granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

one of the authors I read lives in the sierras and shares pics on her blog of snow outside their window, they also have to contend with a lot of bears

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good Morning.  Very cool things you made for your niece. You all have probably seen this, but thought you could use a laugh.  

I keep myself very busy! Here's a grey basket I crocheted. I turned around and made a black one. Now onto a two tone purple one for daughter. I made a bunch of the smaller ones and washcloths to

Posted Images

oh i put them up, ill do it though, take a pic lol  they turned out cute i think  I had several smaller balls of pinks as well, just rolled then in about 15 wraps length around my fingers, tied in a lighter pink, same thin 15 more wraps, or really any lengths you want, then the third color, and repeat till i got a ball big enough to do a couple squares  lots of ends to tie in but helps empty out my bag o f small balls quickly lol  I only spotted these few, and will do this again  i have very little of the pink crazy ball left. and the darker ones, ball is gone  

DSC00227.JPG

oh hate bears, e have coyotes, moving in closer these days, , mating season i think, and they are not seeming to be afraid of humans, i mean if you holler get out of here, they just seem to stare for a bit, then move on  as if uh huh whatever, you know lol  Im sure the fall was short on the turkey flocks this year, because of them  we will see in the spring how small the flock is after this season     

a foot of snow, melting off as we type lol  sun is shining  this has certainly been a month just so far huh  I call it the I's of January here goes my reasoning ok bear with me lol 

First week of January the week of Insurrection   I

second week of January  Inauguration  I again  

Third week came  Impeachment number 2  an I

and for this week, Inspiration and  that is the last I  

Katy hope all that snow quickly melts away.  For us the 4th week of Jan brought Injections.  We just got back from receiving our primer shots for covid.  They picked us up and brought us home which was great since we had a little  snow on the ground this morning.  Grounds crew did a good job of cleaning streets and walkways which was also great.  If we hadnt been here dont know when or if we could have got the shots and probably would have caught covid.  Guys on the fire dept dh ran with have been sick with it.  Here all we had to do was say yes and be ready to go at the time they assigned us.

Mary Jo :birthday

• Like 1

Happy to hear you got your first vaccination Brenda!    

Happy Birthday Mary Jo! 

Finished my cross stitch this morning and spent the afternoon working on a bag to attatch to my bike which is arriving tomorrow. I will add some velcro/straps when I have the bike, hard to judge placement from the photos.

16117865926152065032142.jpg

20 hours ago, cshort said:

Popping in to say Hello  im hoping February has an I   Innoculation!! 

ha cute  no we havent gotten shots yet, but soon we ae hoping    

Edited by katyallen8090

We had sunshine yesterday and low 50's but it's raining again and earlier today than predicted. Yay! The snow is all melted too. I have a jackrabbit living in my front yard under a big desert plant. He evidently found his way here from a field a few blocks away and has been since I moved here in 2018. I call him "Junior the Jackrabbit". The grt-grand kids got a kick out of him when they visited. 

Katyallen: Love the granny squares, especially that pink one.  We had 2 different coyote packs,  where I moved from. They'd cross the golf course from the desert on the other side and go up the street next to my house, then would be so bold as to peak over the fence in our back yard. Every night around midnight they would yelp when dinner was found. The other pack would go up the golf course fairway looking for dinner and stopping at the ponds for drinks. You'd think they were having a party they were so loud sometimes. They'd even lay on our front patio in the summer trying to cool off. My big old 20 pound cat chased one off one early morning when the booger got too close to our fence. Scared me silly. I thought for sure my cat was a goner but, he held his own and came straight back safe and sound. that was the big joke for a long time to not mess with our cat.

I worked some on the afghan last night and made the same mistake I made the night before and had to frog 2rows again. I'm definitely re-checking about every half of a row to make sure I don't repeat my mistake.

That's it for today. I'm off to make some pizza dough for personal pizzas for dinner and freeze a few. Have a blessed day and remember to count those stitches LOL!

oh my, lol  I too have heard them yipping alert to probably some poor rabbit for dinner, but we all gotta eat, so how really can you fault them  i cant imagine even, how people couild be always hungry either, that must be a hec of a torture.  well now, stew foir supper, with biscuits, but pizza sounded good too  we are making a double batch and will freeze it too for anothe time  

Ill show my latest ghan here, but i might decide on a trim?? then I will call it done  its all 12 inc squares, I think 60, by oossibly 72, I have to lay it out one more time to check lol  

good evening

yesterday's snow is almost gone, it was pretty to see, love the snow ( from NY where it really snows & not just flurries like we get here most times )

Hi Lyn.  Sun hasnt been out today.  Street lights are still on and its raining pretty hard out.  So glad its not ice or snow. Temps have warmed into 50's so sort of feels like spring.  

Seems like I was on phone most all yesterday afternoon.  Checked in with a couple of friends.  Then called a cousin to check on my aunt.  Sent flowers to her last week thinking maybe better to send now. Most services around here have been graveside with immediate family and if we are having a frigid day flowers and plants would freeze.  

ratdog..that is awesome!! I need a bike ( besides the one in the spare room that has old clothes piled on it), something for the out of doors.  we have wonderful riding trails near here... I use to live on my bike when I was a kid... leave in the morning and come back about supper time

We got snow... 6 inches which is pretty significant around these parts, we lost power for about 8 hours but we had a generator for the front room and a kerosene heater so we were able to watch a couple movies and I crocheted away.  Looks like we have more headed this way tomorrow..

I am having a bit of a fit with my GERD/REFLUX, the docs have tried everything but the only thing that works is Nexium, which you aren't suppose to use full time... when I rotate off its horrible... I told the doc on Thursday that it was quality over quantity now because I don't want to spent long periods of time in pain on a bland diet... getting old is not for the faint of heart...

The grands are growing like weeds..... Wyatt, my oldest grand who was born with brain damage is 5 and he just learned how to write his name... we are so proud! He has a wonderful teacher and a team of folks through his school that take extra time with him...I think if he was doing more in person learning he would even make more improvements...

off to work on a Narwhal for Ethan who will be turning 5....I found a book to go with it...and he wanted rainboots cause his mom won't let him play outside in regular shoes...LOL

Lea, my theme next year year is the Narwhal. I have been collecting a few things for the grands. I would love the pattern you are doing.  Can you direct me in that direction? This year is sharks and I made some shark fin pillows so far made out of fleece.

Good morning all!

good morning

anybody else getting sent back to the first thread from 2019?,thats been happening for days, not just from Donna's upgrade today

wow its up to 174 pages

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

anybody else getting sent back to the first thread from 2019?,thats been happening for days, not just from Donna's upgrade today

wow its up to 174 pages

I haven't been sent back, but, the font is much smaller and too light for my old eyes to see. I just changed this font to 16.

ETA: Oops, just got sent back to 2019 and the edit button has changed up in the 3 little dots in the upper right corner of the post's box.

Edited by ReniC
5 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

wow its up to 174 pages

To change go to account

Account settings

Settings area

Content view behavior where you have 3 choices

Take me to comments I havent read

Take me to beginning

Take me to latest comment

• Like 1
22 hours ago, bgs said:

To change go to account

Account settings

Settings area

Content view behavior where you have 3 choices

Take me to comments I havent read

Take me to beginning

Take me to latest comment

Thanks Brenda!

Popping in to say hi. Sunday dinner was at DD's yesterday. She cooked a full Thanksgiving dinner for us giving thanks for our family. It was great and today is Turkey sandwiches and leftover sides. 

I'm up to about Row 25 on the afghan. Slowly but surely.

Maybe more rain tonight but not heavy. Finally, some moisture.

I hope all in the New England storm fair through safely. Stay warm and be safe.