katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Hello,

It's quiet here today. I hope you are all doing well. Just the typical Monday for me.

On 11/13/2020 at 1:22 PM, ReniC said:

Krys: I loved the Santa wreath and seeing it again reminded me I had supplies from last year to make something similar but never got around to it. I'm happy for you that people made the effort to compliment you on how beautiful your work is. Everything you've ever showed us is exceptional.

Reni thank you very much :). 

I remember you were asking me where I bought those Candy Cane metal forms. At that time I was showing pictures here of few Candy Cane wreaths I made. Maybe you bought some of those Candy Cane forms from Dollar Tree store?. Maybe that is what you have and you forgot you have it. I am just guessing...LOL

I hope you feeling better :)

Krys

hi ya holly  i remember years back when after i moved here, i sorted and albumed and dated and got all my many boxes of pics in order, it took me weeks, but glad i did it then lol  and now so good for you!!

good afternoon on this Thursday,yikes only oneweek to go,till gobble gobble

hi ya, well im not all that excited this Thanksging piney, kids wont be here, on account of covid, and it will be only us, but we will be thankful we are at least still alive so it all works out lol  

i have not heard anything about our neighbor, she is here quarantining, but i dont know how he is, in the hospital with covid  ,   too close for comfort, you know     he is old, diabetic, with other underlying conditions as well, so i dont know  hope the best i guess, huh 

all for me here, i"m buggin out lol  take care all!!

I have had one hell of a week. Hubby ended up getting really sick. It's been going on for a few months. He would get better then sick again. Well one week ago he was very ill and I ended up taking him to the hospital . His blood pressure was very low and heart rate high. Put him on IV's and then life flighted him to UNC about 2 hours from me. So for a week I went back and forth. Unfortunately he has no insurance cause he started the new job and we were doing well and getting on top of everything.He ended up having a kidney stone that got infected and the infection went into his blood stream and he went septic. He was in both kidney failure. Very serious and was almost not here. I am so exhausted and we are home now , but I am taking care of him and draining his bag that is connected to his right kidney. They will take the drain tube out in a few weeks and then recovery time almost 2 months after that. Not sure how we will take care of everything but, I've been trying to sell stuff to stay on top of things (it's not going so well at all)....  It's very slow but will keep trying. I do not allow anyone here at the house for I do not want anything to effect Hubbys to have a longer recovery. We pretty much Quarenteen ourselves until I know he is safe and out of the woods. So I haven't been on line and trying to get the house clean and taking care of Hubby and keep him doing his breathing thing, then short strolls, straining his pee and keeping on top of all his medicines.   I am extremely exhausted and by the time I think I can sleep I can't . He's been very uncomfortable at night too. Ugg..

I hope you all are well. I will try to check in sometime. If not Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 hour ago, owlvamp said:

I have had one hell of a week. Hubby ended up getting really sick. It's been going on for a few months. He would get better then sick again. Well one week ago he was very ill and I ended up taking him to the hospital . His blood pressure was very low and heart rate high. Put him on IV's and then life flighted him to UNC about 2 hours from me. So for a week I went back and forth. Unfortunately he has no insurance cause he started the new job and we were doing well and getting on top of everything.He ended up having a kidney stone that got infected and the infection went into his blood stream and he went septic. He was in both kidney failure. Very serious and was almost not here. I am so exhausted and we are home now , but I am taking care of him and draining his bag that is connected to his right kidney. They will take the drain tube out in a few weeks and then recovery time almost 2 months after that. Not sure how we will take care of everything but, I've been trying to sell stuff to stay on top of things (it's not going so well at all)....  It's very slow but will keep trying. I do not allow anyone here at the house for I do not want anything to effect Hubbys to have a longer recovery. We pretty much Quarenteen ourselves until I know he is safe and out of the woods. So I haven't been on line and trying to get the house clean and taking care of Hubby and keep him doing his breathing thing, then short strolls, straining his pee and keeping on top of all his medicines.   I am extremely exhausted and by the time I think I can sleep I can't . He's been very uncomfortable at night too. Ugg..

I hope you all are well. I will try to check in sometime. If not Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Sandra, I wish I had known, I would have brought you food or coffee or something.... I am so sorry, I don't know anything I can say except when we come out on the other side of this lunch... my treat...cause you will NEED it... Hugs and prayers...

Sandra I'm so sorry to hear how sick your hubby is, I will be praying for a quick and full recovery.

One more day of school and I will be off for a week for Thanksgiving. I will be cooking, most of my family has been together on a fairly regular basis so we will be having dinner together. Not much else going on here. Have a good evening.

Oh Sandra, so sorry to hear about your Husband.  I wish I was closer to help.  Take care and keep your chin up.  Prayers are with you.

Hey Ya'll, I'm still here. Trying to stay safe. Hope every one is doing good. I'm doing good. Just wanted to say:waving. I been busy with Christmas present. Getting a lot done. Take care everyone. Stay safe.

Went out today to run a couple of errands.  I have never seen so many people out and about around here ever! I went to all three craft stores (joanns, michaels and hobby lobby) and still had to order parts on amazon for mask lanyards i plan on making for the men. (Making paracord for the men and bead/chain ones for the women). Then had to go to office max and 2 different Staples before finally finding the mailing envelope size I needed.  So 6 stores , plus the gas station, in 2 and a half hours. Now my leg is buzzing (neuropathy) and I am down for the night.

good to see you again,Snowbear

Oh Ratdog,

I hate it when neuropathy legs lets us know thats the end of errands and activity for the day.I know it all too well

On 11/16/2020 at 10:31 PM, USpolishgirl said:

Reni thank you very much :). 

I remember you were asking me where I bought those Candy Cane metal forms. At that time I was showing pictures here of few Candy Cane wreaths I made. Maybe you bought some of those Candy Cane forms from Dollar Tree store?. Maybe that is what you have and you forgot you have it. I am just guessing...LOL

I hope you feeling better :)

Krys

Hi Krys- Been sort of a rough week here with health problems still so I missed this post. I never did find the candy cane forms last year. I did get the round one and a Santa face but didn't make it in time. It's still sitting on my shelf closest. Maybe next week, if I'm up to it. And thank you for the well wishes. 

On 11/19/2020 at 2:32 PM, owlvamp said:

im so sorry sandra, prayers for a quick recovery, best to you all    

Sandra I hope your husband will get better soon!

Krys

I think that is a cute tree ornament.  As you can see it is made out of hearts. Quick and easy to make :)

That pattern is sold on Etsy for 2 Bucks I think. BUT, you can make that FREE.  You can find on her site FREE heart patterns for all sizes. You will need 3 sizes to make that ornament.  Guys you need to look there how many cute & different things she is making using hearts.....:). Look up her Valentine hearts, Christmas tree ornaments and more..

Happy crocheting! :wreath

Krys

image.thumb.png.7b5dfa3136516cb00214e3328d69c0cd.png

On 11/21/2020 at 12:25 PM, ReniC said:

Hi Krys- Been sort of a rough week here with health problems still so I missed this post. I never did find the candy cane forms last year. I did get the round one and a Santa face but didn't make it in time. It's still sitting on my shelf closest. Maybe next week, if I'm up to it. And thank you for the well wishes. 

Reni You are Welcome :).  I am happy you got all supply to make that Santa face wreath. That wreath is easy, fast & simple to make compering to other wreaths. I know you will enjoy making that :).  I think I will buy more of those Santa faces for next year. He looks cute with those eye glasses :).

Take care & take it easy :)

Krys

Guess I need to check in.  Sis is coming along well.  I have been hobbling around because I somehow hurt my knee.  Thankfully it seems to be getting better. Village has been all over local news because of number of covid cases and deaths here.  It was pointed out that the numbers here reflect whats going in in the surrounding community.  Newest cluster traces back to someone that has to leave the campus for daily dialysis.  We will be ordering curbside from Village restaurant on Thurs but I cooked dh a turkey breast, dressing , cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, green beans, and gravy for supper last night.  

bgs, Brenda,

Your dinner last night sounds wonderful.  That's basically what's on the menu here for Thursday.  Just the 2 of us this year of course.

Waiting for 2021.  It has to be better than 2020.

2 hours ago, alp1 said:

bgs, Brenda,

Your dinner last night sounds wonderful.  That's basically what's on the menu here for Thursday.  Just the 2 of us this year of course.

Waiting for 2021.  It has to be better than 2020.

Tasted much better to me today because all I had to do was fill a plate and pop it in the microwave!  Dh keeps hinting for pumpkin pie.  I have to watch it as this refrigerator is not really user friendly.

oh sounds so good  cant wait till thanksgiving  we are eating here just the 2 of us too, as kids dont want to risk ours oe their health either  

we are too having all og=f th above mentioned goodies, including a pumpkin pie, and a sugar fee cheesecake lol  happy turkey day to all!!