katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

52 minutes ago, ReniC said:

Good Morning/Afternoon wherever you may be!

My DD went to Walmart yesterday to pick a few things up for me and sent me this photo, telling me it's probably best I don't go shopping. She thinks I'd get so upset because of the way all of Walmart's aisles look right now. She had to go to 2 other stores to get the rest of the items on my list and they look the same. We have 4 other grocery stores in town and they're all like this. We're extremely shopping challenged to begin with because the population boomed in the past 10 years and no new shopping has been introduced to relieve the demand. Are the empty shelves like this happening in your areas due to Covid? It's really scary.

I saw on the news last night that the vaccine in my state may be expanded down to people age 65+ that have health problems. Maybe there's hope yet.

I only crocheted 2 rounds last night. I was too tired to do more. Oh! And I did get a text that my yarn should be here Friday- Yay! 

I hope you enjoy the day as much as I'm going to. :flower

Store.jpg

This is the section of our store where the paper towels, toilet paper and of course Lysol spray.  

Mary Jo, that is what the shelves in my WalMart look like in the paper products aisles.  Very little toilet paper and paper towels.  At the grocery stores, the paper goods aisles look the same.  

Reni I havent been out much since last March but when I have been out (last time was just after Thanksgiving) things were really different.  Most notably at Sam's Club and Walmart.  Sam's Club used to have one huge section with toilet paper and paper towels on pallets on the floor and then those huge shelves along the wall would be stacked all the way up to ceiling.  Last time I was there all there was in that whole area was a few packs of some specialty type paper towel.  That was smack me in the face sobering.  There were many other empty spaces.  I noticed in the grocery section at Walmart they were just filling some of the empty shelves with whatever so they didnt look slap you in the face empty---- like crackers are in section where normally would be but then you see them randomly in other places just shoved up on a shelf.  Cleaning supplies are hit and miss depending on if you happen to walk in when they are putting what they got in on the shelf.  We try to remember you can buy cleaning supplies at many hardware stores and places like CVS and Walgreens carry toilet paper.  Grocery store shelves are not looking as empty as big box/ discount stores.  Seemed like the Hyvee grocery stores around here had toilet paper and paper towels the whole time but they had a limit and most likely not the brand you normally used.  

I go to our local grocery store and they are better now with the toilet paper and paper towels but the cleaning supplies shelves are always empty.  I go to a place called Total Liquidation store and they always get the lysol wipes and many cleaners so I am stocked up on them.  They are always limit to 1 per person.  On Saturday I try to walk through the Target store and get what I can there.  It is tough out there to get many things these days.  Well I am done work for the day so I figured I come on here to look around.  I will probably crochet for awhile.  Have a great night everyone

Just popping in to say hello, not much happening here.

good morning, another sunny day , think it will be near 60

have a great day

Thanks for all the info. Arizona is so hard hit with the nasty pandemic. I'm afraid to go anywhere. My SIL works for a major international beverage company so, he has to go to all stores that sell any kind of soft drinks or alcoholic beverages. He goes in the earliest part of the day to avoid public contact. What he sees is people are hording again, anything that does not have limited amounts on them! My theory also is the factories and distributors are feeling the crunch because of so many people being ill. I pray every day that this will end soon, but, predictions from the so-called experts say otherwise. Guess I'll just stay home and keep on crocheting.

Reni we try to not go into a store (really anywhere) any more than necessary.  We buy a little more so as not to have shop as often.  We evaluate our shopping list and try to just shop one place instead of the multiple ones we normally would.  Then trying to keep it simple since dh is doing most of the shopping.  I have always been a hoarder but out where we used to live nearest grocery store was 10 miles away and the last several years it was pretty poorly stocked meaning you would have to go at least another 10 and take your chances there.  I was going to work on my hoarding but covid sort of convinced dh it might not have been such a bad trait after all.  

Its been a blustery snowy day.  Sometimes visibility was poor but traffic is moving along pretty well on the streets.  We have been watching the grounds crew clearing snow.  Dh called to order our Super Bowl snack packs that the Village is handing out.  Yesterday we went and filled out our paperwork to get our covid vaccine.  Over 900 signed up so they are getting all of our paperwork done.

Hello everyone! It's been a bit of a crazy day and I am beyond tired. I'm hoping to do a little crocheting to relax and hopefully sleep good tonight. I hope everyone has a very enjoyable weekend.

Well, I haven't seen my oldest son, his wife and my grandson since Dec 15 2019 because they are following guidelines....and in my state I am in phase 4 because I am too healthy... I am considering eating cookies 5 times a day to become morbidly obese so I can get the shot.....

can you tell I am going stir crazy?????

In this state prisoners are going before the elderly.  There was an article this morning that the prison population is skeptical so some are passing on the vaccine.  So be it move it on to the elderly and then the rest.

Hi Everyone! I am back home.

My daughter is doing fine.  Her surgery went Ok.

Krys

Krys that is just great about your daughter.

Reni good news about maybe changing the age for the shot.

I read about prisoners' also getting the vaccine before elderly.  Do you know they also get a relief check like the rest of us?

The thing that got me in the grocery store was the lack of paper plates.  It sort of made me laugh.

Well Thank you to the gods of the PO.  My last package finally make it to its destination.:jumpyay  What is that over a month?

My afghan is done and I will be getting pictures later today.

Have a fun day.

• Thanks 1

good morning

we had a wayward package too, his sister sent two from Germany, mailed them in Oct. they arrived two days ago, this is the second year its taken sooooooooo long to get to us

Good chilly morning.

It's a little too cold for my liking this morning, 50 degrees. On my crochet hooks I have a sweater that I'm attempting from some really pretty fingering weight merino yarn. And I have some kitchen towels on my weaving loom. My little granddaughter will be here today so I don't how much I will get to work on either project but it will be a good day either way. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

I've never done a towel on the weaving loom. Is it the round ones or oblong ones you use for scarves? Or something total different? My hand has been in so much pain that I haven't crocheted any this year... I need to get in gear... 

good morning

found out this morning there is still a pkg. missing, one with good luck piggies for the new year

Good Day All: Battling a migraine here but, I flat refuse to let it get me down! DD comes over later today for our Sunday dinner. I told her to just pick up pizza and make a salad for the healthy part. She's always doing things for me. I'm so blessed.

I checked on the tracking for the yarn order from JoAnn's since it was supposed to be here Friday- Hah! Tracking said it was still in Kansas. :rofl Now it says delivery is tomorrow. They better grow jet-wings on that truck and get scootin'.

I frogged the Mosaic blanket last night.  At 24 inches square, it was not going well at all. It was pulling in on the sides and no amount of blocking would remedy that. Oh well. I'm still hunting for a pattern to get going again. Something square, from the center out and different stitches every few rounds. 

It's supposed to be 67°F out today, so, I just may sit on my patio swing and work on a set of potholders I started some time ago. Enjoy the day. :ghug

• Like 1

Good afternoon. I dont remember the last tome I picked up my hooks. Probably November. I have been cross stitching with some other online "friends" over Twitch.  I will be doing another crochet project in a few weeks. I'll let you know more when I figure out exactly how Im going to do it. Still thinking about details.

1610914516097-1736425718.jpg

Good morning.

I have the day off and no little granddaughter today so I think I will relax and weave or crochet or something fibery :lol

Sandra I use a rigid heddle loom for weaving. I have this one https://www.ashford.co.nz/products/weaving/product/sampleit-loom2. Mine is 16" wide but I'm thinking I might want a wider one. I would really like a floor loom but they are really out of my budget range. 

Ratdog your cross stitch is so pretty. 

Reni I hope you're feeling better, headaches can be so miserable.

Lyn I hope the piggies get to their home soon, the mail lately has been so unpredictable, I've had packages show up late and others show up a day early. A card mailed from Pennsylvania took 2 weeks to get here but a package from Spokane Washington was here in 3 days.:no

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Good Afternoon! Headache is gone and I'm so glad. They usually last 3-4 days, so, Yee-haw for me! Pizza was good last night. We don't usually order it often, but, when we do, it's like a party with everyone around the table going "mmmm, so good, mmmm".

Still no package from FedEx, but, today is a holiday. Although, I just saw the (post office) mail carrier delivering packages. So strange how things have changed. 

I'm still browsing around for an afghan pattern. I can't seem to settle on just one. Decisions, decisions. I do enjoy surfing the web though.

I hope everyone has a great day and gets to do something they enjoy- even if it's nothing at all. 😘 

hello all  well so far so good regarding the capital bldg, thank goodness for that huh 

getting my boxes of ghans down, one box is to go tomorrow, then, my inventory will be depleted lol  i will just take a mini staycation i gues much to catch up to lol   take care, stay healthy all