katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Ok need to know how Pets was and how Toy Story 4 is when you see it.  I saw the first Pets and thought it was funny.

Brenda, I am sure you will ok on your own.  I gather this is a Senior/Assisted Living place you are looking at?  Keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hot and humid today.  Maybe rain in the forecast, but maybe not.  Got some yesterday, suppose to cool off this weekend, we shall see.  Yeah, this is the time of the year for afternoon or evening showers.  My lawn looks great.  I need to get my trees trimmed.

Well off to work on some potholders.

Carol hope you arent catching a cold.  I dont think my coping skills are that great---- lots of tears and at times so much anxiety its paralyzing.  I very much miss TC's calming effect.

Lyn and Lea this year the seeds I planted are'nt coming up very well.  At first it was too wet so I replanted and now

I dont think dh is keeping the soil moist enough.  I only planted stuff because dh wanted me too.  I really feel time would be better spent getting ready to move.  I hate watering so thats his job.  He doesnt know much about planting stuff or recognizing weeds.  The tomato plants I set out are looking really good.

Mary Jo this place has their own visiting nurses who also cover outside of there.  If you need injections or help with changing dressings or your vitals you can stop in the office.  The have separate buildings for male and female Alzheimer patients. The Care Center (Nursing Home/Rehab with PT) is across the street from the unit we are working towards.  There used to be an independently operated hospital with ER there too but its moved on down the highway.  There is a new fire station going in.  This place donated the property for it. 

Good Morning.  Up at 5:30 before the sun.  Today is the longest day of the year.  It is going to feel extra long being up so early.  Guess a nap will happen this afternoon.

Suppose to get into the 90's before the cool weather comes this weekend.

Sounds like a nice place Brenda.

DH is up, so I can not get a cup of coffee.

Have a fun day.

Good morning!

I have been so busy! I with help cut down all the bushes in front of my house yesterday. Cleaned up all the mess and did a little in the back. Today my wrist are sore and very achy. Hubby went to work and has been gone for a few days and when he gets back not sure he'll be happy but I don't care I have asked him to keep the bushes trimmed for I can't anymore. With the tendinitis in my elbows it flares them up for three months of unbearable pain. I usually ask a couple elders from church to help me but I shouldn't have to. Well I don't have to worry about them over growing anymore, they are gone!!! Next I will need to power wash the house. It needs it but need to find a power washer.
this morning I did the dishes and cleaned the back yard. Not sure I'll do much more unless I feel better.

good morning

we will be in the 80's for two days

need to do a library run,I placed a hold on a DVD about Sicily

have a wonderful day

Good Morning.

Brenda, I totally understand the anxiety, I've been battling with it for several years now. I hope everything goes smoothly for you to move into your new place.

Mary Jo, I've been awake since about 5:30 too and it's going to be a busy day with all 3 grands here so I'm thinking everyone will be having some quiet time this afternoon when the little one takes her nap. 

There  isn't any rain in the forecast today but it's going to be hot with a high of 90 and 83% humidity. I'll have to get the kids outside early today.

Owlvamp, you've really been busy.

Lyn, enjoy the dvd.

Today's plans are playing and eating lol. I feel a little better today, no achyness like I've had the past few days but I'm still coughing and my head is congested.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Good morning all!

As soon as DH is done with work we are heading to Universal Studios for the weekend. Tomorrow is our 28th anniversary, where does the time go? 

A bit less rain in the forecast today and tomorrow so hoping for good days in the park. 

well hi all  my dns ( i think that means my internet provider was not responding so no internet till later in the evening  its good now lol 

rained and thundered all night till late this am,m we are floating again lol  

nothing else new here though handy and the neighbor got the damage to his shed or whatever done yesterday there was a deadline as the roofer was supposed to start this week soon, so got that out of the way first ..

hot and humid then today, ac is working hard lol 

sorry, bout all i got for now stay well and safe all  

Just one storm after another rolling thru today.  Lightening thunder hail and torrential rains.  So far two inches of rain in a short time.  Lots of flash flooding. Cell signal is in and out mostly out.

Ratdog, have fun!

Katy and Brenda, I hope the weather is better today.

We had some distant thunder late afternoon/early evening yesterday, sounded like it was over the everglades. But no rain here. 

Today we are going to see Toy Story 4 and then hang out at my daughter's house so the kids can swim in the pool. I need to make a stop at the grocery store on the way home.

That's about it in my corner of the world. Have a great day.

Hello! all ~ just thought I'd pop in here and say "Howdy!"  Hope everyone is doing good and surviving all the storms, flooding, tornadoes and whatever else is happening weather-wise.  Outside of the smoke shop next door loosing its roof, and it landing in our side yard a couple of months ago, we haven't been doing too badly with the high winds here.  The owners gave it to us to salvage, so hubby got it all torn apart and stacked at the other house.

Been busy packing up all our household stuff since we finally have our little house sold.  We'll be relocating south, into Oklahoma.  Got a house we're working on closing at this time.  They were hoping to have both closings reasonably within a few days apart, but you know how that can go at times ~ 😕  Anyway, we are now moving everything back over to the other house next door, since it didn't sell yet.  I hate that house!!  But have to be thankful for having it still available to live in until we can head south.  I will have everything moved by this next weekend (hubby will help with the main furniture, which isn't much ~ bed setup, 3 chests, a dresser, loveseat, recliner and swivel rocker, kitchen table and chairs, and sewing cabinet; oh, and the computer desk with hutch.  Glad that we live sparsely in times like this! LoL :D

We had our 16-ft trailer stolen in broad daylight, right from under our noses, about 4 wks ago, too.  I guess there was a hit in several areas at that same time around 11:00 a.m.  so they're thinking it was a gang-kinda thing . . . which is really rare in our parts.  (People are really going nuts these days, so it seems!)

Haven't done any crocheting in quite awhile, and won't be until our moving is done.  I think I've kept a project or two handy for bordom's sake ~ :D

Ya'll take care and stay safe.  Oh! and I won't have internet for about a month either, so won't be around after July 1st.  I'll try to catch up after that, tho.

Good Morning Everyone.

Carole, it sounds like there is a lot going on in your life. I hope all goes well with the move and we hear lots of good things when you get back online.

Toy Story 4 is a very cute movie and we all enjoyed it. My daughter decided to go with us and take my littlest granddaughter to the movies for the first time, she did really well, we weren't sure how she would be because she likes to move a lot. My grandson is going sailing or fishing with my dad and brother today so my granddaughter and I are having a lazy day of movies and whatever else. We might be going out to dinner with my mother depending on how she is feeling later. I think my cold is almost gone, so hopefully a lazy day will help me recuperate completely. That's about it here. I hope you all have a great day.

• Like 1

Good Morning.

ratdog, hope you had a great time at Universal and Happy Anniversary.

Lovin2Crochet.  Good to see you back, even though you may disappear again.  So sorry for the trouble with the trailer and such. Good luck on the closings and moving.  Never easy.

Not much going on this week.  The 3 H's are in place for the weather.

Thanks for the Toy Story up date.  The commercials looked funny.  I like your idea of a lazy and I do hope you cold disappears soon.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

Hello everyone.  Haven't been here for a couple of weeks.  Last time, I mentioned that I was making afghans for my five cousins.  I have two of t hem done now and at the halfway point of the third.  Also making a few hot pads just to use up some of the cotton yarn I have.

That's it for now.

Brenda, glad you are competent! LOL somedays I wonder about myself!

MJ, I liked Life of Pets 1 better then 2...

Sandra, I am going to use Vanna's choice I believe...I can order it....

Lyn, my Gram's who is turning 100 has a plant she has nurtured that was her mother's.... its an ivy and I swear it needs to by pass me cause I am sure I will kill it in the first week!

Carol, hope you feel better

Happy Anni Ratdog!

Carole.... get settled...we'll be here when you come back.... we'll leave the light on

Katy, hows the internet doing? I never thought I would say this but I'd be lost with out it...

Resting today as much as possible, tomorrow is a children's museum with 4 of the grands and then I need to watch the Princess while her mom has a 2nd interview ( teaching position)...

Tuesday is a much needed hair cut and then full game on to pack up and prepe for the 100th bday party.....we leave Friday and will come back Sunday... I told Chris I just didn't feel up to our large 4th of July party this year... everyone can just meet at the lake and we'll watch fireworks....

I probably won't start the flag ghan till I get back from WV....

• Like 1

Fri afternoon it finally cleared off so we went to the evening lecture by the bonsai artist the society brought in for this weekend.  We had decided we were not going if it was storming as it was a 55 mile one way trek thru downtown KC on the tail end of rush hour.  Made it there and back ok but hit major traffic jam on way back as they are closing lanes at night for construction.  Luckily dh exited off on another interstate and cut around.  Talked to someone else who said it took them well over 30 minutes to get thru.  Boy were we glad that 30 miles  farther on that interstate it was the lanes in the opposite direction shut down. Left home Sat at 730 am and got home at 8:30 pm.  Trekked back in Sun morning in pourng rain---- meeting place not quite as far away as Fri night lecture and we are used to driving there although lots of water in streets, not enough that you couldnt safely get thru but big enough you dont want to hit them going fast.  Got there to be greeted by a hose running across the drive from the stairwell we use pumping out water.  It had run under that door and another one.  Water was also coming up through the floor in places.  I watched it run in after wet vacking.  They worked on pumping, wet vacking, and mopping so we could carry on but it was still a mess with wet floors.  My pants legs got wet so I buttoned them at capri length. We left early and headed to Red Robin for my birthday and to chill out at the Genealogy library.

• Like 1

Lea

my mil would give me plants,saying you can't kill these,she'd call a month later,how's the plant? dead,and she'd be shocked and say really?

I had an absolute hard time keeping plants alive,my problem is I forget to water them thats why catus and I get along,they are very forgiving if you don't water them

Good Morning.

2 grandkidss are still sleeping and the third one is not here yet so I'm getting in some computer time before it gets too busy here. 

Debbie your hooks have been flying on those afghans, hope you'll share pictures of them.

Lea have fun at the museum with the grandkids.

Brenda it sounds like you had a bit of an adventurous weekend. 

I think the lazy day yesterday helped, I'm feeling better this morning, still just a little congested. We don't have any definite plans today, just hanging around the house playing. Tomorrow's plans are pretty much the same as today's and Wednesday I'll be taking the 2 oldest grandkids home.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

good morning

out the door early for 6 month Dr. appt. have a great day

Good Morning.

Brenda you ride home reminds me of going home from work in Philly to Jersey every Friday night during the summer. 

Geeze Lea the commercials for Life of Pets 2 look funny.

The 3 H's are up for the next 3 days, then maybe some rain moving in.

I am trying to fill up a basket.  I have 4 coasters made, I made 2 star potholders and I am going to work on a scrubby that looks like a sun flower.  I am also going to make a jar opener, like the one bgs made me.  Works better than the ones I have bought in the store. 

That is the extent of my day.

Have a fun day.

Got home yesterday afternoon. We had no rain while at Universal, yay!

The boys had friends over for pizza and video games and to spend the night. 

Good news is they cleaned up so all i need to do is wash the sheets and make the beds in the guest room.

Bad news is the remote for the cable box has gone missing! I plan on tearing apart the tv room today while the boys send up prayers to Saint Anthony!

Edited by ratdog

Ratdog hope it doesnt take too long to find that remote.  I do like remotes but really miss manual controls on things like the old vcr where I could punch everything in on it without the remote for it, remote for tv and tv. 

Mary Jo that drive home the other night was basically dh's daily commute home from work and a major factor in his decision to go ahead and retire.  Glad to hear the jar opener worked out.  It just looked like a good idea when I came across it.  

Edited by bgs

Cleaned the whole tv room, no remote. So, I went over to the Cox store and got another one. They didnt charge me for it.

So my son gets to live to see another day and may even be allowed to habe friends over again

Good Morning.

Everyone is up early today but they're relaxing on the sofa so it's still pretty quiet. Today I need to do laundry and packing since I'll be taking the older kids home tomorrow. The little one will be going home tonight when my daughter gets off work. Other than that we'll be playing.

Lyn I hope all went well at your appointment.

Ratdog sorry about the remote but glad to hear Universal was good.

Have a great day everyone.