katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

YES! WOW!! Katy that is many blankets you made...

All of them are beautiful! :)

Keep up the good work :)

Krys

Oh WOWūüėĪ¬†I am speechless.¬† Not only amazing, but beautiful.¬† Great work.

The printer is here and working and yesterday we got the tree.  Hopefully I can get it out of the box and up.  The box is shorter than me, so I hope the tree is in two parts otherwise I did not get a 6' tree. 

Not doing much, as I am trying to decorate.  Hopefully with the tree up I can finish today or tomorrow.  Saturday, we go for haircuts and then ship some packages overseas.

Off to work on the tree.  Have a great day.

Katy,  The blankets are amazing.  You are so kind to do all that sewing together.  We have an extra connection to Pine Ridge as my daughter brought her crazy dog home from the res when she was doing a veterinary school volunteer stay there.  Your blankets will really help keep some people warm!

I admire those of you who have found the motivation to do holiday decorating.  I'm still looking for that motivation here.

Good day to all.

Patty

2 hours ago, alp1 said:

Katy,  The blankets are amazing.  You are so kind to do all that sewing together.  We have an extra connection to Pine Ridge as my daughter brought her crazy dog home from the res when she was doing a veterinary school volunteer stay there.  Your blankets will really help keep some people warm!

I admire those of you who have found the motivation to do holiday decorating.  I'm still looking for that motivation here.

Good day to all.

Patty

well Patty we are alive, right there is something to celebrate right!! 

5 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Oh WOWūüėĪ¬†I am speechless.¬† Not only amazing, but beautiful.¬† Great work.

The printer is here and working and yesterday we got the tree.  Hopefully I can get it out of the box and up.  The box is shorter than me, so I hope the tree is in two parts otherwise I did not get a 6' tree. 

Not doing much, as I am trying to decorate.  Hopefully with the tree up I can finish today or tomorrow.  Saturday, we go for haircuts and then ship some packages overseas.

Off to work on the tree.  Have a great day.

lol sounds like a busy time for you lol  thanks for the compliments all i realize i have been remissent in posting pics lately, ill try to do better in the coming months  here is one waiting to be laundered i just finished  blocls of 2 6 ers put together first, for color block ghan!! both crochet and knit squares were used    

DSC00198 (2).JPG

• Like 2

Katy you have done an outstanding job of re energizing the AFPRR group.  I cant believe all the squares being mailed. I think it had slowed down a lot by the time I joined.  Pam must be smiling down and feeling very proud of you.

Edited by bgs

Hello everyone.

I think my Christmas shopping is done. So tonight I am wrapping gifts.

I hope you are all doing well and have a great evening.

My shopping is almost done. All the under the tree gifts are bought. Waiting until Monday for the next credit card billing cycle to buy a few stocking gifts and candy. Also a few odds and ends to accomodate covid changes for this year. 

Decorating is proceeding slowly. My son came by after thanksgiving for a visit since he did not come to my brothers for tg. I sent him back to his apartment with the count down snowman that my mother bought for the kids about 19 or 20 years ago.  When he texted to let me knpw he was back at his apartment he included a picture of the snowman all set up and cointing down the days until Christmas. I love how it brings out the 5 year old still living deep down in my 24 year old baby.

good morning out the door this morning for 6 month blood work

• Like 1

Just in case any of need a NEW IDEA on how to decorate your Christmas Tree LOL

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!:wreath

Krys

image.png.19b2d3ce87de178b1a35479125cfa5c8.png

• Like 1

I HAVE a QUESTION about EDIT here.  I want to know if anyone here got same problem as I do. Over 90% of the time when I want to change something that I just posted here or reply to something, I can NOT!, it will NOT let me change anything, could be just a misspell I would like to fix. Than I have only two other choices  #1) is to leave the way it was # 2) to delete  that post.

DOS ANYONE ELSE HAVE THAT PROBLEM HERE??  Or I am the only one LOL.

I do NOT have that problem on any other threads here or new posts,  ONLY here on Granny Square!!.

Krys

1 hour ago, USpolishgirl said:

Just in case any of need a NEW IDEA on how to decorate your Christmas Tree LOL

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!:wreath

Krys

image.png.19b2d3ce87de178b1a35479125cfa5c8.png

Savannah would LOVE this...LOL... I am crocheting a mini grinch for her now.. hopefully it will be done by tomorrow when we look at Christmas lights... Hugs~

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ratdog said:

My shopping is almost done. All the under the tree gifts are bought. Waiting until Monday for the next credit card billing cycle to buy a few stocking gifts and candy. Also a few odds and ends to accomodate covid changes for this year. 

Decorating is proceeding slowly. My son came by after thanksgiving for a visit since he did not come to my brothers for tg. I sent him back to his apartment with the count down snowman that my mother bought for the kids about 19 or 20 years ago.  When he texted to let me knpw he was back at his apartment he included a picture of the snowman all set up and cointing down the days until Christmas. I love how it brings out the 5 year old still living deep down in my 24 year old baby.

That always amazes me too when the boys look at an ornament and get all childlike, my oldest will be 40 this year!

19 hours ago, cshort said:

Hello everyone.

I think my Christmas shopping is done. So tonight I am wrapping gifts.

I hope you are all doing well and have a great evening.

I have a huge stack here when you get done with yours...LOL...

23 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

lol sounds like a busy time for you lol  thanks for the compliments all i realize i have been remissent in posting pics lately, ill try to do better in the coming months  here is one waiting to be laundered i just finished  blocls of 2 6 ers put together first, for color block ghan!! both crochet and knit squares were used    

DSC00198 (2).JPG

Great job Katy!! You made them work perfectly!  Hugs

Same story...different day around here.....

shampoo, rinse...repeat...

3 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

I HAVE a QUESTION about EDIT here.  I want to know if anyone here got same problem as I do. Over 90% of the time when I want to change something that I just posted here or reply to something, I can NOT!, it will NOT let me change anything, could be just a misspell I would like to fix. Than I have only two other choices  #1) is to leave the way it was # 2) to delete  that post.

DOS ANYONE ELSE HAVE THAT PROBLEM HERE??  Or I am the only one LOL.

I do NOT have that problem on any other threads here or new posts,  ONLY here on Granny Square!!.

Krys

I am on mobile version and I go back and edit all the time.  Just like now and no problem.

Edited by bgs
  • Thanks 1

good Saturday morning

I do have that problem at times and thought it was just me.

it was another toss and turn night, got up at 5 a.m. but we didn't have internet until 7a.m.

stay safe and warm

Good Morning.

I was up early too but I slept good last night so I'm feeling pretty energized, which is a good thing because I need to go to the grocery store and them my little granddaughter will be here for the day. Not much else going on here.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Good afternoon all! Hope all is well

my hand is healing quite still a tad swollen , but sill in a lot pain. Migraines have come back with a vengeance . I must of slept on my neck wrong cause it hurts like crazy for 4 days now. If it's not one it's another . I'm praying a much better year coming up and finishing off this year.

Katy: Your blankets are great! I am in awe of how much you give to others.

Krys: That tree is hilarious! The Grinch was my GS's favorite movie when he was little. And he still likes it at 23 years old. I painted him an ornament of the Grinch out of a used lightbulb back then and he had me keep it for fear of breaking it. It sits on the coffee table on a ornie stand every Christmas. In answer to our Edit question: I only have a problem on editing if I want to add a mime or photo. It will not highlight the icon to do so.

Owlvamp: I'm so sorry you have a migraine. I too suffer from them and have to use 2 different meds depending on the severity. So, I really feel for you. Don't forget, stress can be a cause too. I hope your hand feels better with each new day.

My Christmas shopping is almost finished. One person left to buy for and a check to my DD (my personal shopper for my grt-grands). She knows exactly what they want/need. I make crochet items for some of the family, but not all . I know who appreciates my crafts and who doesn't. Those that don't, their loss. My DD is putting my tree up for me on the 11th. I'm so blessed to have her help with everything. Today's project is to finish a crochet project and clean out my studio/office. Wish me luck there- I need it.

With all going on in our world, I do wish for everyone to be safe, happy and able to enjoy this season no matter what. Happy Christmas!

Grinch 2.jpg

• Like 2

Krys that picture made me laugh! I have shared it a few times to make others smile too. Thanks for posting.

Went to Epcot today. Saw a friend I havent been able to see since January!

A nice day catching up, taking in the christmas decor and getting a day out!

• Like 1

Good Morning

Ratdog I'm a little jealous, I would love a trip to Epcot but not ready to be around a lot of people. We usually go to a Disney resort for lunch and to see the decorations at the resorts and Disney Springs on New Year's Day, but it doesn't look like we'll be going this year. 

I thought I was going to have my little granddaughter today. But my son-in-law took his last exam of the semester yesterday and didn't need to study today, so he kept my granddaughter home with him. So I will be doing church online and then hopefully a quiet day of crocheting and Christmas movies. I am planning to make beef stew for dinner which is pretty easy and I can eat leftovers for the next couple of days. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Good Morning.  

I am almost done with what has to be done for the holiday HERE is my new tree and table for the season.  It is cute and as you can see, I have cut down on the decorations this year.

Love the tree Krys.  When we went for our haircuts yesterday the guy down the street has a pair of grinch legs stuck in the holly tree in his yard.  The couple next door put out a large Flamingo with a Santa hat sitting in a sleigh, that is pulled by 8 smaller flamingos.  It is really funny.

So we are cold and in sweats.  Getting ready to put sluppers on.

Have a fun day everyone.

My husband showed me a funny post on facebook:  

"You shouldnt wrap presents while drinking. If anyone gets a remote control for Christmas, Im going to need that back"