katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Got home from Naples yesterday. My oldest is coming to visit for the day as he did not join us for Thanksgiving. 

We will put up outdoor decorations and the nativity and advent wreath this weekend. The tree will go up a bit later.

23 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

I finished all my christmas and have no clue what to crochet next... you would think with a life time of patterns stockpiled one would jump out at me...LOL...

You can always start on Christmas gifts for next year LOL

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :ctree

Krys

1 hour ago, USpolishgirl said:

You can always start on Christmas gifts for next year LOL

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :ctree

Krys

I was sweriously thinking about that...LOL.... Hugs~ Lea

• Haha 1

hello all  good to hear from everyone  we are good, just the two of us this year for turkey day, but we felt ok with it, concerning the covid threat anyway 

other than that nothing new going on, same old same old lol  love ya all, lacey, so sorry, but it will all work out, just the way it should..  owlvamp, so much huh  you poor thing   take care all, this covid is not going away no matter what you might here  it is here to stay    

1 hour ago, katyallen8090 said:

this covid is not going away no matter what you might here  it is here to stay 

NO! Katy you are wrong. Why would you say that???

YES, it will go away. The GREAT NEWS is:  we will be getting Vaccine very soon! :).

Look back at our history when it comes to Pandemics. Not only our history in a history of the whole world.  Even long time ago when there was no Vaccines usually by the second year enough people got infected and developed immunity to stop that virus.

Please do not get angry at me. But you need to "shake off" that kind a thinking. That is not good for you & it is not thru.

Big Hugs:)

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

I was watching TV this morning. Great News! 😀

First shipments of Covid Vaccine arrived already in many city's all over USA  :clap

I seen that air-plane full of that Vaccine arrived in Chicago O'hare airport.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel...:). It will take little longer before everyone who will want to can get that Vaccine. I would be standing in line now IF only they would tell me where! :).

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to Everyone! :ctree 

12 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

I was watching TV this morning. Great News! 😀

First shipments of Covid Vaccine arrived already in many city's all over USA  :clap

I seen that air-plane full of that Vaccine arrived in Chicago O'hare airport.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel...:). It will take little longer before everyone who will want to can get that Vaccine. I would be standing in line now IF only they would tell me where! :).

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to Everyone! :ctree 

Yes, this is good news. But we must be patient and continue to be careful. Hopefully by late spring vaccinations will be widely available. Until then I am content to wait my turn until after the nurses, doctors, hospital and essential workers get theirs.

18 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Yes, this is good news. But we must be patient and continue to be careful. Hopefully by late spring vaccinations will be widely available. Until then I am content to wait my turn until after the nurses, doctors, hospital and essential workers get theirs.

Yes you are very right. All of us we need to be VERY CAREFUL until we can get that Vaccine. We need to wait until our time will come. They are estimating by April everyone will be able to get it.

I guess we will need to wait...We are not "essential". After doctors, nurses I would assume policeman, fireman and others will get in line before us.

Lets just hope & pray everything will go OK with no bad surprises or delay's when it comes to production & delivery.

Krys 

Good Morning.  Last warm day today if we believe the weather.  Sun is shinning and a few clouds.  We are suppose to get a cold front (snicker) for Florida show up tomorrow.

Yeah, great news about the vaccine.  Tampa General, which is right across the river from us, is suppose to get some to have it ready to distribute when they are given the ok.  That is one of (I think) 4 hospitals in Florida getting it.  I hope they start soon.  

I have no hope of my Buccaneers winning today. KC would have to put in their practice squad to beat them.:rofl  Sad, sad day.

Well, I am starting to put away my Thanksgiving stuff and getting ready to take out Christmas stuff.  Hopefully I will get my new tree soon, but I will not take the old one down till it comes.

Here is my new ornaments that I made this year.

Really Really nice MJ.....I need to sub to Crochet World.  My MIL use to get it for me but she stopped giving gifts...LOL

Cold front coming this way tonight.... I can already feel the chill in my bones

I'm always last on my block to try new things...LOL.... I just wonder long term vaccination complications.....I know they are tweaking doses right now...and this is all still so new...

I think besides the loss of life, this virus has damaged society beyond medical.....I sit sometimes how long it will take the world to heal, businesses , families, nations....~sigh~

Crochet World was one of the first magazines I got when I learned to Crochet.  I have a mail subscription but I love that I can also go to my account and get the digital copies to find patterns when I've misplaced back editions.  I've done that a few time recently when I realized a "new" pattern on Annie's digital offerings was previously published in a Crochet World magazine.

Edited by Bailey4
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

I think besides the loss of life, this virus has damaged society beyond medical.....I sit sometimes how long it will take the world to heal, businesses , families, nations....~sigh~

I think after Covid-19 the whole world will be different in many ways. Many businesses will be run different ways. Because they did find out that for many of them work from home works very well and is a lot less expensive for them.

We will see many other changes...As for people they find out what is most important for them and their family's how to keep them safe. Where to live and where not to.  That is why housing sales are going up a LOT.  Specially those people with family, those who can afford.. they will try to stay away from those apartments in those huge & tall buildings in Urban areas. They learn a very hard lesson how impossible that was & is to protect their family's  living with so many other people in the same building. Sharing everything from front doors, coming & going, elevators, stairs in many cases breading same air circulating around different apartments from AC & heating systems.

HOW could anyone would be able to protect them self's from that Virus in those living situations ???. NOT possible!. That is very heart breaking even to think about that :(. That is why many people are leaving all that "City Life".

Their will be many other changes after Covid......many of us can not even think of all of them right now.

Even hand shaking might be gone for ever! LOL. If not for ever...it will be gone for long time. Come to think of that, hand shaking was always a very stupid thing to do!. That might help us a lot slowing down Flu virus each season. And ALL other bacteria's living on our hands...... :(.

My hands by now feeling like a parchment paper from all that washing. I was always washing my hands very often but I guess it was not that much. I always was (even before Covid) carrying a zip-lock in my purse with  "Lysol Handy-wipes". I would not eat anything in restaurants before I wiped my hands & portion of that table in front of me.  And I was always trying to avoid public washrooms.  When I had to go there I would never touch any knobs with my 'naked" hand, I always got a piece of paper or a tissue.  Well,  that is my story..

Take Care,

Krys 

hi all  i guess there is always hope huh, thanks krys for the  quick lesson in optimism, hope, and faith 101  Im happy though Not to have much homework from this class, and be able to chew gum here too  lol   seriously, i needed that i guess as many of us do , we are spent on this covid thing and  need something to boost us up  so thank you      

• Like 1

Hello

It was back to work for me today. Nothing new happening here.

hi all  

well it happened  we seamers are on overflow alert  we have no more room to take any squares lol  I decided to refrain from taking any squres in Dec, then our other 2 permanent seamers followed suit, we are all on overflow  we perm seamers still have enough a couple times over to supply our overflow seamers so work will go on  im going to try just to seam this time off, but wouldnto refuse a box, i dont know bout going cold turkey on the squares but ill try lol  my resolve is some what weak, my addiction is strong lol   for the most part ill be seaming, knocking them out, getting caught up, and might even after a couple  shipments to our overflow seamers, might again see the light blue carpeting in my craft room or oh look i did have four corners in the room !!  and there is where that closet is hiding!!! lol

I have made and sent 14 of my own, 2 that someone sent me to forward, and among the other seamers, we have i guess reached about 25 mailed off, since we started over in May  that is not too bad, 7 months, 25 ghans, math is not my best subject but i would say 3 and a half a month is not bad lol

this month alone up to yesterday, we collected   1,553 squares total in Nov. ,  that is the most in 2020  in one month no wonder we are on overflow alert lol so,  a cup of raspberry tea, a cookie, and on to shopping, the  decorating, and  wrapping, and  maybe some baking, and napping lol for a couple of days anyway lol   then its all about the seaming lol  Ill check in now and then when the  seaming permits, it is a tough taskmaster though lol Happy December to all, and see ya later!!!    

14 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

....  then its all about the seaming lol  Ill check in now and then when the  seaming permits, it is a tough taskmaster though lol Happy December to all, and see ya later!!!   

I wish you Happy Seaming.... LOL.

We can not wait to see more picture of the afghans you "put together". We did not seen pictures  of those afghans you finished for a long time...

You got over 1500 squares on one month??. I think you need to look for a place/places to donate some of those squares! LOL. WAY TOO MANY....! :)

Krys

Wokenup at 5:30 to a beeping. Like a smoke detector battery. It is a component from the house alarm.  It says low battery but i cant get it open to take out the battery or change it. So, it has been beeping for an hour and the security company opens in another hour. Of course I have no idea where the 11 year old manual is to disable the bad component from the key pad.

I have a house guest and the beeping panel is rigjt outside the guest room door, poor guy! 

11 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

I wish you Happy Seaming.... LOL.

We can not wait to see more picture of the afghans you "put together". We did not seen pictures  of those afghans you finished for a long time...

You got over 1500 squares on one month??. I think you need to look for a place/places to donate some of those squares! LOL. WAY TOO MANY....! :)

KrysDSC00096.thumb.JPG.efc14e86609893fb9eb6c4c9dce97292.JPG

better too many than too few, i always say, DSC00123.thumb.JPG.e00a99fa0896f674e961a31dfc92a5f3.JPGDSC00096.thumb.JPG.efc14e86609893fb9eb6c4c9dce97292.JPGremember we are supplying 5 seamers now, so it will go fast i think      

DSC00097.JPG

DSC00096.JPG

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

Katie that is a lot of squares and afghans, nice work!

Not much going on here just work and some errands on the way home. I will probably do some more work after dinner.

Have a nice evening everyone.