of the yarn. It's the back row where I'm struggling. I'm going to give it another go later and hopefully, the struggle will be over.

51 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love the afghan Katyallen.

Up at 5AM on Wednesday to try and get an appointment for a vaccine.  Sat on line for 2 hours, no luck, there were 2200 vaccines available.  Then I got up at 6AM this morning to get on line by 7AM.  1200 available.  No Luck again.  Now the next time will be next Wednesday.  I will be up at 6 again.  The sorry part is that there are 4 spots I can pick from that are very close to us.  All Publix grocery stores.  One is just up the street.  Keep you fingers crossed next Wednesday, that we can get an appointment.  No shots without one.

I am now working on the Zebra for that afghan.  This one is easy only 3 colors.  Black, white and blue background.  There is a little grey in it.

Still cold today, but suppose to get up to 70.  

It is funny to watch the news guys doing their spot in a coat and behind them are people walking around in short sleeves.  You can pick out the tourist. :rofl

Have a fun day.

I do know how that feels....:(. Me and my daughter we spent many hours, many weeks.. on line looking for that Vaccine. I was so desperate I was willing to even drive to different State.  I sign up in many places for that vaccine. I can not even tell right now how many I sign up...?. And there was nothing! no response from any of them!.  

Until last Sunday morning I got telephone call from a ROBOT telling me the address on Line I need to go to make appointment for my Vaccine. I could not believe that! I was so happy!! I got my vaccine 4 days later (yesterday).

Not only that, but on Tuesday & Wednesday I got 2 -emails from different places telling me I can get that vaccine. Those two other places were much closer. I just did not want to bother to change anything.

Mary Jo I know you & your husband WILL get your vaccine soon! :). Just keep trying..!!

Krys

Good morning Pineknot. And how are you doing today? How about everyone else? Things going good on this fair Saturday?

Pretty good here. I tried again on the Celtic Knot section. I went down one hook size and see a difference. I just need to remember not to crochet too tight. It's the crossover tr's that are difficult to work while the back is facing, but you work on the front side. To me it's not a typical BPdc. Maybe by the time I get half way through this row, I'll really get the hang of it. It's slow going for me and a new lesson learned. I love a challenge! I'm off here for now to go crochet for a short time and watch this morning's recorded episode of the Pioneer Woman. Take care, stay healthy and warm. 😃

On 2/5/2021 at 11:06 AM, USpolishgirl said:

I hope everyone is doing well :)

I finally got my first Covid-vaccine yesterday :).  It was far..  it took me about 1,5 hour to get there and few long lines to wait..  By the time I got back home it was 5 hours. 

I have appointment for second shot of that vaccine 4 weeks from yesterday. I do HOPE they will have that vaccine available at that time.  I will be very happy to get that "monkey of my back"!!

Krys 

good krys, we are not yet being called for my group yet but we are registered lol  

• Like 1