katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

19 hours ago, bgs said:

Mary Jo this is for you.

I'm so jealous. I love the snow and miss it. From as far back as early childhood we went to South Lake Tahoe many times a year. Rain, snow, sleet, sunshine, we didn't care. We loved it there so much. Many years ago my ex and I hiked and even wilderness camped quite a few times. Sure do miss that place.

Hey Chris :jumpyay:jumpyay on the last package being delivered.  I am still hoping the Poland package gets delivered soon.  I will send it different next year.

Here is a giggle for you all.  I am sure many of us feel this way.

2021.jpg

• Like 1

Mary Jo thanks for the laugh. 

Baily4 I'm glad all your packages have been delivered.

Lea I'm glad you're son is ok and hopefully your grandson will be able to enjoy his gift.

I'll be heading home from daughter's house today and back to work tomorrow. I'll be happy to see my students but teaching face to face with social distancing and online at the same time is still a challenge. Hopefully we'll get back to normal sometime this year.

I hope you all enjoy your day.

oh mary jo, we didnt do a tree this year either, as it was just the two of us, and turned out to be more trouble than we wanted to go through lol  but on the bright side, we dont have the job of taking it all down now lol  everything has 2 sides huh lol  

Well my tree stays up all year.  I change it every month to match the holiday of the month.  January get's just snowflakes.  February hearts and so on.

Right now my angel that usually sits on the top of the tree is sitting on the floor with my 18" dolls around it.  It is going to look kind of funny when I put the Christmas things away on Thursday.  It will be the first time in years I will not have a tree up all year.

Lots of people did not put trees up as it was to much for just 2 people.

I use to love the snow, cause when it came, it meant that all the nasty pollen was gone, like ragweed.

Lea, glad you son is ok, I do hope he gets a better game to play.

Well, I am shutting down for the night.

Have a great night.

Just dropping in to say HI!

Well, we had a good and bad day yesterday.  The idiot Eagles lost, some saying on purpose, KC lost, but they played most of their second string.  VERY GOOD NEWS, the Cowboys lost and are out of the playoffs.  The QB from Washington, says to bring on Brady and the Bucs.  This guy should watch what he wishes for.  

Today is a cold and quite day.  Tomorrow is pacemaker clinic and the Heart Dr.  Should be fun.

Tonight is a hamburger and either fries or mac and cheese.  Not sure yet.

have a fun day.

First day back to school was interesting. The internet throughout our school district kept going down which makes on-line learning a little difficult. The strange thing was that I was able to stay on Teams so I could see my students but some of the other programs we use didn't work. We managed to get through the day and hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

Mary Jo I hope all goes well with your appointments tomorrow.

I hope all of you are doing well today. Have a good evening.

Cshort, sounds like you had an interesting day yesterday.  Hope all goes better today.

Up early and getting ready to move out.  

Beautiful day today, sun is out and not a cloud in the sky.

Have a great day today.

good Tuesday morning, semi sunny, will take that over grey gloom

trying to get a lung dr. appt. is tricky at best, In Oct. they said their April calendar wasn't up yet, and keep trying, yesterday they had barely got it posted when I called, hey I had first pick which was good,breathing test at 9 a.m.

Dr. appt. at 10 for results, they did mention in Oct. that I had COPD, no shock there since I was a smoker, the only thing is I'm deathly afraid of inhalers, they forced me to use one in the ER, a couple of years ago,as we were leaving the ER I had Bill pull over cause I was feeling sick to my stomach

We had internet at school today so it was better, still busy as we had a fire drill and I had an online meeting in the middle of the morning.

Not much else happening here. I'm tired so it will probably be an early night for me.

Good morning. Not much happening here. I asked hubby to take my car to work today so it gets driven. I have nowhere to go.

Good morning!

I know the feeling mine I have to just drive around the block cause we pretty much stay home. Once in a while I'll end to go to post office.

Posted (edited)

Hi Gang! I had a nice surprise a yesterday with a bouquet of flowers from one of my step-son's. It couldn't have come at a better time.

I went to the Dr's on Monday and didn't like the prognosis; congestive heart failure. So, my sweet, oldest daughter has her hands full with me now even more. She already does my housework and shopping for me. I just have to behave, relax and do everything possible to not have a problem. I can do that. I also received an injection in my knee to help it along. It feels a little better, but, it's just a temporary fix. I won't be jogging or race-walking like I used to when I was younger. LOL

Edited by ReniC

Posted (edited)

Ah Reni, so sorry to hear about the heart.  Will they put in a pacemaker to help?  Oh, I have had the shots in the knees and they do not last long, but a little freedom from pain no matter how short it is feels good.

The report from the Heart Dr. on Tampa Guy was good,  It may of been a year, but he lost 16 lbs. and he was somewhat happy with his blood pressure and all. Oh yeah, he has 8 months on the batter on the pacemaker.  They will be checking it once a month now till it is replaced.

Toady was our three month check up at the regular Dr.  My A1C is down to 6.7 from 7.1  put on 4 lbs though.  Could be the heavy cloths I had to wear this time.  Tampa Guy's A1C was down also.  We won't have to see him for 6 months. So this year for Dr.'s so far are going great.

Ren - they had to try several inhalers before they found one that worked.  Maybe they will find one for you.

Well that is the extent of what is going on today.

Tomorrow is a full day home and Saturday I go for the old Mammogram. Yeah.

Have a fun day.

Edited by Tampa Doll

Hello

Reni I'm sorry your doctor's appointment was disappointing.

Mary Jo I'm glad to hear your appointments went well. 

Not much happening here, which is nice. I am tired tonight so it will probably be an early night.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Posted (edited)

i just  don't know what to say about this latest attack by domestic theorist's on our United  States government  I am still in shock  this too, shall pass, hang in there folks       

Edited by katyallen8090

Going to attack the Christmas decorations so I can bring out the Valentine's ones.  I need holidays.

Today is a good day! I slept till 10am!!! Shocked me. I haven't been sleeping solid for quite some time now. I guess it caught up with me, if that's a thing. I go to bed at a reasonable hour, but, just cannot stay asleep for different reasons. 

I got a little bit of crochet in on the Mosaic last night. I'm up to Rnd 16. It's really looking pretty with the Ombre Blue.

I checked the tracking on JoAnn's and it says the package shipped. Maybe I'll have it by mid-week next.

Mary Jo: I'm glad for you that Dr. appt's went well for both of you. It sure takes the stress away when it's smoooooth going.

Baily4: We all need some "holidays" to perk us up. February used to be my most favorite month of the year. Of course, we can make up our own holidays throughout the year too (snicker-snicker). 

katyallen8090: It will get better- It has too. Maybe not as we knew it previously, but, anything is better than this, right?

cshort- owlvamp and pineknott: Good morning/afternoon to you too! Hope all is going well.