granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Heading out to a Christmas music program at our church tonight. We have a new music director amd we want to let him know how mich we appreciate him. He started in September and cant have Choirs, hand bell ringer groups etc so he is giving a solo performance.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good Morning.  Very cool things you made for your niece. You all have probably seen this, but thought you could use a laugh.  

I keep myself very busy! Here's a grey basket I crocheted. I turned around and made a black one. Now onto a two tone purple one for daughter. I made a bunch of the smaller ones and washcloths to

Posted Images

Good Morning!

I don't think I'll ever be able to sleep past 4 a.m. again :no.  The only plans for today are laundry and trip to the grocery store.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning.  Sorry to hear about your pain Sandra.  Hope it feels better soon.

Beautiful day.  Sun is shinning and not a cloud in the sky.  It is cold, but we are inside and toasty warm.

Have a great day.  Oh yeah, it is the last weekend till Christmas. :ctree Can you believe it?

Cloudy and chilly here.  Finally got around to calling for them to check out the fireplace.  It wasnt a priority last year.  Not being used to a gas one and what seemed like taking way too long for it to ignite (we would give up and flip the switch back off) we wanted to be here to ask questions.  Now it did come on back in summer when it was 90+° out.  Dh had to have accidentally bumped the switch (he thinks on a Mon and it lit on Fri????).  They replaced the thermopile so now it is good to go. 

Spent day in Christmas jammies not doing much.  Still no decorations on indoor tree (but outdoor one decorated awhile back).  Normally Sat before Christmas I would be at sis's house prepping for everyone to be there Christmas day.  You know I think this will be the first Christmas since this sis was born (62 years) that I dont see her on Christmas day.  

Remember our Christmas Carole (lovin2crochet)?  I got a card with a note--- sounded like she is ok, they are trying to sell their MO house and move to OK.  

Hey everyone,  Vika text and she went to the hospital and then got sent home.... I remember that happening with my first baby.....

The funniest thing, Savannah LOVES the grinch so I decided to crochet her one....only it looks like Kermit..... DH wants one....cause its so goofy looking...

We decorated our tree, will do a grocery shop on Tuesday for things for Christmas Eve and Day....

Our "rona" cases are soaring! 

Cold and rainy today.... not a speck of snow...of course I am not sure I want the 2 feet our northern friends got!

kg.jpg

hi all, fine here, just another day today, but i accomplished a lot today so tomorrow, might just be a Me day lol   groceries are gotten and all is well,  so go ahead, it can snow i guess, we are in for the week lol  stay well, have a wonderful holiday, all of you  thank you all, that sent me a card, they are hanging up on the front door back now!!💚💙💜💚💛

Good Morning

I'm behind on post again. Just keeping busy with holiday fun and family. Today should be a quieter day. Finishing a pillow that I wove for my granddaughter and hopefully finish the scrap quilt I've been putting together for a few years. 

I hope you are all staying healthy and warm.

Should be a quiet day today. Turns out both boys wont be coming home until Christmas Eve.  The younger will head back on Christmas day. Not sure about my older son's plans. They are all grown up now! Its a bit strange, but I am proud of them and the way they are forming their own lives.

Edited by ratdog

hi all,

hope all is well in your neck of this world  i have been keeping busy, and looking forward to a quiet Christmas this year, making that sacrifice, to keep us all safe  i hope you are all healthy throughout this season, and if you are one whom has lost someone close to you, my sincere condolences  they will all be missed, at their prospective tables this year   my prayers are with you all     

Sis had a pic line put in yesterday in prep for 2 weeks of IV antibiotics and more tests scheduled in next couple of weeks.  Working on wrapping a few things while eagerly waiting on a visit this afternoon from the Village elves.  I think I forgot to post a picture of the wreaths we made from the kits the Village gave us.  20201206_154858.thumb.jpg.87061242907a4f1a88c82a6a250a8b37.jpg

Awe Lea I understand how you feel all to well. Just so much has happened. My sister and brother in law and nephew and niece all had the Covid 19. Brother in law was the worst very touch for a few days. All doing better now. Hubby is not out of the woods yet. Been a constant stress . He got out his tube , still has a bacteria infection and still being treated .... I don't want a tree up either or honestly just wish for this year to over with. No work no pay so that has been a huge strain. Company's I talk to haven't been the nicest to me. Can't get blood from a turnip!!!! So I don't know!. So my spirits are pretty low right now.

Sorry to hear that owlvamp.  You are always in our thoughts.

Love the wreaths Brenda.  That is so cool that they are trying to keep you guys busy.  I would think that the circle is styro foam.  

Christmas is normanly rough with all the running around and such, but this year has put a strain on all of us with sickness and loss of loved ones.  I try and keep my spirits up with remembering how I got an ornament or who the ornament represents.  Like a heart made from a dress my Mother loved to wear or an angle, from Hallmark's Mary's Angels named Violet from DH's mother.  We tell fun stories about those who are no longer with us.  Sometimes it is something small that will lift you up.  Most of all remember you are never alone, we are always here to help lift you up.

51 minutes ago, owlvamp said:

I love the wreaths. What did you use for the round part under the ribbon?I might make these next year. Always looking for a new ornament to do....Love yours!!

Merry Christmas if I don't get back before Christmas. 

The ribbon is wrapped around a styrofoam wreath.

21 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Sorry to hear that owlvamp.  You are always in our thoughts.

Love the wreaths Brenda.  That is so cool that they are trying to keep you guys busy.  I would think that the circle is styro foam.  

Christmas is normanly rough with all the running around and such, but this year has put a strain on all of us with sickness and loss of loved ones.  I try and keep my spirits up with remembering how I got an ornament or who the ornament represents.  Like a heart made from a dress my Mother loved to wear or an angle, from Hallmark's Mary's Angels named Violet from DH's mother.  We tell fun stories about those who are no longer with us.  Sometimes it is something small that will lift you up.  Most of all remember you are never alone, we are always here to help lift you up.

Yes its styrofoam.  They have also been broadcasting special programming for Christmas on the Village tv channel.  They will do a candle light service tomorrow evening on tv.  Special food menus for Christmas eve day and Christmas day. Do I want prime rib or ham, french silk pie or pecan?   They do an angel tree and collect presents for those in the care center that dont have family. They have also been doing a lot on zoom but I am never around for those.  The guys at the hobby hut managed to get a few toys made to donate.   Its weird not doing all the work at sis's prepping for everyone Christmas day but yet its somehow very peaceful.  Even if it wasnt for the virus sis isnt up to it.  

really p4etty wreaths, i made some one year, i thought about styrofoam, but i bought strw lol  nice  i made one for my front door, in yarn balls too, instead o minituuter bulbs, lol  turned out really cute    lol i think maybe i pic--ed them before, so cute!! lol  

just trekking along, you know, doing what i can, not worrying about the rest  i think every one will be glad to turn the page in Jan to 2021!!stay safe, keep your holiday in you heart this year, so we will all be around for 2021  

Hello everyone!  Sorry I haven't been on here for a while--just been busy crocheting lapghans for our local  Senor Citizens' homes here--delivered  14 last month, and just turned in 12 more yesterday.  Think that'll be it for a little while!  Time really got away from me while doing that! 

Hubby and I wish everyone a very happy Holiday Season!