katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Posted (edited)

Good Morning everyone.

Things  have to get better this year.

Well off for the yearly tits squeeze.  I have an appointment for for the Mamo this morning.  Yeah!

Not much going on.  I will have 3 games today to watch and 3 tomorrow and Wed. the Hockey starts, so I have lots to watch.

Cold this morning and suppose to get colder.  In the Upper counties the Strawberry Farmers and such will be watching and getting the sprinklers ready to coat the plants.

Well, off see you later and have a great day.

Edited by Tampa Doll

Hello!

I slept in until 5:30 this morning. Then started laundry and finished sewing the new curtains I cut out last night, they are for my bathroom. Went to the grocery store and did some more laundry. Now I'm trying to plan color design to start weaving some kitchen towels for my daughters. That's about it for my corner of the world. Enjoy your day!

good afternoon

That reminds me, I have to get mine scheduled soon

hi Reni, and everyone  not much around here happening, just cant ger inspired for what a few days now  so will keep busy, doing my chores and such  hope all is going well with you all  see ya soon,  katie 

Life feels a bit topsy turvy all over the place doesn't it, no matter what you believe or where you are... Let me just give all of you a big hug......

Feel Better?

.. I am forcing myself to create, clean, read a novel or two.... smile at my husband a bit more.. pet a cat or two, take slow sips of tea ...

On the hook is a very large stuffed bear for my grandson Carter's birthday in Feb. He will be three... I need to get my Aunts package out for her birthday the end of this month. I made her a pocket shawl and it turned out great. I think I need one.

... Be kind to yourselves....this is a rough week... eat that extra piece of chocolate if you need to....Love ya'll

Good Afternoon everyone.  Thanks for the hug Lea I sure could use some.  That is one thing I miss having the virus around I can't hug anyone.  It is a bummer.  Not much going on here today.  Did some errands (post office, dropped a Christmas gift that came last Sunday for my DIL house, checked Total Liquidations out for dolls but no luck, went to my pizza place for lunch, came home and off to HL where I did get some yarn for a baby blanket I need to start)  Back home now and going to crochet.  

Lea would love to see the pocket shawl you did if you have pictures.  That is one I want to try to do as I do want one for myself, but know if I do one how many people would ask for one?  Oh well I will read a couple more posts and off to crocheting I go. 

Tampa Doll thanks for the reminder of the tit squash as I have to make any appt to have that done too.

Have a great night everyone

Hey Lea thanks for the hug.  

Yeah Segi, DH said I should not of called it that.  Hey it is what they do.  I still say if the guys had to have the hoha squashed like that they would find a better way to do it.  Well, I am good for another year.

Oh yeah when I went to the Dr. they put DH and I in separate rooms, as they had to ask us questions.  We were told to remember 3 words.  Kitchen, baby and sunrise.  They I had to put numbers in the clock and put hands to make it 11:15.  Then she asked me for the words.  I said Clock, baby and sunrise.  She said no it was Kitchen.  So I told her all kitchens have clocks.:rofl  They were trying to see how our memories were.  Then they moved us into one room.  

The vaccine, we have been told that the hospital will do a random thing and we will get an e-mail telling us to call for an appointment, they will be doing 250 per day. We have now found out that 22 grocery stores will be given out the shots by appointment, but none are near us.  so we wait.

We are going down to 35 today.  THAT is to cold.

One of the young girls at the mamo today said she wants to move north for 3 years.  (born in Florida).  I told her 1 snow storm and she would be packing her bags and moving back.  The woman standing next to me to check in said you got that right.  She was from Philly.

Well, enough.  I am going back to my corner to watch football.

Have a good night.

Oh goodness MJ... not the "TEST".... had my first one this year.... I remember the first time they gave my mom the test and told her to write a sentence.... she wrote " I am not a stupid old woman."....LOL....

Chris and I are having discussions of moving, the farm is getting a bit much to take care of. no animals but the cats and dog... but 5 acres is getting a bit much for DH and none of the boys live near us.

Problem is none of the kiddos live near each other... so where do we move??? any places for sale near you MJ...🤣

Segi thanks for checking.

Mary Jo, you had my sympathies.  It's never pleasant but last year I moved to a new facility and the pain level has increased from OK this sucks to I still have bruises a few weeks later.  I used to be able to get it done at the labs in the Dr.'s office but now everything is done at the hospital and it isn't an upgrade.

Good morning!

Woke up to a chilly 47 degrees this morning :wbrr I'm glad I don't have to go any place today. I'm going to church online and then plan to work on my first weaving project of the new year, some kitchen towels for my daughters.  The youngest daughter moved into a new house in November and the oldest will be closing on her new house at the end of this month when the builders finish it. Both have blues and grays in their kitchens so thats the colors of the towels. 

I hope you all have a great day and stay warm.

Good morning!

Does anyone have the Addi knitting machines? I really want the big one ..

Just wanted to see if anyone had one and is it worth having one? I wouldn't mind collecting the different sizes...I've watched a few videos and love it... Maybe I can go check my thrift shop and see if anyone got bored with it.I can not justify the prices. You never know someone might want to get rid of Theres.

Owlvamp

if you go to the thread Boxing Day 2021,  babypoohsmom ( Denise ) has talked over the yrs about a knitting machine and think she has one or two, that's true you never know what will show up at the thrift stores, but around here they have gotten pricey over the year meaning the thrift stores not the machine,since I haven't seen any 

Edited by pineknott

Well, sunshine today, what a change!!  I had some fresh strawberries, with cool whip for lunch was delish!!

I* feel energized!! Th e world is a better place today!!I thought of something else, oy yeah, lol  tomorrow will mark my first two ghans in the new year going out to Pine Ridge!! Yay!!  2 to a box, 3 boxes, so 1 down tomorrow, two to go lol  Im so glad to send them out, and clear that corner up a bit lol  I will vac it today and make sure its nice and clean lol 

I now have enough squares to make a few more ghans, and at least one box overflow, but then the overflow will be in someone elses bins lol  I can reclaim them!!Bout all for me today, gotta get busy before the strawberries wear off lol  see ya soon     katie 

I am so glad some one has energy today Katy!  I am forcing myself to undecorate, do some laundry, make the bed...and I have absolutely no crojo.... and a grandbaby birthday in Feb that needs a bear!.....I don't do well when the universe is tilted...LOL

Sandra, on my amazon wish list I have a Sentro, its a knitting machine like the addy.  less expensive. That way I can see if I like it enough to buy an Addy.  They also have the Addy at Fingerhut for low monthly payment... not sure if that is an option for you...  Did you get snow?  We didn't get any which is unusal since all around us did.

Got a couple Christmas cards from you gals a couple days ago.... gotta love the mail!

My decorations are finally down for Christmas!!!  DH has to put them in attic but they are boxed and that is an accomplishment.  When he puts the Christmas stuff away he'll pull the Valentine's decorations out. 

I ordered two garden Valentine's flags with the dogs pictures on them and they arrived today so that was a bright moment getting those out.  I had new Christmas ones and with this package I have 2 new St. Patrick's Day and one more Easter one.  I got a new Easter one last year with the previous year's visit to the Easter Bunny.  Don't know if we'll ever get to do that again so it was a nice way to remember it.

Cold day but I'll take that over rain or snow.

The mail is completely unpredictable stuff I think will be delayed shows up, stuff that seem like it should arrive without issue is delayed.  When I can I'm sending everything out as early as I can.  People can always wait to open something.  I always feel bad when it is late.

Hello. Just the usual Monday here, work. My granddaughter was here this afternoon keeping me busy and now I'm tired. Maybe I'll do a little crocheting if I don't fall asleep. Have a great night everyone.

Lea, I would say save the money and get an Additional. Been watching reviews on both and everyone seems to like the Addi better. But let me know if you ever get it. No snow here. On Christmas Day we did have flurries and that's it... Just enough for us to say it's snowing and like 5 minutes later it was down. Okay by me though. I'm ready for some heat.... I'm the heat miser.

Good Morning everyone..

Good Morning.

Yeah, there are lots of places to move here, but it would be further away from the kids, so I don't think you would want that.  But you would be closer to Disney, so it is 6 of 1 and 1/2 dozen of the other.

Not much going on here.  This is a quite week.  The only interloper we had was our friend who does some work outside.

I am still in sweats, so it is still cold.

I still have one package missing, so I am going to mark it up to being in the land of the missing packages.  Looks like I will be shipping out packages in October next year.

Have a fun day.

Good Morning! It's cold here today. 29°F this morning and only about 32°F right now. It will get to 57°F for the high so I'm staying indoors (as usual). I got some crochet done last night. I did fall asleep while crocheting for about 15 minutes. Guess I needed a power nap. LOL

Nothing much is going on here. I'd love to go shopping but, that ain't gonna happen. I can't get the vaccine because I'm under 75 yrs of age. My niece in L.A. got her booster and hasn't had any side effects whatsoever. So, that's good to hear.

I got a text from JoAnn's that my yarn has shipped as of yesterday, from New Jersey of all places. Strange there aren't any warehouses on the west side of the country. So, maybe middle of next week the box will be here and I can get started on a afghan for my GD. It'll probably be late since her birthday is Feb. 2nd.

Hope everyone enjoys the day and sees at least one thing that makes you smile.

I am still in sweats and it looks like we will stay that way the rest of the week.  I want my heat back.

Ah Reni, that sucks.  If anyone should get that shot it is you.  At least here, where they have it, you only have to be 65 or older right now.  Still waiting to see when we can get ours.  

Been working on the afghan for 2 days.  I have 40 more rows.  This one has taken about a month or more.

I need to find something bright and pretty after this afghan.

Have a nice night.

good afternoon 

sun is shining, that's always a plus plus, not much else going on

Good Morning/Afternoon wherever you may be!

My DD went to Walmart yesterday to pick a few things up for me and sent me this photo, telling me it's probably best I don't go shopping. She thinks I'd get so upset because of the way all of Walmart's aisles look right now. She had to go to 2 other stores to get the rest of the items on my list and they look the same. We have 4 other grocery stores in town and they're all like this. We're extremely shopping challenged to begin with because the population boomed in the past 10 years and no new shopping has been introduced to relieve the demand. Are the empty shelves like this happening in your areas due to Covid? It's really scary.

I saw on the news last night that the vaccine in my state may be expanded down to people age 65+ that have health problems. Maybe there's hope yet.

I only crocheted 2 rounds last night. I was too tired to do more. Oh! And I did get a text that my yarn should be here Friday- Yay! 

I hope you enjoy the day as much as I'm going to. :flower

Store.jpg

Edited by ReniC

Well, sunshine today, what a change!!  I had some fresh strawberries, with cool whip for lunch was delish!!

I* feel energized!! Th e world is a better place today!!I thought of something else, oy yeah, lol  tomorrow will mark my first two ghans in the new year going out to Pine Ridge!! Yay!!  2 to a box, 4 boxes, so2  down tomorrow, two to go lol  Im so glad to send them out, and clear that corner up a bit lol  I will vac it today and make sure its nice and clean lol 

I now have enough squares to make a few more ghans, and at least one box overflow, but then the overflow will be in someone elses bins lol  I can reclaim them!!Bout all for me today, gotta get busy before the strawberries wear off lol  see ya soon     katie 

yes Reni C, no different in our area both big box stores and regular food stores shelves are like that, although with the building boom the stores have followed,we have 3 walmart stores within 10 miles of each other, and about 10-12 grocery chains in that same area