Jump to content
katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2020 new thread

Recommended Posts

Katy I tried rustproof and came up with the same answers.  

Thank you Lyn.  I thought it was stainless steel, but not confident.

Just got my stiffener from Joann's. now off to stiffen more stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Katy I tried rustproof and came up with the same answers.  

Thank you Lyn.  I thought it was stainless steel, but not confident.

Just got my stiffener from Joann's. now off to stiffen more stuff.

i looked it up too, so many stainless steels to chose from lol  glad you found um  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone.

Mary Jo :hug

Holly I'm glad everyone is feeling better.

I was about to walk out the door to go to work today, which I was dreading because of all the flooding, when I got a text that my school would be virtual today. Apparently there were 23 schools that could not open physically because of flooding and power outages. So I taught from home, I'm glad I thought to bring stuff home on Friday just in case. Tomorrow schools closed for Veteran's Day so we'll see what happens on Thursday, it was just raining here again. 

The news just announced storm watches on the west coast of Florida, Mary Jo stay safe. This storm is a weird one.

Take care everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Ok guys, I need waterproof pins to starch some things.  Can anyone tell me what kind of pins these are?  Made of or how I can look for them.  Putting in waterproof pins brings up some interesting web sites.

The ones I have are leaving brown marks on white pieces.

HELP!!!!!!

Mary Jo- I use quilters rust proof pins for anything that might get damp/wet/ I've never had a problem with them. Quilt shops are the best place to get them. Any fabric store should have them also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2020 at 7:49 PM, owlvamp said:

Renic ---- I hear http://createforless.com has the Red Heart Supersaver Retro Stripes. I've trying to get on and look for the last two hours and it won't let me. I managed to get on here. So maybe you can take and see if they have it. Let me know if they do. I'll get it after the holidays. To much to fix and replace in the house.

 

Thank you for the info Owlvamp on the yarn. I was able to get in the site and they have the yarn. However, I called a friend since I remembered she ordered from there sometimes. Her order was placed before Oct. 1 and just came this week. Their website says orders may take several weeks due to Covid. I can't wait that long since this was going to be for Christmas gifts and also has to be mailed. I do appreciate your help though. I think I'm going to use a differnt yarn to play it safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning.

Happy Veteran's Day and Thank You to all our Veteran's!

No school today because of the holiday but of course I was still awake early. Need to go to the grocery store this morning but other than that no real plans. I finished the baby outfits and started a Christmas dress for my granddaughter so I will work on that today.

If you are in Eta's path please be careful and stay safe, it's a crazy storm, we're still getting outer bands here.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I went to bed last night with the weather telling us Eta was heading West.  Went to put my flags out for Veteran's Day, but it was raining to hard.  So I put the local news on.  Lo and behold, Eta is heading our way.  We are under a hurricane watch and expecting flooding and high winds by this afternoon.  They are now saying some evacuations could happen and we should know within the hour.  We are pretty high up, so that would not effect us, but we have to watch the wind.  Just went outside to move things and to turn things over.  Oh the fun of living in Florida, but when you all are covered up with layers of clothing and snow, I am glad I am here.  One good thing about the storm, is that it is moving fast and should be out of here by late this afternoon or tonight.

So, hope everyone is doing ok.  Not much going on here, just watching the storm.

Have a fun day and anyone above me, be careful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Ok I went to bed last night with the weather telling us Eta was heading West.  Went to put my flags out for Veteran's Day, but it was raining to hard.  So I put the local news on.  Lo and behold, Eta is heading our way.  We are under a hurricane watch and expecting flooding and high winds by this afternoon.  They are now saying some evacuations could happen and we should know within the hour.  We are pretty high up, so that would not effect us, but we have to watch the wind.  Just went outside to move things and to turn things over.  Oh the fun of living in Florida, but when you all are covered up with layers of clothing and snow, I am glad I am here.  One good thing about the storm, is that it is moving fast and should be out of here by late this afternoon or tonight.

So, hope everyone is doing ok.  Not much going on here, just watching the storm.

Have a fun day and anyone above me, be careful.

Stay safe. MJ...and everyone in the path of the storm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Ok I went to bed last night with the weather telling us Eta was heading West.  Went to put my flags out for Veteran's Day, but it was raining to hard.  So I put the local news on.  Lo and behold, Eta is heading our way.  We are under a hurricane watch and expecting flooding and high winds by this afternoon.  They are now saying some evacuations could happen and we should know within the hour.

Take care of your self, stay safe!

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW!!  I am very HAPPY TODAY 😄.  For the first time in about 6 hours on FB I got over 1200 (one thousand two hundred "Likes" &  almost 500 - Comments :clap. They are still coming... I always get few hundred "Likes" on FB for my crochet work. But I never got a THOUSAND! :applause

Girls do you remember that Santa wreath I made 2 years ago?. Well,  I was asked to make two more,  exactly the same wreaths. Actually I was asked to make 5 more of them, I do not want to make that many... And that dos not include my best friend & her daughters & her sisters... I am not a machine.. :(.  

This morning I decided to post that picture on FB.  I do know many people like my work. But I never expected it would be so many  of that Santa Wreath. And that was the FIRST WREATH I EVER MADE!  Very simple but nice.

Holidays are just around the corner! :ctree:2snowman

 Krys

Here is a picture of my first wreath I made:

 

Santa Face Wreath with Deco Mesh I made.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE on my "Santa Wreath" post on FB.

Few minutes ago I went there ( Face Book) to check on those Comments...

They had to TURN OFF those Comments for now. I guess it was too many in a very short time. They must be having some problems because of that..?

Here is a copy what I found below all those Comments LOL:

The admin has temporarily turned off commenting

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very beautiful wreath and yes congrats Krys.

Good Morning everyone.  We made it thru the storm, no worse for wear.  The wind was the scariest part.  It picked up all night.  I expected to see all kinds of tree branches and such.  The only causality is the bamboo scree we had on the lani.  It is no longer.  I just cleaned it up and when my friend comes over this month, he can take the rest down.

So we are still here and I hope others in the path of this storm made it out with little or no damage.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of rain here. Not bad. My neighbor left all his christmas inflatatables out and they are all still there. Husbands office opening at noon today. Im staying in my pjs today and being lazy! 

Edited by ratdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ratdog said:

Lots of rain here. Not bad. My neighbor left all his christmas inflatatables out and they are all still there. Husbands office opening at noon today. Im staying in my pjs today and being lazy! 

ha, gotta include those days on our schedule lol  i call them, sanity days lol  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Very beautiful wreath and yes congrats Krys.

Good Morning everyone.  We made it thru the storm, no worse for wear.  The wind was the scariest part.  It picked up all night.  I expected to see all kinds of tree branches and such.  The only causality is the bamboo scree we had on the lani.  It is no longer.  I just cleaned it up and when my friend comes over this month, he can take the rest down.

So we are still here and I hope others in the path of this storm made it out with little or no damage.

 

great to hear!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

WOW!!  I am very HAPPY TODAY 😄.  For the first time in about 6 hours on FB I got over 1200 (one thousand two hundred "Likes" &  almost 500 - Comments :clap. They are still coming... I always get few hundred "Likes" on FB for my crochet work. But I never got a THOUSAND! :applause

Girls do you remember that Santa wreath I made 2 years ago?. Well,  I was asked to make two more,  exactly the same wreaths. Actually I was asked to make 5 more of them, I do not want to make that many... And that dos not include my best friend & her daughters & her sisters... I am not a machine.. :(.  

This morning I decided to post that picture on FB.  I do know many people like my work. But I never expected it would be so many  of that Santa Wreath. And that was the FIRST WREATH I EVER MADE!  Very simple but nice.

Holidays are just around the corner! :ctree:2snowman

 Krys

Here is a picture of my first wreath I made:

 

Santa Face Wreath with Deco Mesh I made.jpg

well he is simply goegeous!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, katyallen8090 said:

 well he is simply goegeous!!

Thank you :)

To tell you the truths I am "shocked" with all those "likes" & comments on FB  (right now is getting close to 2,000).  I would NEVER  guessed that so many people would like that Santa wreath.  After all it is kind a plain & simple wreath.

Many people there want to make that asking questions "HOW...?"  and some want to buy that from me LOL

Comments are back. 

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Mary Jo and Ratdog I'm glad to hear you made it through Eta. People here are still having problems because of all the rain. Our yard still looks swampy and we had more rain today. We need some dry days to help clear up all the water. There were a couple of areas near work that I had to drive through very slowly today.

That's about it for my little corner of the world. Have a good evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad ya'll made it through the storm... we are having severe flooding here in NC, schools are closed or closing early because of the flooding...

I woke up at 4:15 to the cat throwing up a hairball on my feet.... got us, let Chris stay in bed ( his side didn't have cat yak).... open the door to let the dog out and our other cat was under the awning on the deck because it was raining so hard.... went to scoop her up and slid across the deck ( need a slippery when wet sign)...  sat there in the rain with the dog barking at me making sure nothing was broken... rolled over and got up, grabbed the cat ( who was looking at me like I was an idiot)... came in and took a hot shower...( Chris was still sleeping)... threw my wet clothes in the wash with some other things and the washing machine stopped working ( lovely)....

......Took a nap and woke up feel like a mac truck hit me...some days are like that ya know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

   open the door to let the dog out and our other cat was under the awning on the deck because it was raining so hard.... went to scoop her up and slid across the deck ( need a slippery when wet sign)...  sat there in the rain with the dog barking at me making sure nothing was broken... rolled over and got up

I am glad you are OK.

Not too long ago there was another very bad fall in your family down the stairs? or something like that.  You guys need to be more careful when you walk...!

Take care

Krys

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear you are ok.  Sometimes you just can't help the slip and fall. 

Up extra early this morning.  We are suppose to be getting cooler.  I do hope so.  I would love to see the humidity go away.

Not much going on here.

Have a great day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...