granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good Morning.  Very cool things you made for your niece. You all have probably seen this, but thought you could use a laugh.  

I keep myself very busy! Here's a grey basket I crocheted. I turned around and made a black one. Now onto a two tone purple one for daughter. I made a bunch of the smaller ones and washcloths to

Posted Images

Good morning!

Today I will order groceries and have them delivered by a friend. Not feeling the greatest so I want to stay home. My hand has it days and it's cold out... I'll get to stay in my pj's... Win win.

5 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

another appt. this time nail trim at podiatrist

My Mom when she got older and could not do that her self, she always have her toe nails done by getting a Pedicure. I would never thought that a person can make appointment to a Doctor just to have their nails trim and Insurance would pay for that.
Krys

well, people, a new day is dawning.  the sun is out shining brightly, the sky is clear, and a bright blue, and we are all sort of exhaling a bit and relaxing for a spell!!!  still amazes me how the sun being that far away, how its heat still reaches us  fascinating huh  so much we dont know, so much to learn  I will get to work now, much to do, things need doing as long as we live, huh  take care of each other folks  we are all we got!!

Hubby is getting his second dose of covid vaccine today. Hooray! Not sure when it will be available for me but I remain patient and optomistic. Hopefully by summer. Who knows?          

No big plans this weekend. Another weekend at home.         

Got notice that my walking bike has shipped! Cant wait to get it! First trip will be to Baskin Robbins for Ice Cream! 

• Like 1

there hasn't been any talk here of shots,I fall into the high risk group to get them, still shaking my head that this has been going on a year already

Our state prioritized felons first.  My understanding is they are working on getting to nursing homes and assisted living.  Then in Feb if you are over 75 they will think about vaccinating you but no promises. 

Good Morning

Quiet here today. I need to do laundry and go to the grocery store, I should probably do some cleaning too.

I hope you all have a great day.

Our state announced on Monday they were opening up vaccinations to everyone 65 and older.  We were able to go online Tuesday night fairly late and get appointments for the first shot January 30,  That appointment was paired with one for the 2nd shot on February 21st. so as long as they have the vaccine in stock it looks like we are good to go.  Very exciting as I have not been in a store since March 5, 2020.  I remember the date as we stopped at the store on our way home from my last radiation appointment.  The next week was when everything shut down here.  I got one haircut in September but have not gone anywhere else except medical appointments.  The first thing I want to do after waiting the 2 weeks post vaccinations is get a hair cut.  When I look in the mirror now I feel like someone from the 70's is looking back at me.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend.

Patty

• Like 1

This was our Jan project provided by the Village.20210123_130301.thumb.jpg.8a2a5866bbbaeae9b2d7903e398347b3.jpg

We were scheduled by the Village for our first vaccines Wed.  Neighbor just got his second one thru VA.  County wants people to register with them online.  I get general info from CVS its coming but no info as to when.

• Like 1

Brenda, those are so cute!

Sandra, what have you been crocheting?

I am on a dishcloth kick, mindless and useful.  I use them for gifts through out the year.

Hope everyone is well.

Every year I go through a dishcloth phase.  I replace the old ones along with the scrubbies.  It's a great chance to clear my brain.  It also is fun to learn new stitches as I use them no matter how weird they look when I'm done.

I've been making acrylic yarn scrubbies for years and even DH can't believe how well they clean.  The scrubby yarns irritate my hands and I ended up giving my supply away to my MIL and her sister.

I use this pattern here although I saw an upgrade for sewing them together that makes sense that I'm going to try the next time I make one.

Lea I haven't crocheted one thing this here. I have a few projects that I would like to finish up. Been trying to let my hand rest the best I can, I'm so tired of it being in pain. Not sure what's wrong with me. But the last few days I can barely get out of bed. I'm in pain and I just lay there... I feel a tad better this morning and I am up. 

I need to get more tulle, Scrubbie yarn and some cotton yarn. I want to make more scrubbies , and washcloth's. Easier for me to do. I also need to get some Red and white blanket yarn.

My theme for this year for the grandchildren will be sharks for grandson"s and Unicorn for granddaughter. So will make each a Tie blanket and crochet them a giant shark and then 1 unicorn... I just need to feel better then get the supplies when I can and get to work...  I want to start early.... Last year was let's say not what I had planned and by the time the end of the year got here I got nothing done.... So prayfully this year I can be on my game and buy supplies and get it made.... 

Good morning!

I slept in until almost 5 this morning. I attended church online and I'm hemming the kitchen towels I was weaving. Not sure what I'll do the rest of the day but I'm sure I can find something to do.

Have a great day everyone!

hi everyone  we are expecting about a foot of snow here, lol  i heard in the mountains 9of Calif. they are expecting  about 20 feet  i guess im ok with the foot lol   I made sort of a magic ball, tied   in different bits of colors i had to use up, never done this before so, lol  I have made a couple solid grannys from it, and the turned out great, but true, lots of ends to weave in lol Ill snap a pic for you lol  

all for now though, back to the square factory lol  cute cupcakes Bgs, see ya all soon take care

I watched the game Sunday with my SIL while my DD cooked dinner. I was amazed at all the fighting on the field. I thought a couple of times the Ref's might get punched. Pretty intense.  DD made such a great dinner Sunday night. Grilled Chicken Fajitas, homemade flour tortillas, salsa, guacamole, plus all the other toppings. She also grilled Salmon for the GD. I'm having leftovers for lunch. 😁

Mary Jo: My niece in L.A. is nuts/bonkers about Tom Brady. She was crushed when he moved. Now she is torn between the Patriots and Buc's. She is more football crazy than any guy I know. But, she gets to cheer him on again at the SB. LOL.

It snowed for a little while yesterday and a lot more during the night. More coming. It got down to 28° last night and early morning but 32° now feeling like 21° because of the breeze.  The street has melted, but, icy patches. I think I'll stay in. I sure miss my fireplace with the pellet stove on days like this. How's that for the weather report from non-sunny Arizona? LOL It's definitely a crochet day!

Katyallen: Interesting about your Magic Ball. I want to see it please. 😁  Yes, lots of snow in the Sierras. My aunt lives in Sonora, Cal (at the base of the Sierra's) and they got a ton of snow, but it's melting now there also. Looks like winter storms all across the nation for the rest of the week.

Stay well and be safe everyone.

Edited by ReniC