katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

good morning

flood watches galore, an overturned hog truck,since 1 a.m. , probably rain related,road closed for hours.

it gets better later in the day, maybe a peek of sun, have a great day

Oh my Goodness! Everyone is having such strange happenings. Falls, awful storms, flooding. Wow! 2020 is the year of such upheaval.  I 'm sending prayers up for everyone to be safe and healthy.

Yesterday I made the mistake of stepping down into my garage crooked and pulled something in my hip again. It took almost 5 weeks for it to heal on the last injury. Mind you, this is not a big step. Maybe 5 inches. So, I'm back on the walker again since my other knee is discombooberated and has me on a cane permanently. Grrrr. 

I've been crocheting every day/evening this week. Yay! I'm on the 3rd earwarmer for the great grands. The little boy is going to get a hat with a Paw Patrol motif on it. All of a sudden he decided he finally likes hats- Yay for me. I'm just waiting for the Faux Fur pompoms I ordered for the scarves I made for the girls. They should arrive tomorrow. I also splurged and ordered me some perfume. Philosophy- Pure Grace. Love that stuff because it's so clean smelling.

Next week is my SIL's birthday, so, we are having a small get together for him. DD is doing all the cooking and baking. The other day I made him his favorite- a batch of Peanut Butter Cookies as one of his gifts. They turned out so good.

Krys: I loved the Santa wreath and seeing it again reminded me I had supplies from last year to make something similar but never got around to it. I'm happy for you that people made the effort to compliment you on how beautiful your work is. Everything you've ever showed us is exceptional.

Hope all are being careful, safe and healthy. Toodles for now- Reni

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2020 at 1:56 PM, USpolishgirl said:

Thank you :)

To tell you the truths I am "shocked" with all those "likes" & comments on FB  (right now is getting close to 2,000).  I would NEVER  guessed that so many people would like that Santa wreath.  After all it is kind a plain & simple wreath.

Many people there want to make that asking questions "HOW...?"  and some want to buy that from me LOL

Comments are back. 

Krys

wow, i want one too lol  

• Haha 1

I'm sorry I posted a thank you and a picture of your beautiful blankets in the FGM thank you posts back in Oct.  I should have sent you a message as well and I forgot I am sorry.  That's one of the reasons I wanted to thank people in the cards.  It is too easy to forgot someone and all of you should be thanked for your hard work.  We are donating directly to the children's group this year rather than the high school program as COVID has really screwed with school programs here.  I dropped the items off today and they were blown away by the 9 boxes and the bag of dolls. 

Edited by Bailey4

good Saturday morning to all, sun is shining

ReniC, feel better soon

need muscle memory to kick in both in mind and right hand after a  5 month break on crocheting,its taking a couple of hours ?? to do a hat, its a kid's hat, what the heck

Good Morning.

Here is a picture of the baby in the Llama blanket.  Looks like he will be nice and warm this winter.

Lama blanket for babyIMG_0710[140064].JPG

• Like 1

Good late morning: I am doing better today with the hip problem. Thank you all for good wishes to recover soon. Nothing different going on here, The sun is shining and no wind today. That's a plus here!

Mary Jo: The llama blanket is beautiful and the baby is so precious. You did a fantastic job.

Pineknott: Hang in there. Time/practice will get you back on track. I'm cheering for you. :cheer

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.

Here is a picture of the baby in the Llama blanket.  Looks like he will be nice and warm this winter.

Lama blanket for babyIMG_0710[140064].JPG

Such a wonderful photo!  Beautiful baby and love how they positioned him between the llama and cactus.

Thank you all.  This is my SIL's Great GrandBaby.

On 11/13/2020 at 2:40 PM, Bailey4 said:

I'm sorry I posted a thank you and a picture of your beautiful blankets in the FGM thank you posts back in Oct.  I should have sent you a message as well and I forgot I am sorry.  That's one of the reasons I wanted to thank people in the cards.  It is too easy to forgot someone and all of you should be thanked for your hard work.  We are donating directly to the children's group this year rather than the high school program as COVID has really screwed with school programs here.  I dropped the items off today and they were blown away by the 9 boxes and the bag of dolls. 

sorry i didnt get a message but i did get your card  im just happy they arrived, and are useful lol  thanks for all you do bauley4,    katie  💜💙🤎

Hello,

ReniC I hope you heal quickly.

Mary Jo the afghan and baby are beautiful!

I've spent today working on Christmasy face masks and laundry. I did most of my Christmas shopping online this morning. I'll need to pick up some gift cards and stocking stuffers.

Have a wonderful evening.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bgs said:

Such a wonderful photo!  Beautiful baby and love how they positioned him between the llama and cactus.

That is just precious, what a cutie and I love the blanket

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 2:12 AM, USpolishgirl said:

I am glad you are OK.

Not too long ago there was another very bad fall in your family down the stairs? or something like that.  You guys need to be more careful when you walk...!

Take care

Krys

Yep, and another grandson knocked three bottom teeth out.... we are a clumsy bunch for sure!!

On 11/13/2020 at 8:59 AM, pineknott said:

good morning

flood watches galore, an overturned hog truck,since 1 a.m. , probably rain related,road closed for hours.

it gets better later in the day, maybe a peek of sun, have a great day

Pigs everywhere?

1 hour ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Pigs everywhere?

was supposed to say Godwin Blvd closed down for hours,some pigs got loose and ran off

17 minutes ago, pineknott said:

was supposed to say Godwin Blvd closed down for hours,some pigs got loose and ran off

Pigs on the run! Ha ha! 

(Edit to add: i had to look this up online. The driver is ok, thank goodness).

Edited by ratdog

Good Morning!

Pigs on the loose! My daughter worked at a gas station on a busy street across from a dairy farm. She said they would occasionally look out and there would be police cars herding cows back to the farm. We live in a busy city so this would really cause some traffic issues.

I'm still working on face mask today, no other plans.

Hope you all have a great day!

Ok, now I am laughing:rofl  We use to see this with the cows on the cop shows a lot.

I would of been folded in half laughing.  Thanks pineknott for the laugh this morning.

Some clouds today, but not enough to hide the sun.  75 this morning, but humid, so can't make up it's mind if it wants to be fall or summer.

Have a fun day.

Wild turkeys. The road to the office my doctor was previously located at used to get swarmed with wild turkeys. The main road here on rare occasions has issues with Canadian geese crossings. They start to walk across and then decide to hang out and have a convention.

• Haha 1

i do have a story about cows getting out, it involves, me, daughter, and a tree !!  as well as about 50 cows lol  ill let you all think on that a bit!!

• Like 1

Krys - I love the Santa wreath!

Mary Jo - the llama blanket is so cute and baby is adorable!

I spent the weekend at a scrapbooking retreat. It was fun to get some memories down on paper and to get away!

• Thanks 1