katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

1 hour ago, katyallen8090 said:

oh sounds so good  cant wait till thanksgiving  we are eating here just the 2 of us too, as kids dont want to risk ours oe their health either  

we are too having all og=f th above mentioned goodies, including a pumpkin pie, and a sugar fee cheesecake lol  happy turkey day to all!! 

Pie is included on Thurs from restaurant.  Dh can get pumpkin.  I will be getting pecan.  I only like my grandma's recipe for pumpkin pie.  Silly me I was in my 20's when I learned not all pumpkin pie was the same.  I ordered a piece at work and thought it was awful.  I had never had pumpkin pie until that time that wasnt my grandma's recipe.  Her recipe is more like a custard.

• Like 1

There are some things when no substitutes will work.  My sister and now my niece make fudge and I've not been able to eat other fudge since my sister started to make it in my teens.  Every so often I think I'll try a piece but I'm always disappointed. 

3 hours ago, bgs said:

Pie is included on Thurs from restaurant.  Dh can get pumpkin.  I will be getting pecan.  I only like my grandma's recipe for pumpkin pie.  Silly me I was in my 20's when I learned not all pumpkin pie was the same.  I ordered a piece at work and thought it was awful.  I had never had pumpkin pie until that time that wasnt my grandma's recipe.  Her recipe is more like a custard.

Pecan is my favorite, no one else in the family can stand it... but oh the sugar coma of the karo syrup and pecans AND sugar and butter... worth it! LOL

Got a call this a.m. that my cousin passed away from Covid, he was a professional dancer ..very active... leaves behind a wife and 5 yo daughter.... he was the youngest of our generation... still trying to absorb the shock....

Gov. Cooper here in NC says only 10 at a household for Turkey day, there are 23 in our immediate family...

I hate 2020...with a passion....

2 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

I hate 2020...with a passion....

I think everyone hates everything about this year!

Sometimes I think that all of that should been only a very bad dream, NOT REALITY!!! :(. If i would woke up after having bad dream like that about that Virus I think and what is happening to all of us because of that I would probably been sick for that whole day from that dream. And here I am going thru all of that for real for sooo many months...! :(

I am thanking God & Trump for organizing everything that we will get that Vaccine so soon. In a way it is a Miracle.  I can not even imagine how bad our life's & our country would gotten IF we would had to wait for couple or few more years for that. 

I wish I could get that Vaccine as soon as FDA will approve that. That probably will happen in couple weeks. Will not be enough for everyone who will want that to get that next month. Most of us will need to wait couple or few more months :(. I really would pay a lot of money if I could get that Vaccine next month. I am sick & tire from all of that!!!!!!!!! :(. I am not doing well staying at home for so many months.  

Krys

Thanksgiving with my brother and his family. 7 of us altogether eating dinner outside (naples florida). My oldest is not coming he is too stressed by it all and doesnt want to be around people without masks.  So, he will come home Saturday for the day to see just me and hubby. 

Stay safe and do what feels right for you and your families.

Lea I'm sorry for your loss.

I have been busy here with my 2 oldest grandkids visiting for the week and my youngest granddaughter was here for a couple days when my daughter was working. My littlest grandson is too attached to his mommy still so he will be here on Thanksgiving when they come for dinner and to pick up the other kids. Went to the grocery store this morning for last minute things for dinner tomorrow and now we are just kind of relaxing, the kids are watching tv and I'm doing a little sewing. I don't know if I'll get on the computer tomorrow so I want to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving!:tdance

Spent the day getting ready for the turkey dinner.  Got up this morning and made a pumpkin pie.  Actually a Mrs. Smith.  Then I started the stuffing.  So instead of tomorrow, we had our dinner today.  I am stuffed like a turkey.

So sorry for your loss Lea.  So many lost this year, either from Covid or other sickness.  I am ready for my 1st of 2 vaccines.  DH and I will be in live as soon as they are available.

I am skeptical about next year and I will sit, wait and worry .  I do not have a good outlook on it.

Well, off to do the after Thanksgiving dinner thing.  Have a good night and Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 

Hi Gang: Still plugging along here. I had a few really bad days this last week with the stomach and leg swelling problems. A little better today. There will just be 4 of us for dinner tomorrow. Regardless, I am thankful just to be here.

We decided to cut a few things from the menu compared to previous years when we'd have about 20+ people for dinner. What a huge change for us. I'm making the pumpkin pie tonight with the help of my GD. My DD is making the rest of the meal here. My SIL was given a turkey from work. He picked a 24 pounder! That's a lot of turkey for just 4 people. Then he said, "And I didn't get the biggest one either." LOL

I'm still working on putting the pompoms on the scarves for the Treasure Box for my great grands. One hat is almost done then off it goes in the mail. I took a short break from the Treasure Box crocheting day before yesterday and made 2 of the gnome ornaments offered under Free Pattern Links. I'll post them in a few. I wasn't fond of using the hot glue gun over the faux fur pompoms but, they still turned out cute.

I hope all have a great Thanksgiving. At least the best possible with all our hard times. Our futures have got to be brighter. As long as we hang on, we'll make it.  Turkey Hugs!!!   

Edited by ReniC

Well said Reni.   gosh ya'll are going to be eating turkey for a month!

Headed to MIL's tomorrow, half of my boys won't be there..... but I get it... Jeremy's family is in quaratine because someone in Wyatts class had covid so they are not coming.  Jamie & his family have literally been staying home except for brief outdoor outings since March.... I haven't seen them since last Christmas

We are still shocked by the news of Greggs death.  Of course since he is in AL , his parents are in CA and his brother is in AU, won't be much of a funeral service ....of course we can't go...

Katie, I have lived in NC since 1977, before that Ohio...and before that Wv....a brief stint in Ky when I was 6...

I want you all to know that this Thanksgiving I am thankful for you all and our many years of friendship..... such a blessing to have this online group through thick and thin....

Hugs ya'll

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Well it was 67 when I got up and it will go up to 81, so anyone down here who wants to have dinner outside it is a great day for it.

Sorry for all the families who can not get together today, but you can always do what my Mom use to do and that was keep an empty chair to represent all those who could not be there, then tell stories about them.  Be thankful for all you have and enjoy your day.

Good Morning

We had a great time yesterday and I was soooooo tired last night, but it was worth it. We had planned to eat outside but it was a little warm and the back patio is not shaded in the afternoon, so my sewing room became the dining room, I don't have an actual dining room.  My oldest daughter and her family helped put up my Christmas tree and decorations before they left. My little granddaughter will be here today because my daughter and son-in-law are working. 

I guess that's about it for me. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Update : hubby is getting stronger everyday . I have to stay up on him about how much he is drinking. Not my strong suit. It was easier in the hospital cause I just took care of him. At home you know we do everything. Doctors called and don't want to take the tube out till December 28th. Tats completely crazy to me and I called back. Talk to Doctor and he's is suppose to get him in sooner. I'll be calling again today. Needle less to not happy. Then where the tube goes into is back was a tad infected. It's time for it to come out... Just waiting on Doctor to call back.... 

Thanksgiving went well. 

Lea I am so sorry! This year as really been awful. I am so ready for better days, months and a new year... It has to come up from here right? Well it has to and I am shining it will be. Will be positive as much as we can....

I am thankful for you all to. I know you guys are here when I can get here... It's been a true struggle and I have literally shut the world out... I am grateful we can come here and talk.

Beautiful day today and warm again.

My day was made when the Washington Football team beat the Dallas Cowboys.  That just made my day.:jumpyay

So I finished up so give-a-ways this morning and got some packages ready for Shipping overseas.  I forgot I have NO printer.  Mine decided to die before Thanksgiving, so we had to buy a new one.  I hope to get it by Wednesday.

No big Turkey dinner here.  We had sliced of Turkey breast, with all the fixings on Wednesday and yesterday we had Turkey sandwiches.  I am not a big Turkey eater.  Today is Pork Chops with scalloped potatoes, veggie dip and apple sauce.

Well off to my corner.  Have a great day.

Hi all Sorry I have been gone for so very long. A lot has happened,  and I am doing my best to deal with it. The kids are alldoing good. Jades dad and I have decided to seperate, so we both moved. I dont know if the seperatoin will end up being long term or not,but it is best for all right now. Its been very hard, especially with the holidays. We still love each other a lot, but we both need to work on ourselves, and have gotten along better since we have been apart.

I hope you all have been well, 🤗

Lacey

Thanksgiving was nice, MIL is getting a bit cranky in her old age... but that's okay.... don't we all?  Living on an old farmstead as we do, now it is getting colder the bugs and spiders are starting to move in so Chris and I are going room to room with the vacuum cleaner  creating havoc on the insect world... some spiders can stay because they eat the other bugs... in the next 5 years I think we will be putting the place on the market and heading to the city.... the land and house are just too much as we get older... plus all the kids have moved away ... but its peaceful.... paid for...

I finished all my christmas and have no clue what to crochet next... you would think with a life time of patterns stockpiled one would jump out at me...LOL...

We are decorating tomorrow, I love CHristmas..

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving....

Good Morning!

I had an enjoyable day with my granddaughter yesterday but I miss having the other grandkids here too. Today will be laundry and sewing.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.